This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

In an exhibition game on Tuesday, the Cornwall Colts lost to the Hawkesbury Hawks 6-2. Jacob Laliberté did not dress (although his brother Yanik played for Hawkesbury). http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1347126. Cornwall plays again on Thursday.

Laliberté's preseason line is now 2-2-0-2-2.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      In an exhibition game on Tuesday, the Cornwall Colts lost to the Hawkesbury Hawks 6-2. Jacob Laliberté did not dress (although his brother Yanik played for Hawkesbury). http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1347126. Cornwall plays again on Thursday.

Perhaps he was at a wedding?
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueywqUBW3oM

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Actually the Colts played their B team, probably regarding players like JL and the Spink twins as known quantities.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph, at the risk of upsetting the censors, I will ask you, is there any chance that JL is waiting for Yanik so they can come to RPI together... ? BTW, Yanik is a realllly small kid.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-01-2010, 01:28 PM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

It definitely isn't certain from what we know. It could have been different the two years.
              Agreed RB
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                I personally learn from this thread exchange and enjoy that which is discussed by all the regular members. I will continue to speculate; I expect there to be speculation about the recruit to whom I'm closest. I HATE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS with all my being and will never buckle under the pressure from the word police. If you don't like what I say, too bad.

Comment

It definitely isn't certain from what we know. It could have been different the two years.
                  I phrased my statement in a clumsy manner; what I meant was that it seems as though the information available to us points toward the recruit making the decision to remain in juniors. Might the school and the coach have as much say in this type of situation as the recruit? I say yes...they guide the outcome to what is best for the player and the team. Having said that, if this is in fact the player's decision, and the coach and school wanted him here yesterday but cannot use the full weight of their influence to make it happen, then I think there is something else going on...

Comment

Might the school and the coach have as much say in this type of situation as the recruit? I say yes...they guide the outcome to what is best for the player and the team.
                    I definitely think this was case last year, but don't really know what to make of the situation this year. The reporting is so poor at the S-F that it literally seems like they are afraid to ask him any questions about the topic...that in and of itself might be telling.

In any event, I can't recall a quote I've seen attributed to JL regarding his plans/goals/aspirations following his victory lap in Cornwall. Seems like a perfectly ordinary question for a journalist to ask, but in this era of reporters wanting to be best buddies with players and coaches, I guess its not all that surprising.
                    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-01-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Another Yale recruit as per CH today...its beginning to sound like a broken record

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Ralph, at the risk of upsetting the censors, I will ask you, is there any chance that JL is waiting for Yanik so they can come to RPI together... ? BTW, Yanik is a realllly small kid.
                        At the risk of joining you, Yanik won't be ready next year, if ever.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I phrased my statement in a clumsy manner; what I meant was that it seems as though the information available to us points toward the recruit making the decision to remain in juniors. Might the school and the coach have as much say in this type of situation as the recruit? I say yes...they guide the outcome to what is best for the player and the team. Having said that, if this is in fact the player's decision, and the coach and school wanted him here yesterday but cannot use the full weight of their influence to make it happen, then I think there is something else going on...
                          I do think both the recruit and the coach have something to say on these situations. You should know more about this first hand than I do.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            If we add another small one we could have a Smurfs Line.

Comment

http://recordhockey.blogspot.com/201...next-year.html

Ed Weaver has an extremely brief statement on the JL saga.
                              RPI Class of 2012
                              Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                                http://recordhockey.blogspot.com/201...next-year.html

Ed Weaver has an extremely brief statement on the JL saga.
                                RH-I will believe it when I see it. I have had myself all psyched up for his arrival for a long time. I absolutely do not doubt his hockey talent and just expect him to be an offensive force. I just hope that this statement is correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X