Former Geneseo player coaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Geneseo player coaching

Casey Balog has been named graduate assistant coach for the upcoming 2010-11 season. Balog, who joins the American International Yellow Jackets' staff after playing collegiately at SUNY Geneseo, will assist in all facets of the program.

http://www.aicyellowjackets.com/news...804100815.aspx
    Last edited by CornwallAce; 08-05-2010, 07:37 AM. Reason: changed link to work

Re: Former Geneseo player coaching

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
    Casey Balog has been named graduate assistant coach for the upcoming 2010-11 season. Balog, who joins the American International Yellow Jackets' staff after playing collegiately at SUNY Geneseo, will assist in all facets of the program.

And for a working link...

http://www.aicyellowjackets.com/news...x?path=mhockey

Balog served as a volunteer coach with the Livingston County Junior Ice Knights while attending Geneseo, and gained additional coaching experience as a head instructor at Sport International Hockey Academy.

Balog earned his bachelor's in communication from Geneseo in May 2009 and spent this past year working in the private sector. He will begin working towards his MBA at AIC this fall.
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Congrats to him.

When I saw the thread title, I was hoping it was Remy's favorite Geneseo player.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        Congrats to him.

When I saw the thread title, I was hoping it was Remy's favorite Geneseo player.
        The same thought crossed my mind....but reality quickly set it - I'm not sure he's exactly coaching material.
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
          The same thought crossed my mind....but reality quickly set it - I'm not sure he's exactly coaching material.
          Maybe in the WWE......
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            Maybe in the WWE......
            Or as a nightclub chaperone on Jersey Shore.....
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              Maybe in the WWE......
              I could totally picture Princess distracting the ref or handing a steel chair to someone.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post

Major props to Casey. A class act and great guy all the way and there's no doubt he'll be a great coach. Glad to see him sticking with the game behind the bench. He's not the only recent Geneseo grad who is behind the bench, nor should he be the last in my opinion.
                2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
                2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
                2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
                Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Working...
                X