Top Forwards
    Nelson is #15

Top Dmen
    Forbort is #1
    Simpson is #9

Top Goalies

Top Classes
    UND is at #4
    Nice job by Hak and his staff, with a very small class. Should be no excuses from our friends in the mile high city.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota, version 2.0

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      INCH has their recruiting rankings out for this season:

Top Forwards
      Nelson is #15

Top Dmen
      Forbort is #1
      Simpson is #9

Top Goalies

Top Classes
      UND is at #4
      I'm a little surprised on their forward selections. I would have both Nick Shore and Brock Nelson in the top 10. Also, I'd have Minnesota ahead of us for Top Classes, based largely on the sheer size of their recruiting class.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

WCHA Hockey now getting coverage by the Crookston Times. Nice to see more folks taking an interest in WCHA hockey.

http://www.crookstontimes.com/blogs/...OG-WCHA-Weekly
        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I have a serious question. What is the latest on the Fighting Sioux nickname?

I know they announced they will change it, but are there any challenges in court or are there any new names being circulated?

Sorry, I have been out of it all summer, and trying to get back into the swing of things.

Wishing they could keep the name as I am an Illinois Fighting Illini fan as well.
          Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
          www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
            I know they announced they will change it, but are there any challenges in court or are there any new names being circulated?
            Whitey's.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/2010...nded/#comments

UND’s team bus was rear-ended this afternoon while stopped at a railroad crossing near Erskine, Minn., which is about halfway between Grand Forks and Bemidji.

None of the players or coaches were hurt. The car appeared totaled, UND sports info director Jayson Hajdu said, but the driver was not seriously injured.

According to Hajdu, after learning that the driver of the car was OK, associate coach Cary Eades quipped, “They’ve got to crack down on all this hitting from behind.”

A local school bus driver drove the team the final hour to Bemidji on a new bus.
              Nice one Eades.
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Whitey's.
                Fighting Caucasians?

Seriously though, I'm not one who wants the PC freaks to get their way.
                Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                  You don't happen to live near Madison do you?
                  nope...stuck in minny
                  License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

I have a question for everyone in this thread. I'm building a North Dakota Hockey website (have been for awhile now) and one of the sections that I have in the site is a Series History section with each of our different teams. As a part of the Series History, I'm including a "Greatest Game" type section of the best game ever played between the two teams. I'd like your input on what games should be a part of this.

For instance, for the Gophers-Sioux you might say the 2004 WCHA Final Five Championship, or the 2007 West Regional Final, etc. Now, I want to have a game listed for each of the different teams we have played, so if you can think of anything from any series that we've had that would be great. Also, fans of opposing teams views are appreciated as well.

Thanks to everyone that helps me out with this, and I'm hoping that the website can be finished by the end of this season.
                    North Dakota

Comment

This weekends games will be on Midco Channel 597 ... Go Sioux!!

Edit: Also noticed that next weekends Friday night game at Maine will be on CBS College....nothing for Saturday.
                      Last edited by RedFrog; 10-16-2010, 08:59 PM.
                      Enjoy Fighting Sioux Hockey Videos on My Youtube

Comment

Nice!
                        I'll take a sweep over BSU in their new arena any day...I thought BSU would win a game just on emotion this weekend.
                        Good start to the WCHA calender, now they get to travel to Maine for a couple important games in the PWR.

Frattin is a beast, Gregoire is hitting his stride a semester earlier than normal, Forbort is already playing like a junior...many good things with this Sioux team thus far.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Thanks for welcoming BSU to the WCHA in the proper way. The little b-i-t-c-h-e-s.

Someone will need to thump UNO since Goldy was clearly unable to.

Comment

Enjoy Fighting Sioux Hockey Videos on My Youtube

Comment

Nice!
                              I'll take a sweep over BSU in their new arena any day...I thought BSU would win a game just on emotion this weekend.
                              Good start to the WCHA calender, now they get to travel to Maine for a couple important games in the PWR.

Frattin is a beast, Gregoire is hitting his stride a semester earlier than normal, Forbort is already playing like a junior...many good things with this Sioux team thus far.
                              Sounds like Maine is in trouble with all of these players doing well. Maine needs out of conference points desperately. They are having a terrible start. Any Fighting Sioux fans coming to Orono?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                Sounds like Maine is in trouble with all of these players doing well. Maine needs out of conference points desperately. They are having a terrible start. Any Fighting Sioux fans coming to Orono?
                                UND-Maine will be a good series. I always root for Maine unless the Sioux are involved. North Dakota played well this weekend, and will need to play as good or better if they want the same results. The Sioux are very good this year, but IMO need Eidsness to play a notch above where he is at right now to make them a truly great team. Saying that, I could have been in the nets in the third on Saturday and the Sioux would have won...and I can barely skate.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X