This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCHA 10-11.....**** You St. Norbert

So I'm melting away in Phoenix. I have my AC set at 85 and it runs all day. I'm getting excited for hockey to start up again. I figured we could start a "send gojackets to a UWS hockey game fund, preferably against Stevens Point or the debut of the UWS/SNC rivalry. Haha.

I know this is way early, but I'm bored.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Re: NCHA 10-11.....**** You St. Norbert

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    So I'm melting away in Phoenix. I have my AC set at 85 and it runs all day. I'm getting excited for hockey to start up again. I figured we could start a "send gojackets to a UWS hockey game fund, preferably against Stevens Point or the debut of the UWS/SNC rivalry. Haha.

I know this is way early, but I'm bored.
    Haha....the title is Dam you
    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      Haha....the title is Dam you
      gojackets --
      I'm planning on seeing more college hockey this upcoming season, than I have ever seen.
      From reviewing both SNC schedules, there are a couple double header weekends planned at the CCC.
      It will be interesting to see what type of team Morgan puts on the ice in his first season in De Pere.
      Everyone, I have talked to, claims that the man is a great recruiter. Time will tell.
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
        gojackets --
        I'm planning on seeing more college hockey this upcoming season, than I have ever seen.
        From reviewing both SNC schedules, there are a couple double header weekends planned at the CCC.
        It will be interesting to see what type of team Morgan puts on the ice in his first season in De Pere.
        Everyone, I have talked to, claims that the man is a great recruiter. Time will tell.
        Hence the title of the thread. UWS, UWSP, and UWRF with the exception of Lake Forest breaking through somewhat last year have dominated the NCHA since its inception. I have a feeling SNC will have something to say about that and one of those 3 will fall. I'm hoping UWSP continues its downfall....
        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

I will be extremely happy if Lake Forest continues its rise... we are new to the conference and its schools, and look forward to learning about it. Any input about Lake Forest or its opponents would be great...
          "Good players are those of whom make other players around them better"

Comment

Originally posted by msw630 View Post
            I will be extremely happy if Lake Forest continues its rise... we are new to the conference and its schools, and look forward to learning about it. Any input about Lake Forest or its opponents would be great...
            Coach Zaban took a fledgling, middle of the pack team and turned it into a contender in a few short years. I don't know if Lake Forest was for real last year or if they took advantage of the other teams in the conference being weaker last year. No one out east will let us forget their incredibly disappointing trip to the codfish bowl.

With the NCHA expansion this year, its hard to say how things will shake out. With the additions made by River Falls, I see it being very difficult for Lake Forest to repeat. I'll probably do a season preview in a couple of months. Right now, I'd predict that LFC starts the season out 6-0, but could very easily drop 6 or 7 of their next 8..against UWRF, UWSP, SNC and UWS. SNC is a wild card right now.
            UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

I think SNC will be like Adrian in their first year wih a few great wins and then some setbacks. They'll be young which is an advantage and disadvantage but I'm going to come out and say they'll make playoffs their first year. As for my Bulldogs, I just hope my girls can pull together and have another strong season next year!! 2011 NCHA Champs!!

Comment

Originally posted by BdogsRock View Post
                I think SNC will be like Adrian in their first year wih a few great wins and then some setbacks. They'll be young which is an advantage and disadvantage but I'm going to come out and say they'll make playoffs their first year. As for my Bulldogs, I just hope my girls can pull together and have another strong season next year!! 2011 NCHA Champs!!

I also hope the team has a strong season this year. Hopefully they can over come being out coached everytime they step on the ice.

Comment

Comment

http://www.snc.edu/athletics/pressrelease/?i=1008
                    SNC assistant coach announcement....
                    SNC Men:
                    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                    SNC Women:

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                      http://www.snc.edu/athletics/pressrelease/?i=1008
                      SNC assistant coach announcement....
                      Congratulations to Jami Kivi.
                      A wonderful young lady with an infectious personality who will bring a winning attitude to a young eager St. Norbert team.
                      A good choice by Coach Morgan

SNC just vaulted to the top of my "best in the west" list!

Comment

Way to Go Kivi! Glad the announcement has been made - you are very deserving of this job and all of the Wild family wish you well!

Comment

**** You St. Norbert!

The Kivi signing is the scoop of the year...

Congratulations Jamie! You show em'

Fiver.

Comment

OK, all the students should have reported by now.
                            Any unexpected arrivals, no shows, early news before practice sessions start???
                            SNC Men:
                            SNC Women:

Comment

My thoughts....will go into more detail later....but to start the discussion

1. River Falls
                              2. Lake Forest
                              3. Superior
                              4. Adrian
                              5. Eau Claire
                              6. Stevens Point
                              7. St Norbert
                              8. Concordia
                              9. Finlandia
                              10. Saint Scholastica
                              11. Marian

I think thats all of them. Basically not ready to rise St Norbert too far in the ranks before the season start....talent or not, they are still a first year program....which traditionally has not fared well. Fairly certain River Falls is the clear front runner, 2-4 could be any of those 3 listed there...same with 5-7....and 8-11 lol
                              Last edited by gojackets; 09-14-2010, 08:31 PM.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Working...
                              X