Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5009

Tech returned home from its trip with a 2-3 record. But this trip wasn't about wins and losses, it was more about trying out some new things the coaches have installed.

"Damon (assistant coach Whitten) came in and brought in some new ideas," Russell said. "We altered our "D" zone coverage, our forecheck, we changed our backcheck, and worked on cycling and blind rushes.

"The systems really took root when the players saw that they worked. They've (the players) bought in completely to the new systems we've implemented."

Several players excelled in the new systems. One of those who really caught the coaches' eyes was redshirt freshman forward Milos Gordic.

Gordic, who got off to a good start last season, played in only eight games before having to sit out the rest of the year with an injury. His return gives Tech another goal-scoring threat.

Another player who lost a year to injury, redshirt sophomore Michael Lickteig, also had a good trip.

If he continues to play like he did in Europe, Lickteig will be in the lineup a lot more this season.

"Some guys played themselves up and some guys played themselves down," Russell said.
    Did anyone else think that Jordan Baker had a surprisingly quiet trip?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5009

Did anyone else think that Jordan Baker had a surprisingly quiet trip?
      Wasn't he not playing? I heard him doing play by play...
      Confirmed by Flashy: he wasn't playing--he's still recovering from shoulder surgery, but did go along on the trip with the team.
      Always a Wildcat...
      Originally posted by Kepler
      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
        Confirmed by Flashy: he wasn't playing--he's still recovering from shoulder surgery, but did go along on the trip with the team.
        Kind of ironic considering his dad was one of the major contributors to financing the trip

Comment

Gotcha. I figured it was something like that, because in the broadcasts I listened to, Dirk never mentioned his name. So I understand why now, and I hope he's ready to go in five weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Gotcha. I figured it was something like that, because in the broadcasts I listened to, Dirk never mentioned his name. So I understand why now, and I hope he's ready to go in five weeks.
            In the games that you listened to must not have had Baker doing color commentary.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF CLASSES

and a bump from the second page.

Comment

*****http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs369.snc4/45262_1426393457421_1160325625_31014425_5273770_n. jpg******

Comment

Just had to come in and say....

HELLO!!!
                  Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                  http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                  Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                  Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                  Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                  All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
                    Just had to come in and say....

HELLO!!!
                    Meow.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                      And in her defense, Mitch is a creeper.
                      Ohhh touche, this was my 2,000th post. Interesting.

Comment

good time at the Blue Line picnic yesterday. well attended. good food. good weather. met our new assistant coach (did I mention he is a SPARTAN!!)
                        'diva was a no show - I don't think Flashy has totally lured her away from the dark side! (yet)
                        hockey is so close! my Boosh Factor is out of wack.

did anyone ever do a newbie guide for Tech?
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          You should see a gynecologist for that.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                            Meow.
                            Hey meow, don't you be doing that meow.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              good time at the Blue Line picnic yesterday. well attended. good food. good weather. met our new assistant coach (did I mention he is a SPARTAN!!)
                              'diva was a no show - I don't think Flashy has totally lured her away from the dark side! (yet)

did anyone ever do a newbie guide for Tech?
                              Some say lure, I say "drag kicking and screaming"...
                              Always a Wildcat...
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Some say lure, I say "drag kicking and screaming"...
                                so you don't like being around all those hot men!?
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X