The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Dang Yager, that was quick. Just heard the news myself.

Scott in CHI, Cs with AHL Pens, now Sutton with Anahack. Meh. Good for them I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA DI Manual 17.1.7(g)
      Foreign Tours. Participation by a member institution on a certified foreign tour (see Bylaw 17.32) need not
      be included within the institution’s declared playing-season limitation in the sport.
      Originally posted by NCAA DI Manual 17.2.5.4
      Once-in-Four-Years Exemption—Foreign Tour. The dates of competition on a foreign tour
      shall be excluded from the maximum number of dates of competition, provided the tour occurs only once in
      a four-year period and is conducted by the member institution in accordance with the procedures set forth
      in Bylaw 30.7 (see Bylaw 17.32).
      Originally posted by NCAA DI Manual 17.2.6.1
      Summer Practice. Practice that is organized or financially supported by a member institution
      shall be prohibited during the summer unless specifically authorized in the bylaws (e.g., foreign tour) or
      through official interpretations approved by the Management Council. An institution may pay fees associated
      with the use of institutional practice and competition facilities by student-athletes engaged in voluntary
      athletically related activities in their sport. (Adopted: 1/9/96 effective 8/1/96, Revised: 4/28/05)
      Originally posted by NCAA DI Manual 30.7.7
      Practice Limitation. Not more than 10 days of practice are permitted prior to departure.
      Originally posted by NCAA DI Manual 30.7.8
      Timing of Tour. A tour may only be scheduled during the summer-vacation period between the institution’s
      spring and fall terms or during any other vacation period published in the institution’s official catalog.
      All travel to and from the foreign country must take place during such a vacation period.
      that should cover your questions
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The word out of the paint store is that work has started on converting the rogue office in the suites to another skybox.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          that should cover your questions
          Where the hell are you getting those? I asked for a copy of the ncaa rule book and they wouldn't give it to me. You should email it to me if you've got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
            Where the hell are you getting those? I asked for a copy of the ncaa rule book and they wouldn't give it to me. You should email it to me if you've got it.
            The internet is your friend.
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
              Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
              I actually got it out of here:
              click here
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                I actually got it out of here:
                click here
                He was asking for the rule book though.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                  He was asking for the rule book though.
                  true...

Comment

Positional Breakdown, feel free to arrange them into a depth chart.

Centers
                    Ryan Furne
                    Milos Gordic
                    Daniel Holmberg
                    Eric Kattelus
                    Brett Olson

Wings
                    Jordan Baker
                    Tyler Gubb
                    Blake Hietila
                    Jacob Johnstone
                    Mikael Lickteig
                    Alex MacLeod
                    Patrick McCadden
                    Aaron Pietila
                    Bryce Reddick
                    Dennis Rix
                    Bennett Royer
                    Anthony Schooley
                    Evan Witt

Defensemen
                    Tommy Brown
                    Deron Cousens
                    Ricky Dorriott
                    Pete Heinonen
                    Carl Nielsen
                    Steven Seigo
                    Daniel Sova
                    Brad Stebner

Goalies
                    Corson Cramer
                    Kevin Genoe
                    Josh Robinson

Comment

Just a reminder there will be an Alumni Hockey Game this saturday at 6 p.m. in the SDC. Members of the 62, 56, and 75 championships should be present.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        Yeah, we've decided to just start cheating now. We figure the NC$$ will just say "Oh, it's Tech, what harm could it possibly do?"

Look at it this way: 5 games in 6 days. That much easier for our top scoring lines and promising freshmen to get dinged with season-ending injuries
                        Tech has SCORING LINES????
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Like I said before, I'm not expecting to beat a bunch of pro teams, but given that they are exhibitions and we are considered an amateur opponent (insert joke here), I somehow doubt these teams are going to be preparing and playing like it's a league championship game. Particularly once they've scored a few.

Also, I expect us to get raped by the refs. This is Euro hockey, so the officiating is probably going to make Brian Thul look like he lets the guys play.
                          I think the Euros need to not be such huge *******.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            Tech has SCORING LINES????
                            of course we do. they just dont actually, um, score.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Those **** candyass Euros are taking jobs away from good Canadian boys!!!!!!!!

Just for you, BPH
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Interesting breakdown of last year's forwards:
                                Code:
                                L	C	R	Pos	
                                1	31	0	C	Brett Olson
                                1	22	0	C	Eric Kattelus
                                2	15	14	C/RW	Alex MacLeod
                                0	30	1	C	Evan Witt
                                29	2	1	LW	Jordan Baker
                                19	7	0	LW/C	Bennett Royer
                                19	10	0	LW/C	Aaron Pietila
                                12	0	15	W	Anthony Schooley
                                8	0	15	W	Mikael Lickteig
                                0	0	8	RW	Milos Gordic
                                8	0	4	W	Bryce Reddick

Comment

Working...
                                X