Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    I would also think you'd need to invest more into female recruitment at the University...
    We just added womens soccer. How much more can we do? If we add any more women to campus Title IX will require us to have two mens hockey teams, diluting the talet pool even farther...

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      We just added womens soccer. How much more can we do? If we add any more women to campus Title IX will require us to have two mens hockey teams, diluting the talet pool even farther...

Ryan J
      I didn't mean female sports recruitment, I meant general female recruitment.

Tech is 77% male, 23% female. More than 3 to 1, which is is not a good thing, IMHO.
      http://www.michigancollegeguide.com/...=VB09ZCRD7MiPw

And the women who are there are complaining...
      http://www.admin.mtu.edu/ncbi/women.php

Comment

I didn't mean female sports recruitment, I meant general female recruitment.

Tech is 77% male, 23% female. More than 3 to 1, which is is not a good thing, IMHO.
        http://www.michigancollegeguide.com/...=VB09ZCRD7MiPw

And the women who are there are complaining...
        http://www.admin.mtu.edu/ncbi/women.php
        Better than 10 or 20 to 1, as it has been in the past.

Tech's fundamental problem is how to recruit more women into the sciences and engineering fields (a set of fields which have only recently been truly open to females). MTU has spent the last decade at least attempting to combat the fallacy that women are no good at science and math, both on campus and in high schools around the state - it's been paying off, but it's still slow.
        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

I didn't get the impression from the women at MTU that they were unhappy about the way they are treated there. In fact, I have a feeling that most that I know have no regrets about going to school up there and that they had a great college experience in Houghton.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
            Better than 10 or 20 to 1, as it has been in the past.

Tech's fundamental problem is how to recruit more women into the sciences and engineering fields (a set of fields which have only recently been truly open to females). MTU has spent the last decade at least attempting to combat the fallacy that women are no good at science and math, both on campus and in high schools around the state - it's been paying off, but it's still slow.
            I know the school is trying very hard to rectify the imbalance, but the M/F ratio has been about 3-1 for 30 years now. Seems that other Tech schools have done a better job lowering the ratio - RPI is 70-30 now, and MIT is 65-35...

Comment

I know the school is trying very hard to rectify the imbalance, but the M/F ratio has been about 3-1 for 30 years now. Seems that other Tech schools have done a better job lowering the ratio - RPI is 70-30 now, and MIT is 65-35...
              uhm ok... 75-25 isn't that much worse that 70-30 or 65-35. As for that link about what tech women want, that seems like a bunch liberal bullsh1t if you ask me.

EDIT: Just a bunch of whining about stupid issues that most of us in college learned to deal with of either gender.
              Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 08-23-2010, 03:23 PM.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I especially like the comment about not having bathrooms on every floor...yeah, I think that was probably the MEEM, and guess what, there aren't men's bathrooms on every floor there either!
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I especially like the comment about not having bathrooms on every floor...yeah, I think that was probably the MEEM, and guess what, there aren't men's bathrooms on every floor there either!
                  yeah I saw that one and laughed...always seemed like my classes were on the floor with the women's bathroom. Suck it up candy ***
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

In other news (which I already shared with yager and ctf)...EDIT: Check this out:*****http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8388/jeterkivistoh.jpg******
                    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 08-23-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

any truth to the rumor Mitch gets to skate again this season?
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

In Mitch's defense, who doesn't want to sleep with Kali?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          In Mitch's defense, who doesn't want to sleep with Kali?
                          Geoff Kinrade and Robby Nolan
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

And in her defense, Mitch is a creeper.

Comment

From the Blue Line Club

Tuesday, August 31, 5:30 pm, Houghton Waterfront Pavilion - "Meet the Players Picnic"

The Michigan Tech Blue Line Club will host a start-of-the-season picnic at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 31, at the pavilion at Kestner Waterfront Park in Houghton. Meet the incoming freshman hockey players, the new assistant coach, reconnect with those returning, and catch up with the coaching staff about the coming season.

The event is open to the public. Cost is $5 and includes hot dogs, hamburgers and soft drinks provided by the Club. A dish to pass would be welcome.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                From the Blue Line Club

Tuesday, August 31, 5:30 pm, Houghton Waterfront Pavilion - "Meet the Players Picnic"

The Michigan Tech Blue Line Club will host a start-of-the-season picnic at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 31, at the pavilion at Kestner Waterfront Park in Houghton. Meet the incoming freshman hockey players, the new assistant coach, reconnect with those returning, and catch up with the coaching staff about the coming season.

The event is open to the public. Cost is $5 and includes hot dogs, hamburgers and soft drinks provided by the Club. A dish to pass would be welcome.
                                Who's bringing the keg?

Comment

Working...
                                X