Merrimack Offseason thread - preseason rank 10th again? I think not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack Offseason thread - preseason rank 10th again? I think not

if you call the row behind you a seatback....

Comment

The seats will be mounted on the bleacher-base. What I'm saying is that they're not going to just be putting a backrest onto the bleachers. My guess is that they'll be of a little better quality than the seats that comprised of the blueline club the past few years.

While pouring concrete would have been the best looking option...I don't dislike the metal...you can make a lot more noise stomping on metal than concrete.
      Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        Was at Merrimack yesterday, it does not look like they are adding these seats but simply putting in new bleachers. Is that correct?
        No that is not correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
          No that is not correct.
          Ok,

What are they doing?

Comment

Ok,

What are they doing?
            v
            v
            v

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
            The seats will be mounted on the bleacher-base. What I'm saying is that they're not going to just be putting a backrest onto the bleachers. My guess is that they'll be of a little better quality than the seats that comprised of the blueline club the past few years.

While pouring concrete would have been the best looking option...I don't dislike the metal...you can make a lot more noise stomping on metal than concrete.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
              v
              v
              v
              haha thank you good sir

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post

Thanks for the clarification!
                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

my pleasure, I was the EIC of Merrimack's newspaper the past 2 years before graduating this past May so I have some limited inside info

@SalvucciM

Comment

http://merrimackathletics.com/sports...2008-09/Lawler

Phase One of construction has begun and will be completed in time for the home-opener on October 16th against UConn on Homecoming weekend. This phase of the construction will include new blue chair back seats on the entire home side of the arena, new bleacher seating behind the goal at the parking lot side of the arena, a direct entrance from the Blue Line Club to the seating area, a new press box on the home side of the arena, movement of the penalty box and scorekeepers box to the home bench side, movement of the graphics portion of the scoreboard to the opposite side, removal of the “tin foil” that was previously on the ceiling, code work which includes sprinklers, wall reinforcements and ADA compliance, and a paved walkway next to the arena from the parking lot that will replace the man-made dirt walkway.

The next phase of the renovations will be completed at the latest in December following the Northeastern game on December 4th and prior to the January 8th game at home against Maine. These renovations include new blue chair back seating on the entire visitor’s side, a walkway underneath the visitor’s side for the visiting team with direct access to the bench, new lighting and an additional heat recovery system.

Comment

I saw it and it is coming out very nice...

The Blue seat backs with the white out will be a pretty cool effect. The student section behind visitors net will be very intimidating to say the least.

I also liked the fact they moved penalty box besides their bench. Less skating and time to adjust.

Comment

INCH's A-Z Feature on Jeff Velleca

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...23/az-velleca/
                        "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                        "Why?"
                        "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Annual Blue vs Gold game scheduled for October 4th at 3pm. Open to the public free of charge.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Nice article about Mark Dennehy and Don Cahoon

http://blog.masslive.com/umass-hocke...extension.html

Comment

The success was in D 2. They joined Hockey East the following year and in over 22 seasons, including last year, have never had a winning season.

I think in fairness though, that if anyone can do it, the current coach and his current team can. Lets hope

Comment

The success was in D 2. They joined Hockey East the following year and in over 22 seasons, including last year, have never had a winning season.

I think in fairness though, that if anyone can do it, the current coach and his current team can. Lets hope
                                The team had a lot of success in D2, you're right. But 1987-1988 was in D1, they went to the NCAA Quarterfinals where they lost to Lake Superior. They also won the ECAC East in 1988-1989 in D1.

The Hockey East high watermark for Merrimack is now 12 wins in conference (16 overall), set this past season. Lets hope they can eclipse that number this season.
                                "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                                "Why?"
                                "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Working...
                                X