Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Notice that Tech recruited in the last three years, two blue chip guys who jumped ship before the season started. So Tech is not seen, at least by the professional scouts, as a place they can park a draft pick and have his hockey continue to improve. Although that might still be an error on their part. However the perception has to change.
    Well, that may or may not have been the case with Hauswirth, depending on what the Captials told him. However, we lost Zabotel because it turned out that he didn't have enough of a foundational education to pass the ACT and satisfy the NCAA clearinghouse.

As for recruiting, no one is a better salesman of MTU and Houghton than Russell, but it's still a hard sell. Especially the last couple years, with this 11-55-8 record we've posted, and the rash of injuries we've had. If I'm the parent of a recruit, I'd be wary about my son committing to a program where they've had an injury plague that they haven't been able to pinpoint or solve for two seasons.

Comment

I'm still encouraged for this year.

From the trip it looks like Tech is adjusting their systems somewhat, is capable of playing a tough physical game and WILL show finally the ability to score much more often than in past seasons.
      They have a sniper in Brett Olson that everyone in the WCHA is going to have to key on. That should open up some opportunities for the rest of the team.

Lines combos still look interesting with more of the experienced guys in.
      It sounded like MaCleod is in shape and Lickteig has taken a step up.

Royer Olson Gordic
      Baker Furne MaCleod
      Pietila Holmberg Rix
      Lickteig Kattelus Schooley

Reddick Witt
      Gubb Johnstone McCadden
      Hietala

Cousens Seigo
      Doriott Nielsen
      Stebner Sova

Brown Heinonen

Comment

I think:

Royer-Olson-Gordic
        Baker-Kattelus-Furne

are our Top 6 to begin the season. If Kattelus is coasting and/or isn't producing within the first few weekends, I would demote him to the third line and make him earn his way back up. I was worried about who would play on Olson's right wing, but I think we found our guy for the time being. Gordic was the pleasant surprise of the Eurotrip, and lets us put a bigger player with some apparent skill on the top line.

Comment

the word from the streets is that the MacInnes ice has a severe freon leak that has been temporarily patched up until the season is over, at which point everything has to be ripped up and redone to fix it, which would cost over .5 million. Anyone heard anything similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
            the word from the streets is that the MacInnes ice has a severe freon leak that has been temporarily patched up until the season is over, at which point everything has to be ripped up and redone to fix it, which would cost over .5 million. Anyone heard anything similar?
            This has all the makings of an epic, mid-season failure.

Who's ready to play our home games in a swamp this year?!

Comment

I've heard there's a freon leak. Also the word out of the paint store is the J on Jim's Foodmart is back after the owner bought a new one for $350. Of course just afterwards two girls show up with the old one.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1QCBF3h_tM?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1QCBF3h_tM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Can this team buy a break?
                Last edited by Twitch Boy; 08-21-2010, 05:52 PM.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  This has all the makings of an epic, mid-season failure.

Who's ready to play our home games in a swamp this year?!
                  Or we'd go old school and play at the Dee.

Comment

Or we'd go old school and play at the Dee.
                    that would be cool!

can I bring a dead fish?
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      can I bring a dead fish?
                      Can we still throw rotten eggs at the opposing bench?

Comment

Can we still throw rotten eggs at the opposing bench?
                        What in the hell... Is this the mid 1900's or the middle ages?

Comment

What in the hell... Is this the mid 1900's or the middle ages?
                          A while back, someone (can't remember who) posted an article from a mid-to-late 60s newsmagazine about the team and the fan culture at the Dee. It was a lot of fun to read.

Comment

A while back, someone (can't remember who) posted an article from a mid-to-late 60s newsmagazine about the team and the fan culture at the Dee. It was a lot of fun to read.
                            I have it saved somewhere. If I ever get internet again I might be able to post it.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Tech games at the Dee would be fun as long as they still held up to the BYOB rule

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                                Tech games at the Dee would be fun as long as they still held up to the BYOB rule
                                What about "bring your own change to chuck at the other players and refs"?
                                Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                                I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                                Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Working...
                                X