No announcement yet.

Boston College Offseason (Continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Offseason (Continued)

Does anyone know what other schools Teddy Doherty, BC's new commitment, was recruited by?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      interesting. kind of looks like BC made that sign.
      thought the same thing......

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
        interesting. kind of looks like BC made that sign.
        it's a nice sign. (of course now i'm forced to avoid the pike west and stick to back roads with lights. )
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Most important thing to me is that now we can finally read it without going 10mph in the right lane. 2 years ago the font was way too tiny.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            it's a nice sign. (of course now i'm forced to avoid the pike west and stick to back roads with lights. )
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Most important thing to me is that now we can finally read it without going 10mph in the right lane. 2 years ago the font was way too tiny.
              This sign is much better than the last 2. I can't wait to see what next year's sign look like!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                I don't really need to read it. I've pretty much got it memorized.
                sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  turnabout is fair play

Comment

I don't know about anyone else but has anyone really taken a look at the players who have committed to BC in the past year. Its a pretty ridiculous group.

Steve Santini is being talked about as the best 95 in the country
                    -concern he'll jump to OHL
                    Scott Savage is one of 3 early invites to next years U17 USNTDP
                    Brandon Shea: top 20 95's in the country
                    Ted Doherty: U17 5 nations tournament and Shattucks product
                    Ryan Fitz: u17 5 nations tournament and great bloodline
                    Vatrano: U17 USNTDP
                    Silk: U17 USNTDP but injured hopefully will fully recover
                    Cangelosi: dominant for Mt Hermon only knock is his 5'6" size but perfect for BC and still time to grow

looks like they are pretty much getting whoever they want.

Here's a link to Heisenberg if you want to take a look at all the recruits, I know it can be hard to find.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...LdlBOaHc&gid=0

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                      I don't know about anyone else but has anyone really taken a look at the players who have committed to BC in the past year. Its a pretty ridiculous group.

Scott Savage is one of 3 early invites to next years U17 USNTDP
                      Brandon Shea: top 20 95's in the country
                      Ted Doherty: U17 5 nations tournament and Shattucks product
                      Ryan Fitz: u17 5 nations tournament and great bloodline
                      Vatrano: U17 USNTDP
                      Silk: U17 USNTDP but injured hopefully will fully recover
                      Cangelosi: dominant for Mt Hermon only knock is his 5'6" size but perfect for BC and still time to grow

looks like they are pretty much getting whoever they want.

Here's a link to Heisenberg if you want to take a look at all the recruits, I know it can be hard to find.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...LdlBOaHc&gid=0
                      Funny what having the best coach in the country and competing for national titles every year will do for you.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

GJD66 emailed me a link to the BC bookstore, looks like Under Armour didn't muck with the uniform design at all.

http://www.bkstr.com/ProductDisplay/...46-1?demoKey=d
                        Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                          GJD66 emailed me a link to the BC bookstore, looks like Under Armour didn't muck with the uniform design at all.

http://www.bkstr.com/ProductDisplay/...46-1?demoKey=d
                          That's too bad. I was hoping for something different that what we have. (Eagle on front, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                            It's ridiculous that kids are committing for 2014.
                            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I had a strong feeling UA wasn't going to do anything new just yet. Especially considering they didn't change up the football uniforms at all (this year... look for gold jersey/gold pants to be added to the combinations for FB next year creating a slew of new permutations in an Oregon-stupid kind of way).

Maybe next year we'll see something new for hockey as well.

Right now it looks like they just slapped their logo on jerseys likely even manufactured by someone else (nike?). Of course, what the team gets could be entirely different and just might be a high performance type of jersey.

They definitely need a freakin 3rd jersey going back to the mid 90s home jersey with the Eagle on the front. Put it in as a special jersey for the NCAAs only or something to give the team a small incentive to open them up out of the closet.
                              Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 08-31-2010, 02:19 PM.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                                It's ridiculous that kids are committing for 2014.
                                Agreed. This is simply college coaches being reactive to the tug from Major Junior. It's a short term remedy which will cause longer term issues.

I'd like to see a guy like Jerry York (who frankly, has the recruiting werwithal and the program not to have to go down this path) to lead as opposed to follow. I'd like him to come out and say BC is not going to recruit 14-15 year olds because we don't believe in that practice....

Comment

Working...
                                X