Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwich Cadets Hockey 2010-2011: Title defense time.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwich Cadets Hockey 2010-2011: Title defense time.

There ya go Norwich fans.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Norwich Cadets Hockey 2010-2011: Title defense time.

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    You gotta hog the glory don't you
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Thanks for creating this thread. I was about ready to start my first thread ever because the other Norwich thread was definitely out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by oldguard View Post
        Thanks for creating this thread. I was about ready to start my first thread ever because the other Norwich thread was definitely out of date.
        Not only that, it went over the magic 1000 post limit and is now locked. We keep going like this and it will get locked before anything is said about Norwich

Comment

After watching Norwich battle through playoffs last year I realized how difficult it is to win the D3 title. St. Norbert's, Plattsburgh, and Elmira all created a lot of problems for the Cadets. Talent alone come playoff time doesn't always result in a win; sometime a lucky goal for great goaltending will make the difference.
          2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
          2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

It will be interesting to see if they are ranked first in the USCHO preseason poll. My guess is they will, but certainly there are others that could make a legitimate claim.
            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
              It will be interesting to see if they are ranked first in the USCHO preseason poll. My guess is they will, but certainly there are others that could make a legitimate claim.
              If I had a vote, they'd be my #1 in the preseason poll. Dubois was certainly able to hold his own in net, and the team is shaping up to have the offensive firepower to make up for any defensive weaknesses. Plattsburgh is looking like it will be a serious contender this season, but even this Plattsburgh fan wants to see them prove it on the ice before I even consider putting them #1.
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                If I had a vote, they'd be my #1 in the preseason poll. Dubois was certainly able to hold his own in net, and the team is shaping up to have the offensive firepower to make up for any defensive weaknesses. Plattsburgh is looking like it will be a serious contender this season, but even this Plattsburgh fan wants to see them prove it on the ice before I even consider putting them #1.
                I think its safe to say your top four will be the four teams that went to Lake Placid.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

I think its safe to say your top four will be the four teams that went to Lake Placid.
                  I'm hesitant to say that. Oswego has serious goaltending questions to answer. Beckwith has proven less-than-reliable, but this newest goalie recruit for Oz could prove to be a solution, but that still leaves me saying they have big question marks between the pipes that probably knock them down a bit in my rankings. Norwich is losing Klinger, but as I said, Dubois is a competent goaltender in his own right.

Other than that, all 4 teams have a lot of talent returning. The loss of Selleck also hurts Oswego, in my mind.

Looking at what is lost, what is returning, and what is listed on our commitments page... with particular emphasis placed on questions in goaltending, my preseason top 4 would be:

1. Norwich
                  2. St. Norbert
                  3. Plattsburgh
                  4. Adrian

And no, this isn't just because I'm a Plattsburgh fan who hates Oswego... I have legitimate concerns about Oswego's goaltending. You and I both know that game between Adrian and Oswego was closer than the scoreline indicated, and I think that until Oswego's goalies prove their worth on the ice, Adrian has recruited well enough to make up that small gap and then some...

But this is the Norwich thread, so let's return to discussion about Norwich, not Oswego and Adrian...
                  Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 06-30-2010, 11:24 PM.
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                  SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                    I'm hesitant to say that. Oswego has serious goaltending questions to answer. Beckwith has proven less-than-reliable, but this newest goalie recruit for Oz could prove to be a solution, but that still leaves me saying they have big question marks between the pipes that probably knock them down a bit in my rankings. Norwich is losing Klinger, but as I said, Dubois is a competent goaltender in his own right.

Other than that, all 4 teams have a lot of talent returning. The loss of Selleck also hurts Oswego, in my mind.

Looking at what is lost, what is returning, and what is listed on our commitments page... with particular emphasis placed on questions in goaltending, my preseason top 4 would be:

1. Norwich
                    2. St. Norbert
                    3. Plattsburgh
                    4. Adrian

And no, this isn't just because I'm a Plattsburgh fan who hates Oswego... I have legitimate concerns about Oswego's goaltending. You and I both know that game between Adrian and Oswego was closer than the scoreline indicated, and I think that until Oswego's goalies prove their worth on the ice, Adrian has recruited well enough to make up that small gap and then some...

But this is the Norwich thread, so let's return to discussion about Norwich, not Oswego and Adrian...
                    Great points.

I thought Adrian could have been there this past year. With the FF being in the west.......
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Great points.

I thought Adrian could have been there this past year. With the FF being in the west.......
                      Does anyone know how the addition is coming on the arena?

Comment

Originally posted by runr262 View Post
                        Does anyone know how the addition is coming on the arena?
                        Scheduled completion is Sept. 24 per facilities operations info. It looks great on the outside, and I understand the new sound system is in.

Comment

Can't wait to hear Dex say "he shoots he scores" on the new sound system. Now we need some cool DJ lights flashing after goals!

Comment

I agree about the Norwich repeat. Not so sure about Plattsburgh though. There may be some sophomore slumps up there. If I were a betting man I would put my money on Elmira for the Frozen Four next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                              I agree about the Norwich repeat. Not so sure about Plattsburgh though. There may be some sophomore slumps up there. If I were a betting man I would put my money on Elmira for the Frozen Four next year.
                              And Norwich is immune to "Sophomore Slumps"? If you apply that logic, you have to apply it to both. Norwich had just as many freshmen as Plattsburgh.

And believe me, I strongly included putting Elmira in my top 4... but they are in the same boat as Oswego in regards to goaltending. Casey Tuttle left some big shoes to be filled. Probably just as much as Gunn-Taylor did in Oswego. If they can get a solid defensive unit and steady goaltending, there's no doubt Elmira is going to be a team to watch this year. But that's too many "ifs".

So I stand by my Norwich, St. Norbert, Plattsburgh, and Adrian. I also think the committee will do anything to make sure 2 West make the final four, given that the tournament is in the West (Saving $$$).
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

Working...
                              X