X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    My own personal opinion is that the DBQ fiasco left RPI painted with the same bitterness they had toward Monty for kicking him to the curb. Once that happened, all bets were off, IMO.
    You probably are correct about the bitterness, but I can't believe that he couldn't fins another college to his likeness if he really wanted an education.

As much I wish he was heading to Troy, I'm glad he won't be showing up wearing an opponents jersey. Best of luck to Nick, and if you're listening, we still want you here !!!!!
    I do still want him in Troy if he hasn't signed with the OHL yet, but ...
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      You probably are correct about the bitterness, but I can't believe that he couldn't fins another college to his likeness if he really wanted an education.
      No I agree, I think that the events from this summer brought MJs back into play...I recall reading that before he signed with RPI, all he was thinking was MJs until he played in a jr. tourney in Maine and got to see a Black Bears game...and loving it.

The steady parade of youngsters who have jumped early to sign pro contracts didn't help the colleges that might've taken a run at him either, etc.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

No I agree, I think that the events from this summer brought MJs back into play...I recall reading that before he signed with RPI, all he was thinking was MJs until he played in a jr. tourney in Maine and got to see a Black Bears game...and loving it.

The steady parade of youngsters who have jumped early to sign pro contracts didn't help the colleges that might've taken a run at him either, etc.
        I suspect that last sentence is correct. I also suspect tht Quinn Sr had something to say about the decision.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I agree w all that is being said about NQ. I know you can never have enough in the queue but we are going to be stacked back there. Koudys, LeBeef, Luke, Bailen. I am of the thinking that we might be better than last year because the D is more mobile and that will take pressure off Yorkie (Plus other teams have attrited also). The captain's practice that I have attended I have observed that we are better on the blue line in that area. If you remember last year we would get stuck in are own end and that would lead to goals. The D being better skaters will alleviate this. Plus they are big except Nick B who can skate like the wind. **** I can't wait till the season starts.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            I agree w all that is being said about NQ. I know you can never have enough in the queue but we are going to be stacked back there. Koudys, LeBeef, Luke, Bailen. I am of the thinking that we might be better than last year because the D is more mobile and that will take pressure off Yorkie (Plus other teams have attrited also). The captain's practice that I have attended I have observed that we are better on the blue line in that area. If you remember last year we would get stuck in are own end and that would lead to goals. The D being better skaters will alleviate this. Plus they are big except Nick B who can skate like the wind. **** I can't wait till the season starts.
            Agree that we look better on Defense than we have in some time-but that is one place where we never seem to have enough. I always worry about injuries on D leaving us short handed back there.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

...dumb stuff like not wanting to eat cheese three meals a day start to enter into the decision...
              Jumping in a little late on this one... My first reaction was to dismiss this as the usual stereotyping of Wisconsin. Then I realized that, while back in Madison for a friend's wedding this past Saturday, at least half of my food intake for the day was cheese of one form or another. So I guess you're pretty much right.
              RPI '08, UW '09. Let's go RED!

Comment

Let's just say that I'm no stranger to the Sconny ways Dan! In fact, I'll be at Lambeau next week...Hope your GI track has returned to normal...ha ha
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I once dated a girl with the last name of Quinn...she broke my heart therefore, I will never trust a person with the last name Quinn ever again.
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                    I once dated a girl with the last name of Quinn...she broke my heart therefore, I will never trust a person with the last name Quinn ever again.
                    This is all kinds of win.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDanGo View Post
                      Jumping in a little late on this one... My first reaction was to dismiss this as the usual stereotyping of Wisconsin. Then I realized that, while back in Madison for a friend's wedding this past Saturday, at least half of my food intake for the day was cheese of one form or another. So I guess you're pretty much right.
                      I LOVE THIS THREAD (...because I also believe cheese should be a food group... )!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                        Are you wearing sandals or sneakers while you pose this?

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                          I LOVE THIS THREAD (...because I also believe cheese should be a food group... )!!!!!
                          I thought the four food groups were pizza, beer, ramen, and chinese food?

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                            Are you wearing sandals or sneakers while you pose this?
                            Velcro sneakers for this guy...my friends took away my sneakers with laces once they found out I was an RPI fan.
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Those are all good...but no one says any of those words to make you smile for the camera...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                What about sushi?
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X