X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-season thread V: Captain Kennedy and the A-Team

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    We had 106 posts yesterday (using eastern time). That may be an off-season record.
    RPI 2010 Off-season thread VI: Is it too early to think about this?

Though we've now seen multiple sources, most of them are re-hashing the same stuff. I'm not at all trying to "get hopes up", as it were, but I'm in about the same position of thought as the first article. Until either the ink touches parchment or his shadow darkens HFH before December, I'm still up in the air about his leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Though we've now seen multiple sources, most of them are re-hashing the same stuff. I'm not at all trying to "get hopes up", as it were, but I'm in about the same position of thought as the first article. Until either the ink touches parchment or his shadow darkens HFH before December, I'm still up in the air about his leaving.
      I agree. I'll believe when I see it. But it does make for interesting speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        The comments by fans in this TSN article are pretty enlightening
        http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=330076
        I love the guy who said he was playing for an apartment and a car, like RPI is the USC football program or something.

Sorry to hear about this signing RPI fans, but after that World Juniors performance, he had star potential written on his forehead.

Comment

I have read all the sources and even the comments and several things come to mind. First of all most people think finishing or coming close to finishing school is a good idea. Let's be realistic here unless he makes the NHL he will be earning possibly the same amount of money through scholarship as an AHL contract minus the agent fee. I just don't understand agents and parents-most kids do not go back to school after they leave and why give up an amazing opportunity to do both. Secondly I hope this entire situation is settled asap. This cannot be great for the team-especially if they are training and he is missing in action-to return could and would be unsettling for all involved. This situation although I am sure is normal in proceedings seems a bit strange to say the least. Something seems off with this entire process. I wish Jerry the best but am now more interested in making sure that what is best for the RPI crew remaining is handled in the best way possible. If it is true that he insists on playing in the NHL before proceeding he should have thought through the reality of the situation-there is no guarentee he can make the team until he earns it and then continues to earn it each and every night. It doesn't do either party any favors to think otherwise. This will be very interesting to watch as it unfolds through the years but I for one am ready to get back to concentrating on the season ahead for the players who are training and want to be playing for RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I love the guy who said he was playing for an apartment and a car, like RPI is the USC football program or something.

Sorry to hear about this signing RPI fans, but after that World Juniors performance, he had star potential written on his forehead.
            Reminds me of the movie "Blue Chips"... no wonder another poster went on that tirade a couple of months back about who should be playing college hockey.

Comment

Sadly, the other side of the argument is that Harry Zolnierczyk or someone else of that ilk could end the chance of JD'A ever getting paid for playing hockey if he doesn't take the money when he has the chance. JD'A was already a frequent target last season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Troy Record: http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...d692845895.txt
                RIT Tigers
                2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                  Two six point games.... I don't think we ever scored 6 goals in a game this past year. Unless they're counting goals/assists like soccer. Is this just a typo? Am I missing something?

Comment

a recap from the golf outing.

great weather and a great time.

lunch and dinner was good.

the raffle prizes were awesome i won 4 redsox tickets.

All the freshman were in attendance.

Jeff Faas had longest drive.

no pirri or jerry

seth has a great pitching wedge shot from 90 yards on a par 3.

i hope jerry comes back ..... this was our year 2010 ecac champs
                    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Two six point games.... I don't think we ever scored 6 goals in a game this past year. Unless they're counting goals/assists like soccer. Is this just a typo? Am I missing something?
                      That surprised me also.
                      RIT Tigers
                      2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                      2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Early departures suck!

D'Amigo was a treat to watch in the WJC and showed real talent and grit. If the Leafs even consider playing him in the OHL, Jerry should stay at RPI. Actually, I think he should stay at RPI this year PERIOD.

But in the future, could it be Tyler Bozak at Center and D'Amigo on the Wing.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Without a Peer special on Jerry - why his departure makes it an exciting time to be an Engineer fan.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Sadly, the other side of the argument is that Harry Zolnierczyk or someone else of that ilk could end the chance of JD'A ever getting paid for playing hockey if he doesn't take the money when he has the chance. JD'A was already a frequent target last season.
                            Bingo. I left this unsaid at WaP, but this is spot on.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              Without a Peer special on Jerry - why his departure makes it an exciting time to be an Engineer fan.
                              I linked it on Hockey's Future and your list of traffic just filled up.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                Bingo. I left this unsaid at WaP, but this is spot on.
                                I looked it up but I must be dumb...what relationship does JDA have to the "Harry" incident ?

Comment

Working...
                                X