Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    So Jealous...... GVSU is up at MTU that weekend, and well, while I am kind of a big deal, in my heart of hearts, I know all of the Senanican Makers of MTU are going to be in Madison. Can't say I blame 'em either, as that Madison's Halloween party is pretty epic.

Crap, who from the Pep Band am I going to bribe to harrass Cowboy Eric this year???
    You won't even have me as a back up plan--tentative plan is for me to come back to Marquette for the NMU-tOSU series and other Halloween weekend SENANICANS in this area.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Preseason Starts today!
      *****http://www.wir-sind-kaufbeuren.de/cms/upload/Veranstaltung_2010/Jokercup/Veranstalung_1_Banner/banner_541x240.jpg******
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

I think this is pretty close to what the athletic department is looking to put in the MacInnes.
        *****http://www.daktronics.com/SiteCollectionImages/Concept%20PCC%20Centerhung%20Display%20(4).jpg******
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

We're going to get pounded by a bunch of europeans.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            I think this is pretty close to what the athletic department is looking to put in the MacInnes.
            *****http://www.daktronics.com/SiteCollectionImages/Concept%20PCC%20Centerhung%20Display%20(4).jpg******
            Sweet! That video board Peoria currently has sucks. When is that going to be installed?

And... why is Peoria wearing their road jerseys for a home game?
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Maybe we will come back from Europe with some sort of a Cup.

These guys maybe playing the " A Teams".

http://www.wir-sind-kaufbeuren.de/cm...cat=197&lang=1

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                Maybe we will come back from Europe with some sort of a Cup.
                We may be playing for some sort of cup, but I really doubt we're coming home with it.

Comment

Wonder if anyone will go to the body painting this evening

Comment

Well, the game against Kaufbeuren should be underway over there.

And I don't mind that videoboard concept, Flashy.

Comment

Amazingly, Tech is winning 3-0 with about 7 minutes left to play.

http://www.ilumy.de/liveticker/
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post

They think they're playing Michgan, they're intimidated by the 9 national championships from the 1940's.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post

Wait...winning? What's that?

Looks like it was 3-0 final. I can't read much German, but also looks like Robinson got the start in goal.

Comment

Tech wins 3-0.

Kaufenbueren is a second division German Pro team, and it's great to beat them on their home ice.

Well done.
                            Last edited by Puck Swami; 08-13-2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              We're going to get pounded by a bunch of europeans.
                              We'll see. MTU just beat a German second division pro team on its home ice, 3-0. The other teams in this first tourney in Kaufenburen are at a higher level than the home team. Augsberg Panthers are a german team from the top German League (DEL) and the Linz Black Wings team is from the top league in Austria, which is above the German second division but below the German top league in quality.

Tech will have to be very good to come away with more wins in this tourney.

Note: Augsberg has six ex college players on the roster, including Grant Stevenson of MSUM, Noah Clarke of CC, Justin Fletcher of St. Cloud, Barry Tallackson of Minnesota, Mike Radja of UNH and Duane Moeser of Cornell.

Linz has ex collegians as well - including Aaron Mackenzie from DU, Brad Purdie from Maine, Alex Westlund from Yale, Pat Leahy from Miami and Reid Cashman from Quinnipiac.
                              Last edited by Puck Swami; 08-13-2010, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Actually, I believe all of our opponents except Kaufbeuren have at least one ex-collegian.

Comment

Working...
                                X