Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hockey major?

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    All of a sudden this thread has become much more entertaining.
    *****http://www.nmubaseball.net/uscho/popcorn.gif******
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by acling View Post
      Is this your goal?

Anyway, call it what you like. I guess it's ok because you seem to be quite impressed with yourself no matter what...

My goal? Nope. Nobody can make you feel inferior but yourself, so I'd be wasting my time trying. Is it your goal to censor investigation and discussion of the academic success of hockey players and hockey colleges? If you don't have feelings of inferiority and you don't just don't care about any correlation between college academics and college hockey what possible pleasure or profit do you find in posting to this thread?

I would like to hear about former college hockey players who had especially noteworthy careers outside of pro hockey. If this question bothers you don't hesitate to explain why.

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
        I would like to hear about former college hockey players who had especially noteworthy careers outside of pro hockey. If this question bothers you don't hesitate to explain why.
        Then why the hell did you start a thread regarding current player's major?
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Even if the title reads like you were insinuating that schools offer "hockey" as a major.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            He's an Ivy academic elitist. Probably mad that his school (my guess is Cornell) hasn't won more national titles because "inferior" schools such as mine aren't as difficult academically and get better recruits. So he makes up this problem that the kids at these "inferior" schools don't care about school at all and just care about hockey despite being shown quite a bit of evidence to the contrary and seems to be insulted that some of them take the money after a couple years to do their job.

In short. It's seems like sour grapes to me.
            Well that seems a little judgmental to me. Is that what you think Cornellians feel? I can't speak for everyone but I was happy to go to a good school (not the best) with a good hockey team (not the best)............but with the best game atmosphere.

Then on to Michigan, where we have the best recruiting class every year.
            Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
            I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

Here's an example of a successful hockey career combined with an obviously successful invention. http://www.faniq.com/blog/Sharks-Def...Ever-Blog-8066

I'm assuming this is the type of example you're looking for.
              Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
              I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                Even if the title reads like you were insinuating that schools offer "hockey" as a major.

Wow. I'm stumped. Do you also think a question about successful careers of ex-college players outside pro hockey insinuates there are no successful careers to be had in pro hockey?
                Let's suppose for a moment that someone has an interest in what becomes of 99+% of college hockey players after they leave school, and a particular interest in those who have especially noteworthy careers. How could this person word a request for such information so that he wouldn't be shouted down by hockey fanatics?
                While you're at it, let's suppose a person is interested in what college hockey students study while they are not busy shooting and scoring. How could he word this question so he would not be accused of elitism or subversion?

Comment

You think Joe Juneau would have had a terrible time in the real world after graduating with an aerospace degree in 3 years? (RPI fans, please correct me.)
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    You think Joe Juneau would have had a terrible time in the real world after graduating with an aerospace degree in 3 years? (RPI fans, please correct me.)
                    How in hell did you come up with the idea I am prejudiced against hockey players with college degrees?
                    I didn't know about Juneau's academic success, but I'm pleased to hear about it. I welcome more such success stories. They interest me and some other people more than statistics about blocked shots, hits, and such.

Comment

How in hell did you come up with the idea I am prejudiced against hockey players with college degrees?
                      I didn't know about Juneau's academic success, but I'm pleased to hear about it. I welcome more such success stories. They interest me and some other people more than statistics about blocked shots, hits, and such.
                      Do these other people exist inside or outside of your mind?
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

My goal? Nope. Nobody can make you feel inferior but yourself, so I'd be wasting my time trying. Is it your goal to censor investigation and discussion of the academic success of hockey players and hockey colleges? If you don't have feelings of inferiority and you don't just don't care about any correlation between college academics and college hockey what possible pleasure or profit do you find in posting to this thread?

Hobey Baker.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFan View Post
                          Well that seems a little judgmental to me. Is that what you think Cornellians feel? I can't speak for everyone but I was happy to go to a good school (not the best) with a good hockey team (not the best)............but with the best game atmosphere.
                          Now, now. I've meet my fair share of Cornell fans, and they've been great. Except jmh, he's kind of a jerk. But, I chalk that up to him being from Jersey.

And Lynah's atmosphere is no where near as good as The Ralph's. Ok, I couldn't keep a straight face while typing that...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Then perhaps you should move this thread to the college hockey alumni forum, where it might actually be somewhat topical.

You start the worst threads I've seen in 10+ years on this board, and then whine "censorship" when others disagree with you. Nobody is deleting your posts, so you're not being censored. Post all the dreck you like, but be man enough to take the criticism that follows.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Then go to the cafe and start that thread there...where it belongs.

Jeez man, what part of this are you struggling with?

And if that's what you wanted to know, why isn't that what you named the thread, or asked in the opening post...
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Maybe you should come up with some names of players that weren't successful after playing college hockey? Can you name anyone that played college hockey, and didn't drop out except to play pro hockey, that has ended up in a breadline? It seems like that would mean most are pretty successful.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X