X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota, version 2.0

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I seriously doubt North Dakota would agree to an arrangement where they only play MN in Minneapolis with no return visits. What's in it for UND?

UND has a good tradition of being willing to travel anywhere for a series. But if you look, you'll see it always involves a return visit the prior or following season. There is a reason why UND hasn't traveled to Ann Arbor for a regular season series since 1980.
    I agree there is nothing in it for UND.

It will be interesting to see what happens but I highly doubt Minnesota will schedule many out of conference road series. It is a shame.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      I agree there is nothing in it for UND.

It will be interesting to see what happens but I highly doubt Minnesota will schedule many out of conference road series. It is a shame.
      I think if any school can get MN to travel for a non conference series it's UND. MN will want the gate associated with UND coming to town just as much as UND will want the gate associated with MN coming to town.

The rivalry I'd be most worried about losing would be WI. Something tells me Alvarez might think WI is "above travelling to an FCS school" and won't realize the mutual benefit of doing a two year home-home.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

i dont know about everyone else, but i am sure pumped for this upcoming season. The sky is the limit with this group... and since the vikings suck lets just roll into another great FIGHTING SIOUX Hockey season!!!!
        Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Lots of Maine fans like UND
          What? They feel a kinship for also getting owned by BC?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            What? They feel a kinship for also getting owned by BC?
            Much like Gopher fans feel kinship with Canisius fans due to both getting owned by RIT.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Roadtrip alert!
              NHL preseason opener within driving distance of Grand Forks and tickets may still be available.

Anyone heading up to Winnipeg to see Toews today?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...103509279.html

True North Sports and Entertainment Ltd. said late Tuesday that 12,600 tickets had been sold for the game with just over 2,400 still available.
              UPDATE. The Blackhawks roster, also includes Nick Leddy.
              http://blackhawks.nhl.com/v2/ext/Roster100922TBL.pdf
              Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 09-22-2010, 12:53 PM.
              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

From Brad's blog:

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/2010...actice-update/

The players are saying that Matt Frattin has won the Iron Man competition this year. Frattin was one of the only guys who didn’t spend the summer here in Grand Forks. He went home to Edmonton, got in a routine, lifted weights with a trainer, and has returned in great shape. In fact, apparently trainer Mark Poolman has nicknamed him the X-Factor because of his fitness.

Some good news about Chay Genoway: It sure doesn’t look like he’s lost a step. He was flying around on the rink today.

As expected, Brent Davidson is back to forward. Joe Gleason is skating on defense and Ryan Hill is skating at forward right now. Jake Marto was the only player wearing a limited contact sweater.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Forgive me as I've only been reading the forum off and on this summer...

Has Genoway actually received medical clearance to play full-contact hockey?
                  Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
                  INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
                    Forgive me as I've only been reading the forum off and on this summer...

Has Genoway actually received medical clearance to play full-contact hockey?
                    Not full contact yet, so he'll be playing for the UND women's team until he receives clearance.

From everything I've read, the clearance shouldn't be an issue. The fact that he wasn't wearing a limited contact jersey during practice should indicate that (Marto was though after his offseason surgery).
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                      Not full contact yet, so he'll be playing for the UND women's team until he receives clearance.
                      The women would have one heck of a threat on the ice!
                      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                        The women would have one heck of a threat on the ice!
                        They already do with the Lammy twins.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEXHeTcxQy4

We will be hearing this alot this coming season!!!!

Drop the puck already, LETS GO SIOUX!!!!
                          Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            I seriously doubt North Dakota would agree to an arrangement where they only play MN in Minneapolis with no return visits. What's in it for UND?

UND has a good tradition of being willing to travel anywhere for a series. But if you look, you'll see it always involves a return visit the prior or following season. There is a reason why UND hasn't traveled to Ann Arbor for a regular season series since 1980.
                            If it were up to me I would go to Minneapolis even if those scum bags didn't come here. Nobody, I mean nobody, travels like North Dakota fans do and it usaully is a home game for the Sioux in the toilet bowl anyway. Like I said, the BTHC is being created for image only. As usual, they think they are better than everyone else so they have to seperate themselves from other schools that have been playing the gerbs for a long time. Let them go, who cares!

Comment

Originally posted by sioux7 View Post
                              If it were up to me I would go to Minneapolis even if those scum bags didn't come here. Nobody, I mean nobody, travels like North Dakota fans do and it usaully is a home game for the Sioux in the toilet bowl anyway. Like I said, the BTHC is being created for image only. As usual, they think they are better than everyone else so they have to seperate themselves from other schools that have been playing the gerbs for a long time. Let them go, who cares!
                              And the point remains, why should UND agree to only play Minnesota at Mariucci, and deprive themselves of the revenue for a home game? Minnesota is not going to pay another hockey team to play them at home, and UND should not reduce itself to being a patsy "just to keep the rivalry". Hockey, unlike football or bouncyball, puts UND on a much more even level with the Big Ten, and other school "name" schools. If Minnie wants to schedule UND as an NC team, they can play in REA as well as Mariucci.
                              "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScottM View Post
                                And the point remains, why should UND agree to only play Minnesota at Mariucci, and deprive themselves of the revenue for a home game? Minnesota is not going to pay another hockey team to play them at home, and UND should not reduce itself to being a patsy "just to keep the rivalry". Hockey, unlike football or bouncyball, puts UND on a much more even level with the Big Ten, and other school "name" schools. If Minnie wants to schedule UND as an NC team, they can play in REA as well as Mariucci.
                                one thing to keep in mind here is that Minnesota is a traditional hockey powerhouse. They have an established rivalry with North Dakota that isn't going away regardless of who is in what conference. Minnesota will still get a lot of non-con games and although they like to schedule cupcakes, they know how important the North Dakota rivalry is to the fans and players. Combine that with a share of revenue and I'm not worried about this going away. And even if it does, it's clear to me that the Sioux have developed a better rivalry in the past couple years with Denver then they have with Minnesota anyway.
                                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X