Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    OK - don't suppose you have his schedule nearby???....yes, lazy I know
    Copied from a pdf file...only way I could do it:
    2010 Senior Chowder Cup Schedule
    Thursday July 22nd, 2010 / Canton Sports Plex, Canton, Ma
    C.O. 7:00am 1 No Scheduled Game vs.
    C.O. 8:40am 1 EHC Hockey vs. South Jersey Raptors (White)
    C.O. 1:40pm 1 CT. Yankees vs. N.Y. Chiefs
    C.O. 3:20pm 1 Black Aces (Blue) vs. Premier Hockey Development
    C.O. 5:00pm 1 Network Hockey vs. Mass Attack
    C.O. 6:40pm 1 Black Aces (Red) vs. Power Edge Hockey
    Friday, July 23rd, 2010 / Foxboro Sports Center
    Div. Time Rink Team Team
    C.O. 7:10am 2 Power Edge Hockey vs. North Atlantic Renegades
    C.O. 10:30am 2 Hudson Valley Selects vs. Premier Hockey Dev.
    C.O. 5:10pm 2 Ct. Yankees vs. EHC Hockey
    C.O. 6:50pm 2 Laconia Leafs vs. North Jersey Avalanche
    C.O. 8:20pm 1 Muskoka Knights vs. Townshend Hockey Selects
    C.O. 10:00pm 1 NNEHA vs. Eurocamp International Stars 2
    Saturday July 24th, 2010 / Canton Sports Plex, Canton, Ma
    Jr. A 7:00am 1 Philadelphia Jr. Flyers vs. Hockey Talent Management
    Jr. A 8:40am 1 Dynamo Hockey vs. Premier Hockey Dev. 1
    C.O. 10:20am 1 Northern Ct. Wings vs. Power Edge Hockey
    C.O. 12:00pm 1 NNEHA vs. West Haven Wings
    C.O. 1:40pm 1 Tampa Bay Bolts vs. Premier Hockey Development
    Jr. A 3:20pm 1 Mass Stars vs. Premier Hockey Dev. 2
    C.O. 5:00pm 1 North Jersey Avalanche vs. Townshend Hockey Selects
    C.O. 6:40pm 1 Laconia Leafs vs. Muskoka Knights
    C.O. 8:20pm 1 Florida Eels vs. Mass Attack
    C.O. 10.00pm 1 Brudenell Bullet's 93's Complete Hockey
    Playoffs Sunday, July 25th, 2010
    College Open Preliminary Round
    Boch 7:00am Rink
    1 Bracket 8 Winner vs. Bracket 9 Winner (G1)
    Iorio 7:00am NHL Bracket 3 Winner vs. Bracket 14 Winner (G2)
    Iorio 7:10am Olym. Bracket 6 Winner vs. Bracket 11 Winner (G3)
    FSC 7:00am Rink
    1 Bracket 7 Winner vs. Bracket 10 Winner (G4)
    FSC 7:00am Rink
    2 Bracket 5 Winner vs. Bracket 12 Winner (G5)
    FSC 8:00am Rink
    1 Bracket 4 Winner vs. Bracket 13 Winner (G6)
    College Open Quarter-Finals Round
    Iorio 10:00am NHL Bracket 1 Winner vs. Game 1 Winner (G7)
    Iorio 10:10am Olym. Game 2 Winner vs. Game 3 Winner (G8)
    FSC 10:00am Rink
    1 Bracket 2 Winner vs. Game 4 Winner (G9)
    FSC 10:10am Rink
    2 Game 6 Winner vs. Game 5 Winner (G10)
    College Open Semi-Finals Round
    Iorio 12:30pm NHL Game 7 Winner vs. Game 10 Winner (G11)
    Iorio 12:40pm Olym. Game 8 Winner vs. Game 9 Winner (G12)
    College Open Championship
    Iorio 3:00pm NHL Game 11 Winner vs. Game 12 Winner (G13)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I don't travel much. That was for the '06 RPI tourney (SA's first year). I was there again the next year for the tourney and to the Tampa tourney the same year. I haven't been to an RPI game since then. I will probably go to some game the second half of the upcoming season.
      Well, make sure you let us all know...

Comment

Just learned that the Judge in the Quinnipiac Girls' Volleyball case has ruled that Cheerleading is NOT a sport...I could have told you that! There's no defense. That goes for all the other 'games of skill' with no defense (and for that matter, no exertion!). I probably just opened up a Pandora's box but what the heck...

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
          That goes for all the other 'games of skill' with no defense
          Bouncy-ball isn't a sport either, eh? I swear, with the scores of some of those games, I wonder if they know the definition of "defense"...
          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 07-21-2010, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Bouncy-ball isn't a sport either, eh? I swear, with the scores of some of those games, I wonder if they know the definition of "defense"...
            I know, I know...I had a knee jerk reaction...full disclosure: I played volleyball in college so I am partial

Comment

I know, I know...I had a knee jerk reaction...full disclosure: I played volleyball in college so I am partial
              Nothing wrong with that. Although volleyball I could see why there'd be a question of no defense because it's really one team that is "controlling" the ball at a time with the other team helpless to its direction and velocity on the other side of the net. Of course, you'd then have to make an arguement for tennis and badminton as well.

Court Volleyball I actually enjoy watching quite a bit, and is one of the things that I would look for in the Summer Olympics. Beach Volleyball is a different story, though.
              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 07-21-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Court Volleyball I actually enjoy watching quite a bit, and is one of the things that I would look for in the Summer Olympics. Beach Volleyball is a different story, though.
                I am kind of partial to women's beach volleyball-I like the uniforms.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Amen to that.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Hey, you said you don't travel. Now you've been to NYC and to HFH...do you travel in a disguise? Has anyone else on this thread met you? Will you attend any games this year? Can you tell I've had lots of coffee today?
                    I have had the privilege of meeting Ralph at both of the HFH tournaments that he mentioned in his post. He does exist and he is a fine gentleman.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Yes, but there are other sources of exposure for such a "uniform".

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        I have had the privilege of meeting Ralph at both of the HFH tournaments that he mentioned in his post. He does exist and he is a fine gentleman.
                        Well, that means among you, RB, and the others that we will have a nice quorum of thread members to meet (and if many of you have already done so then meet again). We should start discussing a potential game with the most members able to attend and have a tailgate like we talked about when I first joined here.

Comment

I hope there aren't thread police who will accuse you of not discussing hockey...this could turn into a whole thread dedicated to the 'threads' on all the beach volleyball players...

Comment

I hope there aren't thread police who will accuse you of not discussing hockey...this could turn into a whole thread dedicated to the 'threads' on all the beach volleyball players...
                            There is for the RPI threads.... and the policeman's name rhymes with Alf Hair.

Once we get some more hockey information, we'll go back to it. As for the game, I know the national championship usually involves a game with posters. Between all of us, that may be a little interesting. Where would we play? On a pond?

Comment

Today is 22 July 2010. There are 78 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There is for the RPI threads.... and the policeman's name rhymes with Alf Hair.

Once we get some more hockey information, we'll go back to it. As for the game, I know the national championship usually involves a game with posters. Between all of us, that may be a little interesting. Where would we play? On a pond?
                                I started to answer you but realized the time and panicked that I'd end up like yesterday in the black hole known as thread refresh hour so I'll just say....sure, why not?

Comment

Working...
                                X