Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

What are you talking about ftb&g?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Blog updates. BUNGER!! wrote a reflection/thank you note and MacLeod talked about getting ready for the trip. Also, there's a new video posted now with what appears to be a quick introduction from Damon Whitten, but I'm at work.

http://huskiesineurope.wordpress.com/

Comment

A few great things today..

Modano signs with the Wings and is coming home!!!!

The Misfits and Jamie were able to get student season tickets lowered from $84 to $54 this year. It is a start, they will reevaluate at the end of the year and hopefully go to something like $40. Either way, it should help.

I also have two weeks left of work before I drive up to Tech on the Friday the 20th. Can't wait.

Oh and word out of the paint store:

Be on the right side of the bridge before 6pm tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
          The Misfits and Jamie were able to get student season tickets lowered from $84 to $54 this year. It is a start, they will reevaluate at the end of the year and hopefully go to something like $40. Either way, it should help.
          Holy carp. That is incredibly cheap for any sport, let alone D1. Russell must really value Misfit butts in (or out of) seats. Good on him.

ETA: Another thought...that's just a few bucks more than a year of Huskies Live
          Last edited by Twitch Boy; 08-05-2010, 05:44 PM.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
            Very nice

Of course, the argument remains - is $54 going to be worth it to the casual fan who wants to see wins?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Very nice

Of course, the argument remains - is $54 going to be worth it to the casual fan who wants to see wins?
              I'm sure it'd be worth it.

Oh, you mean wins by the Huskies.

------

Seriously, that is insanely cheap for season tickets.
              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Very nice

If all else fails it becomes season tickets to The Huskies Pep Band. Not bad for the price, either.

Comment

Put it this way: season tickets at UAA start at just over $200. (Granted, non-student.)
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    Put it this way: season tickets at UAA start at just over $200. (Granted, non-student.)
                    Isn't that only a bit more than what the othersiders pay though? If I'm right, that $200 works out to about $12/game, and as an outsider with no connection to the school, that's probably about what I'd be willing to pay to watch UAA hockey.

Comment

Getting to Know Damon Whitten

****** type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://s0.videopress.com/player.swf?v=1.02" width="400" height="224" wmode="transparent" seamlesstabbing="true" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" overstretch="true" flashvars="guid=FKtz7XOt">

http://huskiesineurope.wordpress.com...damon-whitten/

Comment

Isn't that only a bit more than what the othersiders pay though? If I'm right, that $200 works out to about $12/game, and as an outsider with no connection to the school, that's probably about what I'd be willing to pay to watch UAA hockey.
                        Meh - I always got the 120dBA discount, so I never knew.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Meh - I always got the 120dBA discount, so I never knew.
                          I buy season tickets but I almost always have the "arrive 1 1/2 hours before game time" discount

Comment

$54.

That's just under 3 non-student tickets to a Gophers game. A, as in one, game.

Just saying.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              $54.

Just saying.
                              It's just over one ticket to the Sioux-Gopher game this year.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                $54.

Just saying.
                                Upper-level non-student for a Sioux game...and that doesn't include the Fighting Sioux Club donation.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X