X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota, version 2.0

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Fighting Sioux hockey is right around the corner!!
    yes!!!!!!
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      Fighting Sioux hockey is right around the corner!!
      Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
      yes!!!!!!
      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

I'm actually gonna go out on a limb and say that I can wait for sioux hockey season...

...I can't even say that with a straight face...
        Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

Which one you bastages is coming to Orono?
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Which one you bastages is coming to Orono?
            Can tickets be had? I live in Portland and am considering making the trip, at least for Saturday.

Comment

I got tickets to the Saturday Robert Morris game yesterday. It will be my kids first live hockey game.

Comment

A quick BTHC comment...

At first I thought it would suck, but then I realized that we're still going to play MN and probably Wisco 2 times a year anyway... which is what we are often doing now anyway. As for the FF tourney, it will go in the toilet, and one logical central location to hold it would be in the Fargo Dome. Would that actually be that bad?
                Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
                INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
                  A quick BTHC comment...

At first I thought it would suck, but then I realized that we're still going to play MN and probably Wisco 2 times a year anyway... which is what we are often doing now anyway. As for the FF tourney, it will go in the toilet, and one logical central location to hold it would be in the Fargo Dome. Would that actually be that bad?
                  I'm not sure why they wouldn't hold it at Xcel. I seriously doubt Xcel will have the new Big 10 tournament, certainly not every year. In fact, they may not have a tournament at all, but just a series of playoffs on campus. If Xcel can't get the Big 10 tournament, I expect they'll make a push to keep the WCHA. It is a great venue.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I'm not sure why they wouldn't hold it at Xcel. I seriously doubt Xcel will have the new Big 10 tournament, certainly not every year. In fact, they may not have a tournament at all, but just a series of playoffs on campus. If Xcel can't get the Big 10 tournament, I expect they'll make a push to keep the WCHA. It is a great venue.
                    No better venue than the X... but in realty there are a lot of empty seats when the host school isn't there. Also, more emphasis is placed on the W(est)CHA when MN and Wisco aren't in the conference. Just thinking Fargo has an easy airport in and out that receives flights from everywhere, a lot of hotel rooms, smaller venue that may be easier (cheaper) to sell out. There won't be a FSN TV contract anymore (maybe a regional one, though). There will be major challenges to keeping the FF at the X. And I do very much think there will be a BTCH tourney. Big 10 TV, and already a conference tourney in other sports... I think a tourney for them is a given (but like you said, not at the X).
                    Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
                    INCH, March 27, 2005

Comment

No better venue than the X... but in realty there are a lot of empty seats when the host school isn't there. Also, more emphasis is placed on the W(est)CHA when MN and Wisco aren't in the conference. Just thinking Fargo has an easy airport in and out that receives flights from everywhere, a lot of hotel rooms, smaller venue that may be easier (cheaper) to sell out. There won't be a FSN TV contract anymore (maybe a regional one, though). There will be major challenges to keeping the FF at the X. And I do very much think there will be a BTCH tourney. Big 10 TV, and already a conference tourney in other sports... I think a tourney for them is a given (but like you said, not at the X).
                      Why the EFF would anyone want to watch hockey in Fargo at the dome? Did you not hear the complaints after the NC game about the ice in a non-traditional hockey venue? There is no BTHC, no one is going anywhere and Penn State is going to get slaughtered for 5 years and then shut down their hockey program because paramedics will be tired of picking up the bodies.
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                        Why the EFF would anyone want to watch hockey in Fargo at the dome? Did you not hear the complaints after the NC game about the ice in a non-traditional hockey venue? There is no BTHC, no one is going anywhere and Penn State is going to get slaughtered for 5 years and then shut down their hockey program because paramedics will be tired of picking up the bodies.
                        Yeah, I heard them, The Fargo Dome also isn't a 50,000+ seat stadium. I just believe that the BTHC is inevitable, along with the WCHA tourney leaving the X. The UP Center is too small, the UHC is a dump, Engelstad isn't "neutral," Denver is too far west.... blah, blah, blah....

Well, it's a few years from now so why worry about it I guess. This year will be excitement enough with the team the Sioux have...
                        Panzer for Hobey.

INCH, March 27, 2005

Comment

A quick BTHC comment...

My guess is Minnesota and Wisconsin will try and schedule as many home dates as possible. If UND doesn't want to play either school on the road than they will say, maybe next year. It will be interesting to see if the Big Ten schools want to play UND in Grand Forks.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            My guess is Minnesota and Wisconsin will try and schedule as many home dates as possible. If UND doesn't want to play either school on the road than they will say, maybe next year. It will be interesting to see if the Big Ten schools want to play UND in Grand Forks.
                            It would be a major shame if UMN and Wisconsin stop traveling to Grand Forks if the BTHC ends up forming. There is so much tradition between them and UND. I know they won't come every year, that already doesn't happen, but it would be nice to see them in Grand Forks every 2-4 years with a similar number of trips by UND to the UMN and Wisconsin arenas.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              I seriously doubt North Dakota would agree to an arrangement where they only play MN in Minneapolis with no return visits. What's in it for UND?

UND has a good tradition of being willing to travel anywhere for a series. But if you look, you'll see it always involves a return visit the prior or following season. There is a reason why UND hasn't traveled to Ann Arbor for a regular season series since 1980.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
                                Can tickets be had? I live in Portland and am considering making the trip, at least for Saturday.
                                207-581- Bear. Based on the last few years yes but UND will be a popular game. Lots of Maine fans like UND
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X