Williams College named Forbes America's Top College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Williams College named Forbes America's Top College

Williams ranks first and Amherst is third....Pretty impressive.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/backtos...leges-2293942/

Re: Williams College named Forbes America's Top College

Makes Williams' 11 straight Director's Cups and Amherst's back to back DIII women's ice hockey titles that much more amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
      Makes Williams' 11 straight Director's Cups and Amherst's back to back DIII women's ice hockey titles that much more amazing!
      I didn't check the whole list but I think I saw Wesleyan at 15...Middlebury at 26th.

Elmira and RIT both checked in at the high 500's.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
        Williams ranks first and Amherst is third....Pretty impressive.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/backtos...leges-2293942/
        Well golly ....who wouldn't want to latch on to the women's gig here.

I mean you would be stupid not to...

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
          I didn't check the whole list but I think I saw Wesleyan at 15...Middlebury at 26th.

Elmira and RIT both checked in at the high 500's.
          In fact all of the NESCAC schools that play Women's hockey are in the top 100. That is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Plugger View Post
            In fact all of the NESCAC schools that play Women's hockey are in the top 100. That is impressive.
            Given the academic prowess of some of these schools, not all that surprising.

There always seems to be a pretty close correlation between level of academic standards and satisfaction ratings of a school. IMHO it goes back to the type of students that can get into these schools in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
              Given the academic prowess of some of these schools, not all that surprising.

There always seems to be a pretty close correlation between level of academic standards and satisfaction ratings of a school. IMHO it goes back to the type of students that can get into these schools in the first place.
              I thought this whole article lost it's credibility with the first sentence reading
              "The best college in America isn't Cambridge or Princeton..."

Really? Ummmm. Cambridge is in England so...I just stopped reading it after that.

Sure hope this journalist didn't graduate from one of those top 100 NESCAC's.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                I thought this whole article lost it's credibility with the first sentence reading

Really? Ummmm. Cambridge is in England so...I just stopped reading it after that.

Please tell me you are kidding about Cambridge........

Comment

EDIT: OK I read the article again...my bad. It read "isn't in".... not "isn't"!

Darn those Evelyn Wood Speed Reading courses I took in the late 70's...

Apologies to the author and all members of the NESCAC community...

Comment

Yikes! 5-4, what the hell?............Summer solstice.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                      Yikes! 5-4, what the hell?............Summer solstice.
                      No...like I said it was either Evelyn's course ...or the late 70's.

Comment

No...like I said it was either Evelyn's course ...or the late 70's.
                        Or you attended school #595?

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
                          Or you attended school #595?
                          Hah! I just had to go back and find #595...I'm sure they will be thrilled.

Can't help but think that no bigger lesson has been learned prior to or since, on any US College Campus than in the late spring of 1970 at #594...

Neil Young then told the world about it..."Tin Soldiers and Nixon coming...."

Comment

Nice honor for Williams but I have to question what goes into this poll? Even more questions after seeing this in the paper today.

http://m.host.madison.com/mobile/art...cc4c002e0.html
                            Last edited by WHKY blogger; 08-14-2010, 06:13 PM.
                            The WCHA Dynasty
                            Wisconsin
                            National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
                            MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
                            National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
                            MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
                            National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
                            MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

It says ' isn't IN Cambridge or Princeton' , meaning Cambridge MA. I'm surprised our American friends didn't pick up on that. They've got a pretty good University too. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X