X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010 Off-season thread V: Captain Kennedy and the A-Team

Originally posted by IMO View Post
    How do you know he is gone? A half hour ago you didn't even know the news of his possible signing.
    Because it comes from Yahoo Sports Canada which is a reputable media outlet.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      "Yahoo" + "reputable" = Does not compute
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Great, now I feel like a dope for suggesting "The A Team" for a thread title, given the possibility that it may be broken up this week.

Comment

Ken Schott blog with quotes from Appert:

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...r-the-right-r/
          APBWiki

Comment

Hopefully he's the only one who jumps after one year, while it's nice to have talents of that level. I don't think we want RPI to become like Kentucky basketball and have players only showing up for one year, people need more time together in order to form the best team.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Great, now I feel like a dope for suggesting "The A Team" for a thread title, given the possibility that it may be broken up this week.
              If Jerry does in fact leave I wish him all the luck in the world....in a crazy kind of way it will be good for the program in the sense that recruits can come here and fulfill there NHL dreams.IMO Jerry is making a mistake.Another year or even 2 would put him in position to return to school and finish his degree in short order and move on with life if the NHL thing doesn't work out(which statistics show there is a high probability it won't)But once the NHL shills get there hooks in you there is no looking back.Brian Burke has had 3 GM positions...Hartford/Vancouver/Anaheim....Fired from all 3 jobs....and IMO Toronto is a sinking ship or at best taking on water...not the best situation in the world...but what do I know !!!!!
              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                92 now including one by me.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                  If Jerry does in fact leave I wish him all the luck in the world....in a crazy kind of way it will be good for the program in the sense that recruits can come here and fulfill there NHL dreams.IMO Jerry is making a mistake.Another year or even 2 would put him in position to return to school and finish his degree in short order and move on with life if the NHL thing doesn't work out(which statistics show there is a high probability it won't)But once the NHL shills get there hooks in you there is no looking back.Brian Burke has had 3 GM positions...Hartford/Vancouver/Anaheim....Fired from all 3 jobs....and IMO Toronto is a sinking ship or at best taking on water...not the best situation in the world...but what do I know !!!!!
                  Spot on TB. Burkie gets credit for the USA silver medal but if Miller doesn't stand on his head and Marty B hadn't stunk the joint out who knows what would have happened to USA team.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Agree-what a revolting development this is( Quoting the old TV show the Life Of Riley). I could certainly understand this jump after another year of seasoning in the NCAA. Just my opinion, but this just seems a tad early. Unless of course the money offered is staggering. If we are talking a couple of 7 figure numbers then by all means it is a good decision. Anything less, without a guarantee of making the parent NHL club just does not seem like a sensible decision. If true-i wish Jerry all the best and truly hope this works out for him.
                    Last edited by DrDemento; 08-09-2010, 05:06 PM.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-season thread V: Captain Kennedy and the A-Team

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                      All I am saying is that nothing is certain until it is. Even Apppert is quoted as saying it isn't a done deal yet so maybe he will be there tonight-and even if he is leaving he doesn't have to run and hide. If he is in town I say he shows up tonight-he will love all the attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        "Yahoo" + "reputable" = Does not compute
                        Proof:

"The Rangers drafted D’Amigo in the 2007 OHL draft, but he chose to join the hockey program at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, N.Y., which is roughly two hours west of his hometown of Binghamton, N.Y."

On a serious note, I'm disappointed to hear that he may be leaving, as he was exciting to watch last year and I was looking forward to seeing how he would do this season. Hopefully he makes the best decision and everything works out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs
                          I agree with all of this but its hard to turn down the cash. If I had to bet RC another beer (he already owes me two ) I'd wager Jerry ends up in Kitchener this year (60 games in the O this fall, then the AHL/Marlies in the fall of '11.)
                          Wicked-How much cash would you say would make this a wise decision? BTW I agree as I mentiond in an earlier post-if the cash was indeed enough.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Wicked-How much cash would you say would make this a wise decision? BTW I agree as I mentiond in an earlier post-if the cash was indeed enough.
                            I dunno I don't have a great grasp on how upfront cash the NHL is throwing around I just find it hard to believe that they'll flat out guarantee him that he'll play for the Marlies. If memory serves, he wouldn't count against the Leafs' cap number if he plays in Kitchener...and they'd still achieve the goal of having him under contract.
                            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-09-2010, 05:41 PM.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

...Brian Burke has had 3 GM positions...Hartford/Vancouver/Anaheim....Fired from all 3 jobs....and IMO Toronto is a sinking ship or at best taking on water...not the best situation in the world...but what do I know !!!!!
                              Well to be fair, most GMs are fired ...or quit.....repeatedly over the course of a career. Look at Glenn Sather as one example -- that guy lives out of a suitcase. If GM job stability was criteria for whether players signed or not, there would be some empty rosters out there.
                              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-09-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

This doesn't impact RPI directly, but interesting to note that GB Gamblers coach Jon Cooper has been hired by the Norfolk Admirals of the AHL (Tampa Bay). He's the first USHL coach to make the jump straight to HC in the AHL.

http://www.gamblershockey.com/index....ase&Itemid=101

Comment

Working...
                                X