Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Speaking of photos, we're due for RHam or RC to update us on the progress at HFH...
    I wasn't allowed in to the rink for insurance reasons or something... makes me wonder how the other pictures "leaked" out . Got to see the locker rooms and training room instead.

The activity fair took place in the Armory today; it was well over 100 degrees inside. I miss the cold of the HFH.
    RPI Class of 2012
    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

In honor of Bryce Merriam, today is 3 September 2010. There are 32 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
        The activity fair took place in the Armory today; it was well over 100 degrees inside. I miss the cold of the HFH.
        Speaking of cold at HFH...do you think the renovation will take the cold out of the rink? THAT I would not like...

Comment

Speaking of photos, we're due for RHam or RC to update us on the progress at HFH...
          My source tells me they have run out of money to finish the LGR level of the project the way they wanted to!
          Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
            Speaking of cold at HFH...do you think the renovation will take the cold out of the rink? THAT I would not like...
            If anything, I hope it takes the warm out of the building. Back when the pep band played in Section 14 during women's games, it was extremely hot up there, and intermissions while we weren't playing, I would go down to rink level because it was actually cool down there.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
              My source tells me they have run out of money to finish the LGR level of the project the way they wanted to!
              With Ralph as my witness... I am going to try to never use "my source" ever again when posting. Sick of this crap.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I wasn't allowed in to the rink for insurance reasons or something... makes me wonder how the other pictures "leaked" out . Got to see the locker rooms and training room instead.

Perhaps the rules got a little stricter with students now on campus. Also, I would venture a guess that the photographer was "given a tour" of the construction area, as that's usually the only way you can get in to those places while construction is happening (unless of course you work for the contractor).

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                  Babo: If ice is your concern, in my adult memory, with the possible exception of one weird very warm late winter spell, RPI has always had excellent, hard ice. If memory serves, they installed dehumidification 5-6 years ago, so they can even solve fog issues, if they have to.

While the stands DO heat up when the joint is packed, the ice is always well made...unlike some other rinks I won't mention.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

RHam - thanks for trying. My advice is to find a hard hat, throw on some jeans and your worst shoes and boots and just stride in their on a mission, like you belong there. Its easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                      Who are these people and where are their keepers?

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                        Why would the city with big shoulders draft someone with such small shoulders?
                        Aside from the fact that this question has nothing to do with current RPI hockey?
                        Gretzky wasn't exactly a strapping lad, but he knew how to dish and bury pucks.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                          Who is,by the way, no longer fat
                          Once a fatty, always a fatty.

Comment

Once a fatty, always a fatty.
                            QFT!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Babo: If ice is your concern, in my adult memory, with the possible exception of one weird very warm late winter spell, RPI has always had excellent, hard ice. If memory serves, they installed dehumidification 5-6 years ago, so they can even solve fog issues, if they have to.

While the stands DO heat up when the joint is packed, the ice is always well made...unlike some other rinks I won't mention.
                              For the few of us whose adult memories extend all the way back to the '60's, the Field House used to be kept quite warm and the ice was relatively soft. This was done to slow down the opposing forwards, at a time when RPI's teams tended to be a bit lacking in the speed department.

I'm glad to hear that the ice is now excellent and hard, since that should suit the kind of teams Appert is trying to build.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                                For the few of us whose adult memories extend all the way back to the '60's, the Field House used to be kept quite warm and the ice was relatively soft. This was done to slow down the opposing forwards, at a time when RPI's teams tended to be a bit lacking in the speed department.

I'm glad to hear that the ice is now excellent and hard, since that should suit the kind of teams Appert is trying to build.
                                And the doors were opened on the end behind the direction RPI was skating to give them a little tail wind. Ned thought of everything.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X