X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    For some reason, I'm thinking that I won't need to check my powerball ticket
    Wow, this is the month from hell for RPI hockey. I need to find out who Seth is picking in the Travers and stay away from that horse.

Keep the faith. October is just six weeks away.

Comment

The monthly trip to the craps table is off until things start to change.

Comment

I wonder if Quinn is heading to the O...?
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          If you're saying that, we're really in trouble.
          Getting a little punch drunk is all.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            I wonder if Quinn is heading to the O...?
            That's my guess. He was drafted by Sudbury. I googled that but found nothing new on line.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              Getting a little punch drunk is all.
              The only thing good about all of this is that I may not owe you a beer.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What a major win for Union this is.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This whole Hockey Summit thing is a joke. As these guys meet the blood letting continues for College Hockey (see Nick Quinn). It would seem he is on his way to the O. Doesn't his dad run some hockey skill camp in Canuckistan, most likely pressure from that end to stay in Canada. I think you're going to see coaches stop focusing on the blue chippers who will most likely bolt and turn to kids who intend on being part of the university experience. Paul Kelly not be invited to that joke of summit is not encouraging. NCAA has to address this issue in some way, recruiting rule changes, etc.
                    Last edited by AspyDad; 08-27-2010, 09:27 AM. Reason: spelling
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Oh, ye (is that spelled right?), of little faith in the First Church of RPI Hockey!

This thread is not sounding at all like a soap opera; IT'S SOUNDING LIKE A BUNCH OF OLD WOMEN!!! Snap out of it (FD08, please insert Cher slapping Nick Cage...)

Here is what we know: RPI lost a valued Asst. Coach, some key player have left and a prized recruit may have de-committed. Here's what we also know: Seth Appert has slowly begun to build a team which will contend.

Here is what we don't know (but what I think is the key point overlooked): A good coach can take a group of players who are NOT superstars and form them into a cohesive unit. That might not happen in October but I think by Christmas it will. I said it before and I'll say it again...this story is going to be written on pages smeared with mud and blood, chards of ice, smelly ripped gloves, chewed up mouth guards and the (hopefully not toothless) smiles of 23 young men standing behind their intrepid coach.

Everyone stop ringing your hands and let's get ready for the roller coaster ride!!! This is going to be a fun season.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                        This thread is not sounding at all like a soap opera; IT'S SOUNDING LIKE A BUNCH OF OLD WOMEN!!! Snap out of it (FD08, please insert Cher slapping Nick Cage...)
                        You"re right BB. In my last post, I sound like a candy a**, panty waist
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          This whole Hockey Summit thing is a joke. As these guys meet the blood letting continues for College Hockey (see Nick Quinn). It would seem he is on his way to the O. Doesn't his dad run some hockey skill camp in Canuckistan, most likely pressure from that end to stay in Canada. I think you're going to see coaches stopping focusing on the blue chippers who will most likely bolt and turn to kids who intend on being part of the university experience. Paul Kelly not be invited to that joke of summit is not encouraging. NCAA has to address this issue in some way, recruiting rule changes, etc.
                          His father does run a hockey skills camp. I think his dad is looking for what is best for Nick. Whether it is the OHL or another college, we should find out soon.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RC, you're right I despise Union. I'm just hoping that FD08 isn't going to go into the whole "I really don't mind Union that much because I hooked up w/ a girl from Union" thing like he did w Cornell

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              His father does run a hockey skills camp. I think his dad is looking for what is best for Nick. Whether it is the OHL or another college, we should find out soon.
                              I'm sure but wouldn't a good education be part of what is best for him. It would be hard for me to believe it would be another college after we just put two guys in the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                I'm sure but wouldn't a good education be part of what is best for him. It would be hard for me to believe it would be another college after we just put two guys in the pros.
                                You and I think it would be, especially since he is a smalllish defenseman. Perhaps he thinks that he can be in a better situation in another school.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X