The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Sifting through the (poorly translated) German commentary, I was also under the impression that Cramer looked a lot more like a third-stringer on the third and fourth Augsburger goals. For instance, on the game-winning goal they seemed to indicate that he pulled a Turco and slid into the net with the puck under his pads. What was Dirk saying on the radio?

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
      http://www.wir-sind-kaufbeuren.de/cm...cat=200&lang=1

Wow, if you go down to the bottom you can see what I believe is the all tournament team (or just each team's MVP). John Kevisto (Kivisto) made it.
      From what they said on the radio, he was the entire tournament MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
        From what they said on the radio, he was the entire tournament MVP.
        Consolation prize!! WOOHOO!

Comment

*****http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics31/400/CP/CPHXSKFHICBTKOG.20100815232153.jpg******

Wait... huh? A cup?

Comment

I bet it's a participation trophy.

More importantly, Kivisto's MVP thingy appears to be a bottle of liquor?

Comment

Holy sh^t. Does Tech even remember what one of those is?
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Holy sh^t. Does Tech even remember what one of those is?
                Lest ye forget the Huskies' triumphant victory of the MacInnes Cup last year...
                Originally posted by Jon
                You call everything.

Comment

We do win the Ramada Cup every now and then. It is just odd that when we win it, the Cup isn't being presented. Odd...

Comment

its a very small cup ...
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      its a very small cup ...
                      That's what she said?
                      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

New blog post. So it turns out that the bottle in Kivisto's hands is, in fact, a bottle of beer awarded to the Tourney MVP. The trophy, was the third place trophy.

Comment

Haha, awesome, a third place cup in a 4 team tournament. I wonder if they gave the fourth place team one, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                            Haha, awesome, a third place cup in a 4 team tournament. I wonder if they gave the fourth place team one, too.
                            Considering the teams above Tech were both first division European pro teams and the one team below Tech was a second division pro team, I think MTU did very well. I doubt any other college team would have finished higher than third in this grouping.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                              Considering the teams above Tech were both first division European pro teams and the one team below Tech was a second division pro team, I think MTU did very well. I doubt any other college team would have finished higher than third in this grouping.
                              All things taken into account, I think we played pretty well. However, also considering that Kaufbeuren did defeat Linz in a shootout on Sunday, I think a team with better scoring depth (such as North Dakota) could've finished second.

As for the players who will still be with us in October, I have little doubt that some of them will eventually be battling for the ice time that they're simply being given on this trip.

Comment

Augsburger is a DEL team from Germany, a league roughly that probably would be slightly below the AHL. Linz is from the Austrian League, which I would put on par with the ECHL. Kaufbeuren is a 2nd Bundesliga team from Germany, which is also approximately ECHL calibre.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X