Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Excellent Interview with Don Lucia

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    it's a lot easier to do that in the East, where there is only one elite team that first round talent wants to play for, as opposed to the west, where there are many more choices.

Some of you may have missed that fact that more Gophers played in the NHL than any other school, so He knows how to recruit, he just can't keep them away from the cash.
    The talent in the state of Minnesota is the major difference between college hockey today and five years ago. For example, more elite Minnesota kids are getting drafted and more importantly in the first round than any other time in our country. If the state of Minnesota didn't improve like it did we probably wouldn't be having conversations like this one.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Yet it continues. Heisenberg has 8 Denver recruits listed on his 2011 list. Their ages on the date they committed to the Pioneers:

Didier - 17
      D. Mermis - 16
      Doremus - 18
      Van Voorhis - 17
      Allen - 17
      Larraza - 16
      Pham - 15
      Mayfield - 16
      Guilty as charged. Some of these guys will likely be busts at the college level, but when you recruit guys that are still 15-16 year olds, the chance for failure goes higher. I wish top colleges didn't have to do this, but major junior is there pressing these kids as well, without NCAA restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
        As are we Denver fans.

Seriously, though, I think a strong Minnesota program is crucial to the WCHA. It's the media center of the league, a rival to many league schools, has the largest fan base.
        Heck I think Lucia is doing a hell of a great job.
        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
        Eric's Twitter
        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

hey, when Minnesota is in the BTHC, and you are just a mid-major, you can be patient, too.
          OK. I'll bite--it's August.

1) In truth, I would definitely regret a BTHC because it would take Minnesota (and UW) out of UND's conference, and I love watching UMinn play hockey and value the rivalry.

Chokes down bile and puts head between legs until able to continue

But more importantly:

2) I guess losing a lot of hockey games in the BTHC is different somehow from losing a lot of games in the WCHA.

3) If the recent past is any indication, everybody wins if UMinn goes to the BTCH: The quality of play in the WCHA would no doubt improve, and schools like Mich, Mich St., and Ohio State get a new team to occupy the 4-7slot in their conference. Indiana might even get a chance to win a few.

But before I contribute even more to derailing this thread: Good thread, Puck S. Hearing what Lucia has to say on this topic is a good thing, in light of all the recent speculation and bashing and what UMinn and other schools have been going through. He's obviously a class act in important ways and has his players' best interests in mind.
          Last edited by burd; 08-03-2010, 05:13 PM.

Comment

hey, when Minnesota is in the BTHC, and you are just a mid-major, you can be patient, too.
            Yep, we will be a mid major that is still kicking the gophers ***... I can live with that.
            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
            Eric's Twitter
            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
              Simpletons like your self seem to be produced in mass numbers in the Grand Forks area. Laugh it up dirty UND. What goes around comes around. Anyone who thinks their program is immune to the types of struggles the Gophers have experienced in recent years is out of touch with what is going on in college hockey.

While I am by no means a Gopher fan, I am a college hockey fan. A strong Gopher program is good for college hockey and the WCHA.
              I am quickly loosing patience with the arrogance of many UND fans. News flash for you….you live in the ***** crack of America. Get over yourselves and try to act civilized when you follow your team.

I have met decent fans from UND. But I wish that was a more frequent experience.
              Most Sioux fans are very aware that this could happen to our team. It has in the past and we get enough talent to where it can happen in any offseason. We've been very lucky the past few years in that we've had very few, if any, early departures that we didn't see coming since Day 1.

Minnesota will be back. And when they are you will quickly learn the meaning of the word "arrogance"
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                Most Sioux fans are very aware that this could happen to our team.
                No, it can't. WE ARE INVINCIBLE!!!
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                  Simpletons like your self seem to be produced in mass numbers in the Grand Forks area. Laugh it up dirty UND. What goes around comes around. Anyone who thinks their program is immune to the types of struggles the Gophers have experienced in recent years is out of touch with what is going on in college hockey.

While I am by no means a Gopher fan, I am a college hockey fan. A strong Gopher program is good for college hockey and the WCHA.
                  I am quickly loosing patience with the arrogance of many UND fans. News flash for you….you live in the ***** crack of America. Get over yourselves and try to act civilized when you follow your team.

I have met decent fans from UND. But I wish that was a more frequent experience.
                  Go cry about it, you big puh-C. That's what your hero Don Lucia does when things aren't going his way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    No, it can't. WE ARE INVINCIBLE!!!
                    *****http://www.arcanegazebo.net/images/boris.jpg******
                    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                      Yep, we will be a mid major that is still kicking the gophers ***... I can live with that.
                      No, we don't play teams with racist mascots.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                        Go cry about it, you big puh-C. That's what your hero Don Lucia does when things aren't going his way.
                        While other coaches are complete class acts and only give the finger to the game officials.

You make siouxinminny look smart.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          You make siouxinminny look smart.
                          You make John Hill look smart.
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

You make John Hill look smart.
                            Well sure. I don't know if I could convince the greatest college hockey team of all time pay me to be incompetent.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Well sure. I don't know if I could convince the greatest college hockey team of all time pay me to be incompetent.
                              You couldn't convince the Pope that there is a God.
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

You couldn't convince the Pope that there is a God.
                                How I love the under-estimating skills of UND fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X