X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I think that if you compare the recruit lists for all colleges from four years ago to the current one, you will find a significantly higher percentage of earlier commitments now than back then.
    I'm sorry, Eeyore, you aren't convincing me.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
      our AD (Athletic Director...not our Rookie of the Year )
      there seems to be a bit of contempt in that statement Your right BB, our Full Bird AD is most likely a help in this area.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Nothing at all shows that he is interested. Just like the Spink twins, he plays for a team that we have a connection to.
        Good Doctor, I am telling you he is on the radar. Scoff all you want but I am confident in my source on this one. Sometimes, I swear Ralph confuses me w Hokydad. This is more than he just plays for Monty, I'll leave it at that.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          I'm sorry, Eeyore, you aren't convincing me.
          Were OK.....Recruiting some times comes down to what is available and what you need.A good example is the Spynx boys they are both fine players but do we really need any more 5'7 - 5'8 forwards I don't think so.We went 3 yrs.just grabbing the best talent we could now we can fill holes.Although the JDA/BP affair put a wrench in the plan I have to believe the staff only planned on them being there for 2yrs so we only have to Yaba Daba Doo our way thru his year.I can assure you with confidence that SA and the Brain Trust are a couple years out w/recruiting.You get to a point where you have to let the players you have mature and develop,it can't always be the next BIG THING. this hurts recruiting also kids and advisors get the opinion that there just the flavor of the day until someone better comes along.We are slowly getting to the point where we are not recruiuting we are RELOADING and that is a good thing.(JMO)
          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/h...on-Izyk-110458 was there mention of RPI somewhere else RB...I believe this is from March
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Plus we have Luke and JL for next year's crop. That's a helluva of a start.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/h...on-Izyk-110458 was there mention of RPI somewhere else RB...I believe this is from March
                I got this quote regarding Izyk from collegehockey247 back at the end of March. I cant link the story because I didnt renew my subscription.
                "I've talked to a few schools, visited RPI and New Hampshire and Michigan, but I'd still really like to see Denver and Miami too,"

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                  I got this quote regarding Izyk from collegehockey247 back at the end of March. I cant link the story because I didnt renew my subscription.
                  Should be great to see how this one plays out...Seth vs. Gwoz !
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    Good Doctor, I am telling you he is on the radar. Scoff all you want but I am confident in my source on this one. Sometimes, I swear Ralph confuses me w Hokydad. This is more than he just plays for Monty, I'll leave it at that.
                    I don't think it's that we don't trust you, we just would like to be able to research it for ourselves and verify that this is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                      There is one other piece to the recruiting puzzle that should give all of us a bit of assurance...our AD (Athletic Director...not our Rookie of the Year ) spends his summers in rinks with his younger son. I have no doubt he notes who might be a comer and give the word to SA. He has said he doesn't want to insert himself in the coach's business and I'm sure he doesn't; but I'm also sure an intriguing recruit or two can come from those venues...
                      That is good to hear Babo, you know better than most the number of players coaches look at and follow before ever making an offer. If I were Seth, I wouldn't mind hearing from the Colonel about a kid or two.....even if he was my boss. The guy obviously knows hockey.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I'll take the fact that he visited RPI as a plus compared to talked
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          I have no reason to doubt you Aspy, and will look forward to your updates in this regard. I also have no doubt that our midwest Sales Rep. B.R.O. will do his level best with VS ! Everyone else should keep an eye out for a curly haired 6'0 190lb. kid visiting HFH....

I would say that if nothing else, if VS were to really light things up in Dubuque this season, college offers aside, he might get an offer from Atlanta. But I say this having no idea about their personnel or cap position.
                          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-03-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I'll take the fact that he visited RPI as a plus compared to talked
                            Agreed, also IIRC Seth coached him at USA hockey/goalie camp. That said, if he hasn't already, it sounds like he will visit DU and Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                              Were OK.....Recruiting some times comes down to what is available and what you need.A good example is the Spynx boys they are both fine players but do we really need any more 5'7 - 5'8 forwards I don't think so.We went 3 yrs.just grabbing the best talent we could now we can fill holes.Although the JDA/BP affair put a wrench in the plan I have to believe the staff only planned on them being there for 2yrs so we only have to Yaba Daba Doo our way thru his year.I can assure you with confidence that SA and the Brain Trust are a couple years out w/recruiting.You get to a point where you have to let the players you have mature and develop,it can't always be the next BIG THING. this hurts recruiting also kids and advisors get the opinion that there just the flavor of the day until someone better comes along.We are slowly getting to the point where we are not recruiuting we are RELOADING and that is a good thing.(JMO)
                              Just to be accurate, the Spink kids (Tyler (C) & Tyson (RW), only turned 17 halfway thru last season. They have a lot of physical growth to come...and could be 2 years away from playing in Troy (with a jump to BCHL or USHL.) The QMJHL site lists them in the 5'10 180 range. While no doubt exaggerated, we'll be able to compare their size to JL this season. They both attended MJ camp but returned to Cornwall.

Whether RPI has interest or not, they are legit ECAC prospects. The brothers put up nearly 120 pts. in their first trip thru the league...vs. kids 3 and 4 yrs. older than them.

The one recruiting wrinkle is they will most certainly want to play together, as they have described the results of past coaching attempts to split them up as "not good".
                              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-03-2010, 11:11 AM.

Comment

I knew that we were mentioned with Izyk and several others (e.g., Beyers). I don't recall, however, Saponari being mentioned. That doesn't mean that we aren't interested, and I hope that we are interested.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X