X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-season thread V: Captain Kennedy and the A-Team

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    After the World Junior performance he had where he went point for point with the best players in the world at his age, and given the fact he's now over 200 lbs, this signing should not come as a great surprise. He will develop no mattter where he plays, and this is a nice recruiting tool for the RPI progam. The Maple Leafs are the most followed hockey team in the world, and when he makes an impact at the NHL level, he will be taking the RPI name to the center of the hockey world.
    Good points as usual Swami. I know Jerry was working out with Zach Parise this summer, so I have a feeling his speed/burst (once thought a weakness) is even better.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      We had 106 posts yesterday (using eastern time). That may be an off-season record.
      Gotta be
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

...onto the positive...looking at possible line combos; Kennedy/ Bergin...Foss/Leboeuf or Koudys...Bailen/Dolan....Polacek/Brutlag/Cullen or Tinordi...Pirri/O'Grady/Rogic...Goulet or Higgs/Tinordi or Cullen/ Malchuck...Helfrich/Burgdoerfer/Lee....leaving; Halpern, Smith, Rabbani, Watts, Beauregard. Still seems to be an awfully good squad
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          The Kitchener-Waterloo record? Last time I checked, Waterloo, NY was a ways from Kitchener, Ontario.
          This was the only one when I posted. Now there are a total of 13.

August 10th 2010, 7:06am
          Well it seems that I really am an idiot.

After railing about getting rid of picks from the draft and beating that dead horse in every discussion since it happened, Burke went and showed why he manages a professional hockey team and I never could.

I kept moaning that they could have had a Taylor Hall, blah, blah, blah. Now they are poised to nab a young guy with a really similar skill set.

Proving that the draft is not the only way to build a team. This absolutely makes the Kessel deal less of a concern. Anyone else who made a big deal of it should feel dumb the day we get D'Amigo.

And finally proving that I really am a fool who knows not of what he speaks. Guess you don't have to read anything I write ever again.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-10-2010, 11:41 AM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RC - I haven't heard anyone talk about player attendance yesterday. Were Jerry and Pirri the only ones missing?

Not to be an alarmist but captains practices have begun. If Pirri isn't local, then I think we've got more than just Jerry to worry about.
            I agree, but there is nothing new on the net about anything happening to Pirri.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              ...onto the positive...looking at possible line combos; Kennedy/ Bergin...Foss/Leboeuf or Koudys...Bailen/Dolan....Polacek/Brutlag/Cullen or Tinordi...Pirri/O'Grady/Rogic...Goulet or Higgs/Tinordi or Cullen/ Malchuck...Helfrich/Burgdoerfer/Lee....leaving; Halpern, Smith, Rabbani, Watts, Beauregard. Still seems to be an awfully good squad
              Exactly. It would be better if we have Jerry, but to me this hurts RPI less than the Nash signing hurt Cornell or the Leblanc signing hurt Harvard.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Good points as usual Swami. I know Jerry was working out with Zach Parise this summer, so I have a feeling his speed/burst (once thought a weakness) is even better.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKRCO_ahFGs
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

yes only two missing
                  I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Jeez. He is jacked compared to last year.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                      yes only two missing
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I agree, but there is nothing new on the net about anything happening to Pirri.
                        Hopefully, he's not apartment shopping in Rockford.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Jeez. He is jacked compared to last year.
                          I am surprised that no one linked that video earlier, at least I don't recall seeing it. I found it linked on the HF thread which is now well past 300 posts.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Oh boy, that can't be good....Seth's gonna need more Pepto.

Comment

Hopefully, he's not apartment shopping in Rockford.
                              Or Saginaw.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Also, should D'Amigo be leaving, remember that we also played against BU, Michigan, State, AND Q-Pac without him (while he was away at WJC). We won 3 out of 4. I'm not going to speculate outcomes had he been there because it's moot. What I am saying, though, is that even with a couple of star players, we still have a lot of depth. Should Jerry choose to wave the pen, I'll be very happy that he is advancing in the ranks, but I think we'll be OK. We have a lot of good depth, with much more coming in.

Also, who knows? Western Canada may also produce a few draft picks in the future for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X