PDA

View Full Version : Ccha 2010-2011

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

NMUFAN21
06-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Those were the favorites last year, but I think miami will be good just not as good as last year especially without wingels (captain)

aparch
06-24-2010, 10:51 AM
who's address is that? League offices are in Michigan...

Big10.

Michigan, Michigan State, and tOSU are all playing four games against each other. That leaves just 20 games for tOSU to play the other eight teams around the league. Why exactly Miami and tOSU aren't playing four against each other I don't know... but I'd guess that it's part of the reason.

Arpod
06-24-2010, 12:32 PM
No disrespect [none taken] but that is a huge bias lol. [um, yeah... :o It's those dang rose-colored glasses... or mental illness. Can't decide which.] :D

You are spot-on about the loss of scoring, but I think there was (and is) talent there to put the puck in the net. I don't think it was used effectively last year. As I said, hope springs eternal.

redhawkman10
06-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Those were the favorites last year, but I think miami will be good just not as good as last year especially without wingels (captain)

And thats your opinion. Which is fine. They seemed to do fine after lossing the likes of Ryan Jones and Nathan Davis two years ago. So lossing our captain and another great senior isn't making me worry. Look up and down the roster still plenty of scoring around the roster. Not to mention two of the top goaltenders in the country and everyone on defense. I wouldn't worry about this season, I worry about 2011-2012 when they will lose around 8-10 guys.

I think they will be better this year than they were last year. Veteran group that only gets better. Not to mention they won't have that burning question about them after that dissapointing loss to BU. Now its about a blow out loss that will have to motivate them. Honestly all along this year was the year that Miami has been pointing towards contending and I think you will see a lot out of them.

redhawkman10
06-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Big10.

Michigan, Michigan State, and tOSU are all playing four games against each other. That leaves just 20 games for tOSU to play the other eight teams around the league. Why exactly Miami and tOSU aren't playing four against each other I don't know... but I'd guess that it's part of the reason.

Gotcha. Sad thing is you are probably right about that and it's wrong that the CCHA would give in. I would suspect the Big 10 network threw some decent money their way to make it happen.

You are spot-on about the loss of scoring, but I think there was (and is) talent there to put the puck in the net. I don't think it was used effectively last year. As I said, hope springs eternal.

While their may be, they are still only returning 1 guy that scored more than 10 goals. :eek: Not to mention they lose their two most dynamic players. I just don't see it, while their may be talent still there and there is it is just real hard to recorver from the big time talent losses they had this offseason. And their isn't a real big time recruit coming in to step in right away like Dalpe was.

I think there will be brighter days in Columbus but wouldn't get my hopes up on it being this year. They numbers and product don't add up.

NMUFAN21
06-24-2010, 11:45 PM
How tough is OSU schdule, because NMU has a fairly easy one considering they play BGSU and WMU a combined 8 times

mcfarljd
06-25-2010, 12:57 AM

Yeah, they lost two players from last season, Palmer and Wingels. Last years best D in the CCHA just got even better now that they're all sophomores/juniors. We're still good to go.

mcfarljd
06-25-2010, 12:59 AM
I wouldn't worry about this season, I worry about 2011-2012 when they will lose around 8-10 guys.

Hope springs eternal, with that graduation of our great now senior class, comes in what could very well be the most talented class we've ever seen.

umassfan49
06-25-2010, 01:27 AM

Miami should certainly be pushing for a 3rd straight frozen four this year.

Key Returners: Cannone, Reichard/Knapp, Camper, etc.

Arwen22266
06-25-2010, 08:15 AM
who's address is that? League offices are in Michigan...

Central Collegiate Hockey Association
23995 Freeway Park Drive
Farmington Hills, Michigan 48335
(248) 888-0600

The Illinois address is for the Big Ten offices.

STATEdude3
06-25-2010, 08:41 AM
CODE]T
[/CODE]I am very concerned about MSU right now. I think we lost too much offensive power to claim a top 4 spot at this point. However Palmissano was awesome last year and could be better this year if the defense matures as we all expect, even without Petry.

I think OSU is the sleeper and Miami will be the champ.

MU
scUM
OSU
MSU
UND
NMU
FSU
UA(F)
LSSU
BGSU
WMU

redhawkman10
06-25-2010, 09:04 AM
How tough is OSU schdule, because NMU has a fairly easy one considering they play BGSU and WMU a combined 8 times

Well they play Miami, michigan, and Michigan st. a combined 10 times....thats tough. Haven't looked at it but I am sure they have something against either Minnesota or Wisconsin as well.

redhawkman10
06-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Hope springs eternal, with that graduation of our great now senior class, comes in what could very well be the most talented class we've ever seen.

While I agree they 2011 class will be one of the if not the best class in the country. However with the weak class this year their would be an abundant of young players. Great players but still young.

Miami should certainly be pushing for a 3rd straight frozen four this year.

Key Returners: Cannone, Reichard/Knapp, Camper, etc.

Not to mention Miele, Wideman, Weber, Schilling, McKenzie, and Smith. could go on but I think you get the point lol

CODE]T
[/CODE]I am very concerned about MSU right now. I think we lost too much offensive power to claim a top 4 spot at this point. However Palmissano was awesome last year and could be better this year if the defense matures as we all expect, even without Petry.

I think OSU is the sleeper and Miami will be the champ.

MU
scUM
OSU
MSU
UND
NMU
FSU
UA(F)
LSSU
BGSU
WMU

Legit question...What is everyones facination with Ohio st....They return 1 guy who scored in double digits and lose their 3 best players. Got good goaltending but that is about it. Not trying to knock them it just doesn't make sense. Their other two top point getters only had 6 goals and 20 + assists. Majority of those on Dalpe and Bishops goals. I just don't see them all of a sudden after not doing it for 2 years finding that scoring touch. Listen it could happen but I don't see how you can count on something that has never happened.

It's just a headscratcher that a lot of people are seeing this. Enlighten me please, because the numbers just don't add up. And it can't be because they got a new coach, that will help long term but can't expect a quick turn around when he doesn't have his players. Future is bright, just not next year.

mmf
06-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Admittedly I approach almost every year with unfounded enthusiasm and optimism of how the new season could unfold. Hey, I’m a long time Nook fan.

This year is no different and may even be more justified. I think we will be solid, but we will need to prove it. We have (UM, MSU, OSU, FSU) x4 in conference play. Beleaguered teams have made important changes so the playoff hunt should get even tougher. Every point will be critical.

Miami should be highly favored to win the conference. Not only are they good, but “on paper” the schedule favors them, (LSSU, BG, WMU, ND) x4. On paper. I won’t even venture a guess as how the conference standings end up. We’ll get a chance to see what the Nooks are made of early in the season. We start off the year with four tough non-conference games; Air Force, UND, Union, and CC.

Just hope I’m not saying “wait till next year” by mid October. :) Hey, I’m a long time Nook fan.

owslachief
06-26-2010, 10:57 PM
How was the CCHA regarded last couple of days in NHL entry draft?

Name Round Pick Overall Pos Current School Future School RookieYear
Riley Sheahan 1 21 21 C NOTRE DAME
Jared Tinordi 1 22 22 D NOTRE DAME 2010
Jon Merrill 2 8 38 D MICHIGAN 2010
Stephen Johns 2 30 60 D NOTRE DAME 2010
Alex Guptill 3 17 77 LW MICHIGAN 2011
Bryan Rust 3 20 80 RW NOTRE DAME 2010
Ben Gallacher 4 3 93 D OHIO STATE 2010
Jimmy Mullin 4 28 118 C/RW MIAMI-OHIO 2011
Justin Florek 5 15 135 LW NORTHERN MICH.
Kevin Lind 6 27 177 D NOTRE DAME 2010
Lee Moffie 7 8 188 D MICHIGAN
Brett Perlini 7 12 192 RW MICHIGAN STATE
Luke Moffatt 7 17 197 C MICHIGAN 2010
Chris Crane 7 20 200 RW OHIO STATE 2010 or 2011
Zach Trotman 7 30 210 D LAKE SUPERIOR

redeagle
06-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Is Gallacher for OSU a '10 or an '11? Also, interesting that it takes four rounds for the CCHA to get four teams in the draft (and two of those, Miami and OSU, with only one fourth rounder) and the WCHA gets four teams represented in the first 20 players.

redhawkman10
06-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Is Gallacher for OSU a '10 or an '11? Also, interesting that it takes four rounds for the CCHA to get four teams in the draft (and two of those, Miami and OSU, with only one fourth rounder) and the WCHA gets four teams represented in the first 20 players.

Well in defense for Miami atleast they only had 2 players incoming or on the current roster that were even elligible to be drafted.

osualum86
07-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Legit question...what is everyone's fascination with Ohio State?

Just a guess, but maybe it's because a lot of these kids went to the NCAA Tournament in the 2008-09 season, so the cupboard is not completely bare. Granted, there were a couple of key scoring losses after this past season but as Arpod alluded to, there is talent there, and unlike past seasons, they will now get some good coaching. I'm not saying they are going to finish in the top five and get a first-round bye, but I don't think they are going to be a bottom feeder like some here are implying. Time will tell. We'll find out here in a few months.

streaker
07-07-2010, 10:58 AM
No disrespect but that is a huge bias lol. You lose your 3 top players from last year and install a new system. Going to be growing pains. I think OSU is in a better place but look at all the offense they lost from last year. Defense was suspect last year as well, new style is nice but if you don't have the talent back there it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. For me Goaltending is their only bright spot but look at Western a great goaltender can only take you so far.

More to it, lossing Bartkowski, Dalpe, and Bishop who accounted for 90 pts. As well as your top goal scorers (Dalpe 21 and Bishop 15). #2 and 3 on your points list only had 6 goals apiece. Unless they all of a sudden find a scoring touch it will be tough.

It is what it is, but if OSU sniffs a bye it will be a bigger surprise than Ferris last year...

Don't know why so many people are discounting Alaska....They return a lot of very good young talent. They aren't going anywhere folks, that program is on the rise.

My thinking as well. Barring any further defections, Miami will battle Michigan for the top spot. Michigan doesn't have a favorable conference away schedule, either- so I'd give the nod to Miami. MSU will have decent talent left, but losing Tropp, Rowe and Petry is not that replaceable. Alaska rode a favorable schedule last season to a great start and has good talent. NMU lost their goaltender, top d-man and top scorer. UNO jumped ship. Ferris lost a ton of talent. ND lost a ton of talent, as did OSU. I'd say that after Miami and Michigan, it will be a tight race for 3-6 (Alaska, NMU, MSU, ND) then a gap, then a tight race from 7-9 (OSU, LSSU, Ferris). BG and WMU will still hold up the bottom.

redhawkman10
07-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Just a guess, but maybe it's because a lot of these kids went to the NCAA Tournament in the 2008-09 season, so the cupboard is not completely bare. Granted, there were a couple of key scoring losses after this past season but as Arpod alluded to, there is talent there, and unlike past seasons, they will now get some good coaching. I'm not saying they are going to finish in the top five and get a first-round bye, but I don't think they are going to be a bottom feeder like some here are implying. Time will tell. We'll find out here in a few months.

Not a lot of the guys left from the 08-09 team contributed. You lost some talent before last season and now you lose your top 3 players not to mention nearly 100 pts. You don't return a single guy who scored in double digits and your #2 and #3 point getters tailed 20 + assists to two of the guys that just left.

Listen not here to bash OSU, just putting it in perspective. The new coach will help but it takes time to install a new system. Im with streaker, they will struggle and fight around 7th and 8th spot. There are teams with a lot more talent and if OSU is going to rely on freshmen to carry them that is a huge gamble.

With Tropp jumping ship it hurts State. I know Alaska had a favorable schedule but they won big games. Im buying into them and they return one of the most dynamic offensive players in the conference. Miami, Michigan, and Alaska are my top 3 right now. Notre Dame, NMU, and MSU will fight for the final two bye's. BG and Western will fight for the basement and 7-9 will be decided by OSU, Ferris, and Lake.