Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    In other news (which I already shared with yager and ctf)...EDIT: Check this out:*****http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8388/jeterkivistoh.jpg******
    Probably one of the best posts I've ever seen, that's hilarious.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
      Who's bringing the keg?
      Your mom.
      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

In unfortunate alumni news, the "new" IHL announced back in July that it would merge with the Central Hockey League. The owners of the Perani Events Center in Flint decided to effectively kill off the Generals by granting a new lease to the recently relocated NAHL Marquette Rangers (who are to be renamed the Michigan Warriors). Having no place to play, the Generals folded. It appears that the arena brass in Port Huron followed suit, and will be awarded an NAHL expansion team to replace the Icehawks.

So, this means both Pete Rouleau and Rob Nolan are out of a job, unless a CHL team is interested in either one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          In unfortunate alumni news, the "new" IHL announced back in July that it would merge with the Central Hockey League. The owners of the Perani Events Center in Flint decided to effectively kill off the Generals by granting a new lease to the recently relocated NAHL Marquette Rangers (who are to be renamed the Michigan Warriors). Having no place to play, the Generals folded. It appears that the arena brass in Port Huron followed suit, and will be awarded an NAHL expansion team to replace the Icehawks.

So, this means both Pete Rouleau and Rob Nolan are out of a job, unless a CHL team is interested in either one of them.
          Will they go professional in something other than sports?
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Will they go professional in something other than sports?
            I guess we'll figure it out by the end of next month, whether they're on a roster somewhere or not.

Comment

You need to check your facts on the Flint Generals. They did not even have an ownership group in place, until the last second, and even then it wasn't complete. The team and league had a deadline from the arena to complete all the necessary steps and they failed to get it done. When the IHL didn't get it done, only then was the lease granted to the Michigan Warrior, who would likely have ended up in Port Huron had they not gotten the lease at Perani. The same thing almost happened last year as well, except the arena didn't have a back up plan available when the Generals didn't even have a working phone line in July. The departure of the IceHawks was also not an arena issue. The team owner bailed out. Nolan has drawn alot of interest, turning down an offer from Fort Wayne
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Thanks for setting the record straight. I only posted that hurriedly, after reading some article that the IHL had been folded into the CHL, the Generals weren't making the move, and the Warriors had been granted the new lease.

I figured Nolan would draw some interest after that rookie season and playoffs push.

Comment

I believe Rouleau is done professionally and will be taking a job I believe at Finlandia.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

"Fan completes walk from Munising to Allen Park to inspire Lions"

http://detnews.com/article/20100825/...50438/-1/rss29

This story has inspired me, Tech doesn't need Suomi, they need that other Finnish word, Sisu! I am leaving my house (located at the FAR west side of downtown, near the Yooper loop) and will journey all the way to our training facility at Michigan Tech's John J. MacInnes Student Ice Arena. I will see you all in 18 days! Go Huskies!

Comment

"Fan completes walk from Munising to Allen Park to inspire Lions"

http://detnews.com/article/20100825/...50438/-1/rss29

This story has inspired me, Tech doesn't need Suomi, they need that other Finnish word, Sisu! I am leaving my house (located at the FAR west side of downtown, near the Yooper loop) and will journey all the way to our training facility at Michigan Tech's John J. MacInnes Student Ice Arena. I will see you all in 18 days! Go Huskies!
                      I know that Yooper Loop is bad in all, but will it really take you 18 days to figure it out???
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        I know that Yooper Loop is bad in all, but will it really take you 18 days to figure it out???
                        It is actually just a very slow bar and frat crawl.

Comment

It is actually just a very slow bar and frat crawl.
                          Good plan!
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

built in overnights. just in case ... it snows.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Tech is being listed as having a new recruit. Andrew Kolb. He played for Marquee NAHL and will be playing for Muskegon of the USHL.

Also, the freshman have been added to the roster. What a large class.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                                Tech is being listed as having a new recruit. Andrew Kolb. He played for Marquee NAHL and will be playing for Muskegon of the USHL.

Also, the freshman have been added to the roster. What a large class.
                                Toledo, Ohio! Really?

54-24-41-65 last year in Marquette
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X