X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota, version 2.0

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Whitey's.
    Love Whiteys. Eat and drink there before plenty of Sioux games.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Sounds like Maine is in trouble with all of these players doing well. Maine needs out of conference points desperately. They are having a terrible start. Any Fighting Sioux fans coming to Orono?
      Yep, my family and I will be making the trip over from Vermont to see them play. I like to take advantage of any opportunity I can to see the Sioux play and this series is only about a 5 hour drive from my house. Now if the UND ticket office would just get back to me and let me know if they have any tickets for me. But hotel reservations are made and we're looking forward to a great weekend of hockey.

Are there any Sioux get togethers before either game?
      Go Sioux!!!
      Go Cadets!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        UND-Maine will be a good series. I always root for Maine unless the Sioux are involved. North Dakota played well this weekend, and will need to play as good or better if they want the same results. The Sioux are very good this year, but IMO need Eidsness to play a notch above where he is at right now to make them a truly great team. Saying that, I could have been in the nets in the third on Saturday and the Sioux would have won...and I can barely skate.
        I will root for the Fighting Sioux anytime except this weekend. I like their fans. Always a classy bunch at Frozen Fours. Appreciate the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelnick View Post
          Yep, my family and I will be making the trip over from Vermont to see them play. I like to take advantage of any opportunity I can to see the Sioux play and this series is only about a 5 hour drive from my house. Now if the UND ticket office would just get back to me and let me know if they have any tickets for me. But hotel reservations are made and we're looking forward to a great weekend of hockey.

Are there any Sioux get togethers before either game?
          There is a section reserved in the Alfond for visiting fans. Tickets should not be a problem.

Comment

I will root for the Fighting Sioux anytime except this weekend. I like their fans. Always a classy bunch at Frozen Fours. Appreciate the info.
            we are?
            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

As I've said many times before, I put the ass in class.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                As I've said many times before, I put the ass in class.
                yeah, pretty much.
                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  UND-Maine will be a good series. I always root for Maine unless the Sioux are involved. North Dakota played well this weekend, and will need to play as good or better if they want the same results. The Sioux are very good this year, but IMO need Eidsness to play a notch above where he is at right now to make them a truly great team. Saying that, I could have been in the nets in the third on Saturday and the Sioux would have won...and I can barely skate.
                  My parents went on a kind of "retirees" trip to Maine a number of years ago and caught a UND-Maine series. They've always said that was one of the best trips they've ever been on, and the Maine fans were fantastic to them.

I'm not worried about Eids or our goaltending. I really like the fact that Dell is getting a chance to play, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that continue. I don't feel the team is playing to it's capability yet, but it's so early. I think Hak is still trying to get some playing time for different players, and trying to figure out if it's better with 11 or 12 forwards.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    My parents went on a kind of "retirees" trip to Maine a number of years ago and caught a UND-Maine series. They've always said that was one of the best trips they've ever been on, and the Maine fans were fantastic to them.

I'm not worried about Eids or our goaltending. I really like the fact that Dell is getting a chance to play, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that continue. I don't feel the team is playing to it's capability yet, but it's so early. I think Hak is still trying to get some playing time for different players, and trying to figure out if it's better with 11 or 12 forwards.
                    I'm voting for 12 forwards vs 11...is this just so Dillon Simpson can get in 1 game each weekend?
                    License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                      I'm voting for 12 forwards vs 11...is this just so Dillon Simpson can get in 1 game each weekend?
                      It would appear so...
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Here's a very complimentary article by Larry Mahoney of the Bangor Daily News describing how similar the Fighting Sioux and Black Bears are. I still hope Maine takes at least one game.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...s-are-similar/

Comment

Here's a very complimentary article by Larry Mahoney of the Bangor Daily News describing how similar the Fighting Sioux and Black Bears are. I still hope Maine takes at least one game.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...s-are-similar/
                          Its our turn for the sweep!
                          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Some articles:

Pony going "home"
                            Road Trippin Sioux

It will mark the first time in program history that the Sioux have played six road games to open the season. By the time UND returns to Grand Forks during the early hours of Sunday morning, it will have traveled 7,410 miles.
                            Q&A with Rowney
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

A long return trip home after a very disappointing weekend in Maine.
                              Sure, the refs certainly didn't help UND (20 PP's on the weekend for Maine??), but UND didn't score on their PP chances either.

Now we just need to regroup for a tough DU team...first home series of the year and it's almost November, that's crazy. Time to get back into it and take it to the Pios on home ice.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I'm not going to tip toe around it, the refs sucked tonight. Whatever, UND has traveled something like 7 000 miles in their first three weeks of play, and it's still early.

Comment

Working...
                                X