X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota, version 2.0

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    I think that is because Don Adam makes $#!i up as he goes... The man is a clown and shouldn't be reffing hockey games in any league.
    You aren't lying... he literally makes it up. I was in Duluth for a game between the Gophers and Bulldogs a few years ago when he reviewed a call for 15 minutes... no lie. The goal was on the board, off the board, on the board... this was after reviewing the goal, then talking to one of the coaches, then the goal getting changed, then getting yelled at by the other coach, then changing it again... it was one of the most unbelievable things I have ever seen by a ref at a game.
    Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
    INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

Looking at North Dakota's roster, you have 13 players from Canada. But what is striking to me is the remainder of the roster and where they are from:
      Minnesota: 6
      North Dakota: 2
      Wisconsin: 1
      Connecticut: 1
      Nebraska: 1
      Alaska: 1
      California: 1
      Colorado: 1
      So yes we are recruiting from all over the United States even though a little less than half of the players are from Canada. I actually expected more from Minnesota but..

What's also interesting is next year's incoming class: Canada: 2, Minnesota: 1, Missouri:1, Michigan: 1, Ohio: 1, Arizona: 1.

Comment

Just heard on WDAZ that lawmakers are thinking about submitting a bill that will force UND to keep the Sioux Nickname.
        http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/189627/
        Last edited by darker98; 01-10-2011, 05:08 PM.
        "My greatest achievement."
        Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
          Just heard on WDAZ that lawmakers are thinking about submitting a bill that will force UND to keep the Sioux Nickname.
          http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/189627/
          Nice to hear that people are still fighting it, and a Bison, nonetheless!

I fear that it may be too little too late.

I find it hard to believe that people are letting this issue go away so quietly. The majority of people want the nickname and logo, and to narrow it down, the majority of a tribe has voted and shown they approve of it. Like I've said all along, get rid of all or none, not just one.
          THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
          1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
          1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
          University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
          University of Oregon Ducks Football
          San Francisco Giants
          Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
            I think that is because Don Adam makes $#!i up as he goes... The man is a clown and shouldn't be reffing hockey games in any league.
            Something Sioux and Gopher fans can agree upon.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Stack View Post
              Looking at North Dakota's roster, you have 13 players from Canada. But what is striking to me is the remainder of the roster and where they are from:
              Minnesota: 6
              North Dakota: 2
              Wisconsin: 1
              Connecticut: 1
              Nebraska: 1
              Alaska: 1
              California: 1
              Colorado: 1
              So yes we are recruiting from all over the United States even though a little less than half of the players are from Canada. I actually expected more from Minnesota but..

What's also interesting is next year's incoming class: Canada: 2, Minnesota: 1, Missouri:1, Michigan: 1, Ohio: 1, Arizona: 1.
              Magnet school.

Comment

Never saw Adam wave off the goal...maybe I missed it but he basically did nothing...big surprise...never heard the whistle either and I was sitting 20 feet away...
                License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Compilation video of Frattin highlights made by a Maple Leafs fan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OJ9H...layer_embedded
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

that's a pretty sweet video
                    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

That video rocked!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

Hobey Candidate Frattin. What an amazing turnaround for Chay and Matt. Congratulations to both.

http://www.fightingsiou*****/ViewArt...B_OEM_ID=13500

To submit a vote, visit www.hobeybakeraward.com and click on the "Vote for Hobey Baker" tab. Users can vote for their favorite Hobey Baker candidate once every 24 hours.
                        Just entered my daily vote and checked the voting and Matt had 52% of the vote. Way to put up those votes Sioux fans.

Correction: Just checked the voting again. He now has 68% of the vote. Maybe letting the leafs fans know that their prospect may be the best player in college hockey and providing the link may have had something to do with the voting bump.
                        Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 01-13-2011, 10:30 AM.
                        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                          Correction: Just checked the voting again. He now has 68% of the vote. Maybe letting the leafs fans know that their prospect may be the best player in college hockey and providing the link may have had something to do with the voting bump.
                          Yep, 67% when I cast my vote. Go Matt!

It's particularly impressive given the number of candidates on their list.
                          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Grand Forks Herald's Decade of Dominance article by Brad Elliott Schlossman:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/189974

This is more than a great article it is more of a resource. 8 full pages of fine print WOW. Print it and pass it on to your grandchildren.
                            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                              Yep, 67% when I cast my vote. Go Matt!

It's particularly impressive given the number of candidates on their list.

Ok Sioux fans remember to place your Hobey vote every 24 hours.

Another day means another vote for Matt or Chay. I just voted did you?
                              http://www.hobeybakeraward.com

Maple Leafs are also showing their support for Matt.
                              http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=549341

There are 68 Hobey candidates and Matt was getting 68% of the entire vote.
                              Now he is down to ONLY 60%.

Seems that Chay with a respectible 5% needs more votes.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                                Grand Forks Herald's Decade of Dominance article by Brad Elliott Schlossman:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/189974

This is more than a great article it is more of a resource. 8 full pages of fine print WOW. Print it and pass it on to your grandchildren.
                                Wow, awesome article.
                                Game day is upon us! Go Sioux, beat those Gophers!!
                                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X