Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    I did?
    Sorry, must be mistaken. I thought u compared him to Danny Biega. My bad. Still think that we will be pleased. AD
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      Sorry, must be mistaken. I thought u compared him to Danny Biega. My bad. Still think that we will be pleased. AD
      Ohhhh yeah. My memory stinks sometimes.

I said that if he plays like a major P.i.t.A. the way Alex Biega was for Harvard, then we've got a nice sandpaper like player on defense who's got some offensive skill as well.
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Ohhhh yeah. My memory stinks sometimes.

I said that if he plays like a major P.i.t.A. the way Alex Biega was for Harvard, then we've got a nice sandpaper like player on defense who's got some offensive skill as well.
        See I listen. Just got the first name wrong My dad always told me to listen to people who know more than you do.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

...Look at his line this year in USHL, he scored alot.
          I did ...in post #71... 41 pts.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Bailen won't need a seasoned vet paired w him...
            That's a good point...he could easily handle being paired with a newbie...should be interesting to see how Vines' attacks the pairings... barring injury, I think Beauregard will be hard pressed to dress at D.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              That's a good point...he could easily handle being paired with a newbie...should be interesting to see how Vines' attacks the pairings... barring injury, I think Beauregard will be hard pressed to dress at D.
              Agreed there, although Beauregard seems to work pretty well as the "message sender" to guys that slack off in practice. Lord knows that Beauregard works his tail off in practice and trying to crack the lineup. If other guys slack off, he gets in there and occasionally does some nice things (like the BU game last season). For what it's worth, I think he'll be more comfortable on defense just from a size and skating stand point. If any of the freshmen have some struggles, he'll get a shot on the third pair.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Today is 13 July 2010. There are 87 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Agreed there, although Beauregard seems to work pretty well as the "message sender" to guys that slack off in practice. Lord knows that Beauregard works his tail off in practice and trying to crack the lineup. If other guys slack off, he gets in there and occasionally does some nice things (like the BU game last season). For what it's worth, I think he'll be more comfortable on defense just from a size and skating stand point. If any of the freshmen have some struggles, he'll get a shot on the third pair.
                  I will second that; I think he also made the most of his chance at the Niagara game (granted that's pretty much the highlight of that atrocity). If anything, what happens in practice, as well as off the ice, are just as important as what happens on the ice. I could definitely see Kevin also as a motivator for the players that may not get all of the playing time they think they deserve, like Justin Smith or Jordan Watts.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I could definitely see Kevin also as a motivator for the players that may not get all of the playing time they think they deserve, like Justin Smith or Jordan Watts.
                    How do you know what they think they deserve?
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      I don't. The players have a personal thought, and the coach has the final say.

I'm starting to work on my Chinese, as I'm getting close with this hole. Maybe a few more losing streaks on here.

Comment

I agree with all of this and credit to him for being a motivated team player and battling in practice...not an easy thing to do when you know your ice time chances will be limited

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          In my experience, every player on the team thinks he should be playing every game,
                          In reality he may realize that he will not, but he still thinks he should.
                          If he doesn't, then maybe he should take up something other than competitive sports.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            I agree with all of this and credit to him for being a motivated team player and battling in practice...not an easy thing to do when you know your ice time chances will be limited
                            Well said!

Comment

WaP: Know Your Enemy - Bowling Green
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Today is 14 July 2010. There are 86 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X