Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Excellent Interview with Don Lucia

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    You couldn't convince the Pope that there is a God.
    Pictures of Parise are freely available on the interwebs. Even Brent knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
      Pictures of Parise are freely available on the interwebs. Even Brent knows that.
      And God Shammgod, too.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
        Guilty as charged. Some of these guys will likely be busts at the college level, but when you recruit guys that are still 15-16 year olds, the chance for failure goes higher. I wish top colleges didn't have to do this, but major junior is there pressing these kids as well, without NCAA restrictions.
        MAkes me long for the days when we all complained that Denvers players were sooo much older. George is great coach and he always seems to put a quality product on the ice

Comment

Maybe even a better commentary defending Lucia. Apologize if it's been posted before. Just didn't want to wade through 3 pages of UND vs. UM crap.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...02_between.php
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

The whole thing was stupid, except that it suddenly became trendy to bash Lucia. And when Minnesota failed to make the NCAAs the two following years, after having been powerhouses for so long, people could go back to those comments by Snow and use them as fuel for their own misguided criticisms.

Comment

I think Adam Wodon has a crush on The Don.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                Go cry about it, you big puh-C. That's what your hero Don Lucia does when things aren't going his way.
                The internet has truly been a blessing to people like cg_siouxfan & Goon. Now they can achieve social interaction from the comfort of their mother’s basement.

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                  Don't really understand what part of that quote deserves a roll of the eyes. I don't have a dog in this fight, but apparently you simply can't take Minnesota getting any attention at all even if the article is based on controversy.

Comment

[QUOTE=MinnesotaNorthStar;4832658]Most Sioux fans are very aware that this could happen to our team. It has in the past and we get enough talent to where it can happen in any offseason. We've been very lucky the past few years in that we've had very few, if any, early departures that we didn't see coming since Day 1.

Minnesota will be back. And when they are you will quickly learn the meaning of the word "arrogance" [/QUOTEYou are right its a cycle all teams seem to go thru it at some time or another I remember the early 90s when UND was struggling and even having trouble selling out the old Ralph. What I dont understand is most of the UND fans saying Lucia was whining in the article and I guess I didnt see that he was pretty matter of fact to me. But like anything its all in interpretation

Comment

• Re: Excellent Interview with Don Lucia

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Don't really understand what part of that quote deserves a roll of the eyes. I don't have a dog in this fight, but apparently you simply can't take Minnesota getting any attention at all even if the article is based on controversy.

None of it does and you are correct he can't handle any kind of Gopher press and he probably had to go curl up in the corner with his thumb in his mouth after reading it.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Turk 77;4832959]
                        Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Most Sioux fans are very aware that this could happen to our team. It has in the past and we get enough talent to where it can happen in any offseason. We've been very lucky the past few years in that we've had very few, if any, early departures that we didn't see coming since Day 1.

Minnesota will be back. And when they are you will quickly learn the meaning of the word "arrogance" [/QUOTEYou are right its a cycle all teams seem to go thru it at some time or another I remember the early 90s when UND was struggling and even having trouble selling out the old Ralph. What I dont understand is most of the UND fans saying Lucia was whining in the article and I guess I didnt see that he was pretty matter of fact to me. But like anything its all in interpretation
                        UND fans used to hammer on Woog incessantly, yet Hakstool has done less, with much more talent, and he is classless. UND fans see what they want to see, no matter what the actual facts are.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

[QUOTE=Happy;4832974]
                          Originally posted by Turk 77 View Post

UND fans used to hammer on Woog incessantly, yet Hakstool has done less, with much more talent, and he is classless. UND fans see what they want to see, no matter what the actual facts are.
                          funny you calling anyone classless

Comment

Why didn't Woden ask Lucia about the "2006 Curse of the Seawolf?" Shoddy journalism.

*****http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1512/1652/1600/8128ec11.jpg******

Comment

[QUOTE=Happy;4832974]
                              Originally posted by Turk 77 View Post

Pot, meet kettle.
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                                Why didn't Woden ask Lucia about the "2006 Curse of the Seawolf?" Shoddy journalism.

*****http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1512/1652/1600/8128ec11.jpg******
                                Probably the same reason you refuse to cover Denver player shenanigans. Much like you don't want to incur the wrath of the Dasher Dancer, Wodon doesn't want The Don to declare a hit on him.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X