No announcement yet.

Boston College Offseason (Continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Offseason (Continued)

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post

NU will finish better than BC and they will go on to lose to Brown in St. Paul next April. May as well go for the entire pipedream.
    Enourmous turnover at BC next year and NU is bringing in some talent, including the biggest D in league. You never know

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      Enourmous turnover at BC next year and NU is bringing in some talent, including the biggest D in league. You never know
      Thats true, we will probably lose a lot of talent, but we should reload with some skilled recruits. Either way, I think I think its basically impossible to predict what will happen in two years. we barely know the crazy stuff that will happen this year. who knows all of the unexpected things that could happen. some kid who is looking at less playing time at NU due to Cody's arrival might transfer to BC

Comment

obviously the last part was not serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          He will mature under Cronin
          Do you mean physically or mentally? Physically he will, but mentally Cronin is the worst coach to deal with a headcase like little Cody. Cronin is a hot-head and won't teach the kid how to deal with his emotions like York would have.

I will tell you this, Ferriero would have a much better shot at professional success studying under York than Cronin. The kid made an immature and career changing mistake. How many NHL kids has Cronin had vs. York?

York has the elite studs (Kreider, Kobasew, Schneider), etc but also has helped put raw kids like Ryan Shannon and Peter Harrold into the NHL.

Finally, NU will NOT be better than BC in two years (I assume by 'next year' you mean 2011-2012). You're crazy if you think so, even with the anticipated defections next summer.

Comment

York is a 2010 Lester Patrick Award winner (along with Cam Neely, AHL President David Andrews and that guy down the street).

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Blog post with galleries of just York (and yes, I even have netcam pics!), just Parker and then one of pics of the two of them together. - http://bit.ly/lpjyjp

HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Article on new Vernon Vipers and former BC D Malcolm Lyles and former Notre Dame forward (and younger brother of BC's Justin & Ryan) - http://bit.ly/vvlyles

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                  Article on new Vernon Vipers and former BC D Malcolm Lyles and former Notre Dame forward (and younger brother of BC's Justin & Ryan) - http://bit.ly/vvlyles
                  Good find. Agree with their assessment on Lyles. Tools to work with, but needs polish. Hope he gets that ice time and wish him nothing but the best.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Good find. Agree with their assessment on Lyles. Tools to work with, but needs polish. Hope he gets that ice time and wish him nothing but the best.
                    Lyles was a great kid. I has a class with him last semester. I agree, I wish him nothing but the best.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

off topic but i was at the football home opener......3 tickets $30 total for upper end zone which are better than lower end zone ($20), that's a pittance for a great afternoon at the Heights and to see Mark Herzlich lead the team on the field? yup, priceless! GO MARK!

Comment

We need to ditch Shinskie fast.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          We need to ditch Shinskie fast.
                          Either that or paint the field blue and start playing cupcakes.
                          Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                            Either that or paint the field blue and start playing cupcakes.
                            review who bc plays out of conference and who boise plays out of conference then reconsider that post

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                              review who bc plays out of conference and who boise plays out of conference then reconsider that post
                              BC's cupcakes this year:
                              Weber
                              Kent
                              (3rd NC opponent: Notre Dame)

Boise State's cupcakes this year:
                              Wyoming
                              New Mexico State
                              Toledo
                              San Jose State
                              Louisiana Tech
                              Hawai'i
                              Idaho
                              Fresno State
                              Nevada
                              Utah State

Boise plays good teams out of conference because if they didn't, they wouldn't play any good teams at all.
                              Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                                Boise plays good teams out of conference because if they didn't, they wouldn't play any good teams at all.
                                exactly, whenever possible they play good teams (and usually win) you can only fault them for being in a bad conference once they start turning down bids to join the Pac(insert two digit number here), until then stop whining

Comment

Working...
                                X