Mid Summer Classic - Chowder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Summer Classic - Chowder

Coming up in a week or so.....Looking forward to it.

Any previews on Rosters anyone ?.

Re: Mid Summer Classic - Chowder

Any attempt to "stabilize" the competition this year? Or will be reading the usual complaints of many non competitive / lopsided games?

Edit: A wild guess would be there will probably be a couple / few stacked rosters...ya think?
    Last edited by brookyone; 07-21-2010, 06:37 PM.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
      Any attempt to "stabilize" the competition this year? Or will be reading the usual complaints of many non competitive / lopsided games?

Edit: A wild guess would be there will probably be a couple / few stacked rosters...ya think?
      Oh yeah. And of course there will be teams playing way over their head, just happy to be getting the crap kicked out of them in front of college coaches.

Comment

Much more importantly, at what rink and at what time will there be a Whoopie Pie bake-off?
        Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
          Much more importantly, at what rink and at what time will there be a Whoopie Pie bake-off?
          THIS!

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
            Coming up in a week or so.....Looking forward to it.

Any previews on Rosters anyone ?.
            Anyone know any unofficial rosters or partial rosters. Thinking about taking in some games. I would like to see a couple of good games rather than a College Team playing a group of 15 & 16 year olds.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by WFR View Post
              Anyone know any unofficial rosters or partial rosters. Thinking about taking in some games. I would like to see a couple of good games rather than a College Team playing a group of 15 & 16 year olds.

Any help would be appreciated.
              If you don't want to gamble on which games to see, go on Sunday, when the elimination / playoff rounds take place. If you're looking to see particular players however, this might not work, as their team may be eliminated by then.
              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Rosters are not posted yet, but the shell has been created. Check back here over the next couple of days. Click on the drop down box to see teams other than the Alliance Bulldogs. They appear first by default since the teams are listed in alphabetical order.

The Navigation can get tricky, but you can also make your way from here to see schedules, standings, statistics, etc.

Chowder Cup Roster Page
                Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                  Oh yeah. And of course there will be teams playing way over their head, just happy to be getting the crap kicked out of them in front of college coaches.
                  That would be us all from Texas

Comment

Is there a link to the Schedules? Tough website to navigate. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan111 View Post
                      Is there a link to the Schedules? Tough website to navigate. Thanks
                      Brackets

Schedule
                      It's easy to root for a winner...

Comment

Women's Chowder Cup Schedules

Takes a while to scroll through, primary sort is by day, then by rink, then by time, and it includes all AA and A level games.

I found myself having to print it out and carefully read through hard copy to find the games I was interested in.

Not an ideal example of best practice web page building, but for a simple, fun, three day summer tournament I suppose it's sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                          Women's Chowder Cup Schedules

Takes a while to scroll through, primary sort is by day, then by rink, then by time, and it includes all AA and A level games.

I found myself having to print it out and carefully read through hard copy to find the games I was interested in.

Not an ideal example of best practice web page building, but for a simple, fun, three day summer tournament I suppose it's sufficient.
                          My answer to clarifying the online verison that is to cut and paste the whole thing into a spread sheet and re-arrange/filter based on rink/category/group/time etc.

I think you have my e-mail....E-mail me and I'll fire it off to you.

P.S.....Only have it at home, so won't be able to send to you until later tonight.
                          Last edited by OnMAA; 07-27-2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

NO BOSTON JR. BRUINS anywhere on the list of AA teams in this year's tournament...very surprising! They were a serious Chowder Cup playoff contender every year in the AA division.

Comment

My guess is that the USA Selects will be tough to beat again this year! I've heard they have another pretty good team gathered for the event. Are there others expected to be strong contenders?

Comment

Working...
                              X