X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Half price sushi Mondays!
    Half price=day old sushi...thus, the parasites!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Well if Saponari is a Japanese name, it would be a good omen, but I suspect it's Italian. (Pizza was one of the 4 food groups. )

That should give me another facepalm.
      Thanks you for that laugh...It's ok RB... a good facepalm from RC makes it worth it...

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
        I don't know whether to say, "YUM" or, "Eeeeew"...your best bet is cheese...melt it to kill parasites!
        Medically speaking-if they keep the sushi at -4 degrees F for 24 hours it kills every possible parasite. Also best to only eat sushi made from salt water fish as it is the fresh water fish that are the culprits most times. Tuna OK-Salmon not so OK unless farm raised. Speaking of that-we are just ow heading out for wednesday sushi special here(along with plum sake).
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Medically speaking-if they keep the sushi at -4 degrees F for 24 hours it kills every possible parasite. Also best to only eat sushi made from salt water fish as it is the fresh water fish that are the culprits most times. Tuna OK-Salmon not so OK unless farm raised. Speaking of that-we are just ow heading out for wednesday sushi special here(along with plum sake).
          I probably wouldn't be able to keep up with you and Jenny on vodka gimlets, but would be just fine with a sake tasting!

Also, I don't think the sushi is actually old on mondays. I can't remember exactly when they get their deliveries, though.

Comment

You might be right about the parasites doc, but there isn't a chiller in the world that'll kill Mercury...
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              You might be right about the parasites doc, but there isn't a chiller in the world that'll kill Mercury...
              That is true.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

FWIW, heres some more news on Nick Quinn from the Oshawa side of things.

Comment

[QUted to goTE=redhead18;4857566]FWIW, heres some more news on Nick Quinn from the Oshawa side of things.[/QUOTE]

Of course the Oshawa Generals can boast having the greatest hockey player of all time as an alum ... Bobby Orr.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                    FWIW, heres some more news on Nick Quinn from the Oshawa side of things.
                    I guess that we will have to look at who is dressed for Oshawa this evening, although it's probably a done deal.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I guess that we will have to look at who is dressed for Oshawa this evening, although it's probably a done deal.
                      He is playing for Oshawa tonight and will be signing with them later today. Confirmed.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        He is playing for Oshawa tonight and will be signing with them later today. Confirmed.
                        The beginning of the end of his hockey career, I fear. Good luck to young Mr. Quinn.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                          Not surprising.

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          The beginning of the end of his hockey career, I fear. Good luck to young Mr. Quinn.
                          That won't be surprising.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He committed to RPI in 2009, was offered and accepted a tender to Dubuque of the USHL in Spring 2010 (with Monty); was cut as an extra foreign player because the rule was for 2 but thru misunderstanding DBQ ended up with 3; was picked up by DesMoines for 2010-11, then decided to go to Oshawa...
                            If you guys will note...I confirmed Oshawa way back there... What? My sources are few...but they're as good as it gets!!!

Comment

If you guys will note...I confirmed Oshawa way back there... What? My sources are few...but they're as good as it gets!!!
                              You are the bomb. You were also the first one to say you were hearing rumblings re:BP. Can you give me the lotto numbers for this weekend.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Ongoing ice delays forced the Saints to abandon Dubuque for the Excel Center in Minny...thanks to friends in high places... They'll face Sioux City in an exhibition game there Sat. at 4PM. A cool experience for the lads...

http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=295058

Comment

Working...
                                X