Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2010 Predictions Thread

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
    MTU didn't have a chance against Augsburg... they have four former WCHA players!!
    It was tied 2-2 through two periods, and it took an ex-CCHA player for Augs to win.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      It was tied 2-2 through two periods, and it took an ex-CCHA player for Augs to win.
      Mind you we also had our third string goaltender starting between the pipes.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        Mind you we also had our third string goaltender starting between the pipes.
        Which is the equivalent of a drunk frat boy in the stands who couldn't make his HS JV team for most schools.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I predict DU fans will continue to have no class.

~ Stay classy Colorado Springs
          Originally posted by vizoroo
          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
          Originally posted by duper
          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
          Originally posted by dggoddard
          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by acling View Post
            I predict DU fans will continue to have no class.

~ Stay classy Colorado Springs
            Easiest prediction in this thread.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Easiest prediction in this thread.
              I didn't think anyone outside of Colorado had an opinion either way on CC and DU.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

People in North Dakota love DU fans. All four of them.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  People in North Dakota love DU fans. All four of them.
                  There are more than 4 people in North Dakota!
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    One reason could be the clusters - UMD's should be much easier than SCSU and UND's cluster. I think UND will be the better team, but UMD has a schedule that is easier by enough of a margin that they might finish ahead of the Sioux.
                    Maybe, UMD went 6-4 against their cluster mates last year, splitting every series but one at Minnesota.
                    The year before, 4-3-4.
                    Wisconsin will likely not be as good as last year but they still have a good defense and I think UMD will have problems if they can't find secondary scoring outside their big 3, Tech always plays them tough, Minnesota is a rivalry series for them.
                    I don't think their cluster is all that easy.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Maybe, UMD went 6-4 against their cluster mates last year, splitting every series but one at Minnesota.
                      The year before, 4-3-4.
                      Wisconsin will likely not be as good as last year but they still have a good defense and I think UMD will have problems if they can't find secondary scoring outside their big 3, Tech always plays them tough, Minnesota is a rivalry series for them.
                      I don't think their cluster is all that easy.
                      That's why I wrote "could". The poster I was responding to said he, "can't see how anyone could say UND isn't the preseason favorite". I just offered one possible reason.
                      No cluster in the WCHA is easy, but I'd much rather face MTU, UW, and MN than SCSU, BSU and UNO.

Comment

IMO this season its going to be a fight between SCSU and ND.
                        Im expected my beloved Badgers to be about in the middle of the pack, but they might surprise people by the time February comes around.
                        They will be a young team after all the players they lost this summer and the start of the season will likely be ugly, but I think (hope) Eaves will mold them into a pretty respectable team by the middle of the season. At least we still have Gudmanson, who should bring them some leadership and maturity and is a solid goaltender. We've also still got Murray, who is a very good player and now should have the opportunity to grow into a star.
                        A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                        Originally posted by MadCityRich
                        He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                        Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                        Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                        "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          There are more than 4 people in North Dakota!
                          Yes and they're all related.
                          How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            I didn't think anyone outside of Colorado had an opinion either way on CC and DU.
                            Well I do. I see DU as the Yankees and CC as the Red Sox (pre 2004). Where one team has won a lot, and the other team has not won championships in over 50 years. Yeah yeah DU I know you won National Titles most recently, and I know CC hasn't won one in a long time. DU fans rag on CC fans and it gets old.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              Well I do. I see DU as the Yankees and CC as the Red Sox (pre 2004). Where one team has won a lot, and the other team has not won championships in over 50 years. Yeah yeah DU I know you won National Titles most recently, and I know CC hasn't won one in a long time. DU fans rag on CC fans and it gets old.
                              For DU and CC fans, the ragging never gets old. The DU vs. CC rivalry is 60 years old now and fans from both schools have been ragging on each other for all of those years. Over the years, there have been student riots (60s), live animals on the ice (70s) and even huge obscene banners (80s) that have made a mark on the rivalry and that's just the fans.

CC fans have had a lot to cheer about since Don Lucia resurrected the CC program in the mid 1990s. CC has really owned the regular season series vs DU since the mid 1990s and won more Gold Pans than DU since the trophy started in the 90s, and has really excelled in games in DU's Magness Arena, where they seem to play their best hockey.

Denver fans have also had plenty to cheer about, including still having the all-time series lead, crushing CC 6-2 in the in the biggest DU vs CC game of all time in Columbus (the 2005 NCAA Semi-Finals) when DU went on to win the NCAA title, and the fact that Denver has won all of its seven NCAA titles since CC last won one in 1957.

It's among the top 5 rivalries in college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                                For DU and CC fans, the ragging never gets old.
                                It gets old sometimes (probably not a great idea to read a DU blog after they beat CC) but that feeling never really lasts.

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                                It's among the top 5 rivalries in college hockey.
                                Can we get a list of your top 10? Top 5 sounds about right. Sometimes I think that sells it a little short but it's hard to argue that it's better than some of the other great rivalries.
                                Originally posted by vizoroo
                                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                                Originally posted by dggoddard
                                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X