Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack Offseason thread - preseason rank 10th again? I think not

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
    According to simple mathematics that means that a single game ticket would cost $25. I understand that Merrimack needs to pay for the renovations but charging $20 for a season ticket and $25 for a single game ticket is not cool.
    I believe it would be $20.00 at the door and $15.00 for a season ticket holder.

If a season ticket costs $240.00 for 16 games, that would be $15.00 per game ($240/16= $15). If your savings is $80.00, that's a $5.00 savings per game ($80/16= $5 per game).

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Let's give the Merrimack administration a pat on the back for at least getting one thing right... kicking Mike Machnik to the curb.
      I believe Mike Machnik is involved with the program again. He did their radio broadcasts last season.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        I believe Mike Machnik is involved with the program again. He did their radio broadcasts last season.
        Nice math, and yes Mike does call the games on the radio broadcasts
        Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
          Another player I'd like to see more of is Simon Demers...that kid has a canon of a slap shot
          Demers TOI will be an interesting decision this year. If you take a look at the breakdown:

Seniors
          D Adam Ross
          D Fraser Allan

Juniors
          D Karl Stollery
          D Simon Demers

Sophomores
          D Kyle Bigos

Freshman
          D Jordan Heywood
          D Brendan Ellis
          D Tom McCarthy

In my eyes, Ross, Allan, Stollery and Bigos are already ahead of him on the depth chart. His playing time will be dictated by what Heywood, Ellis and McCarthy show in early practices and games. If he can prove himself in practices and game action, he could see an increased role this year, especially in situations that put his shot to good use (i.e. PP).
          "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
          "Why?"
          "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Seeing him on the point on the PP might be an interesting idea

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
              Emotions ran high at the time, but I can't imagine anyone in their right mind still believes it was anything but an accidental hockey play.
              Machnik's broadcast partner got called out calling into WEEI to blast Eaves. He didn't identify himself as a Merrimack AD employee. Someone fially got him to admit he worked with/for the program. He thought Eaves should be prosecuted.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Seeing him on the point on the PP might be an interesting idea
                He has been used there on a limited basis over the past two years, but I still think our top PP pairing would be Stollery/Bigos. What I would love to see is a pairing of Ellis and Demers on the 2nd PP unit. IDK how likely that is, but that would be a deadly combination for any shot blocker...

Case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9I2frkX7l4
                "Why?"

Comment

haha just found this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhemm...eature=related

@SalvucciM

Comment

our home record speaks for its self.
                    Easy there. If you look at their league play at home during the 5 seasons prior to last year, they ring in at 11-45-10.

The 'Mack has one season without a terribly dismal home ice record, and suddenly Lawler has some crazy mystique? Hardly.

They have a few special players, and most of them were underclassmen. Underclassmen tend to feel more confident at home, so they brought their A game while veteran teams looked past a perrenial cellar dweller. I'm not making excuses, or discrediting their accomplishments. Some of those wins were extremely impressive and legit. But let's not jump to the conclusion that the Warriors will enjoy the same home-ice record just because of what they achieved last year.

Don't you think teams will bring their focus when they play them now? It already started to show mid season. After the 6-0 start.... They won 5 of their last 10 home games in regulation. Sure, it was better than past performances, but still, it was nothing most strong programs would write to their families about...
                    Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Ha, I saw that, but I doubt it's him, this kid shoots left, Da Costa shoots right...
                      "Why?"

Comment

Anyone else find this talk about "well other teams are actually going to practice before playing Merrimack this season" a little pretentious?

Teams will certainly have an eye out for the warriors but I think they did last year as well. The buzz around HE about Da Costa and our goaltending tandem was evident amongst fans at every away arena I saw a game. Hockey East is full of some of the premier teams in the country...to think that they didn't prepare extensively for EVERY game whether it be against Merrimack or Boston College I find a little naive.

@SalvucciM

Comment

All teams in Hockey East prepare to within an inch of their lives for every opponent. The scouting reports for Merrimack are just as detailed as the ones for BU, BC, Providence and UMass, etc, etc.

The issue is that most of the time in college hockey, the teams you face in October and November are not the same developmentally as the ones in February and March. The freshmen have a number of games under their belts and have adjusted to the college routine. Plus injuries, scholastic issues and player discipline can reshape rosters in 6 months of competition.

These coaches put a lot of time breaking down game film and scouting into every game, I find it hard to believe that there are any "light" opponents in Hockey East this coming season...
                          "Why?"

Comment

agreed

They prepare 100% hard for eevry game. The schedule is to short to do anything but that. This is not an 82 game nhl or major junior schedule here.

Most of these kids know each other and respect each other. I will though bet that at thye end of the day, if you polled the players and coaches, they would not have Merrimack top 6 in teams they fear.

Comment

Anyone else find this talk about "well other teams are actually going to practice before playing Merrimack this season" a little pretentious?
                              Sure. Although to some extent it's just ingrained in their psyche as the Mack has rarely been competitive to the point of being a top 5 team in the league. Just as I saw people blaming the rink at Lawler for the reason their team would get beat there last year. Hard to digest that they could get beat so convincingly or get beat at all. I'd guess that if the team continues to improve on last year's showing and Cannata is consistent, they'll be in the top 5 pretty easily. With BC and BU in Lawler for two, a sweep of those two would go a long way.

Per Hoky's comments, I agree. But if you asked them which of the top players they fear the most, DaCosta would be top 5 or 10 and teams should have a lot of fear/respect for Barton offensively. Be interesting to see if Collins, Ellis and Heywood step in and contribute right away.

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                                Per Hoky's comments, I agree. But if you asked them which of the top players they fear the most, DaCosta would be top 5 or 10 and teams should have a lot of fear/respect for Barton offensively. Be interesting to see if Collins, Ellis and Heywood step in and contribute right away.
                                Collins, Ellis and Heywood will all have ample opportunities to step in early. I would look specifically to the Niagara and UCONN games as something of an audition for those three. One other player that will be entering as a freshman in 2010-2011 is F Rob Morton. He posted very strong numbers in his junior career (36 goals in 45 games two years ago to lead the EJHL), and if he can chip in on a second or third line, it could go a long way.
                                "Why?"

Comment

Working...
                                X