New Kids on the Block - WCHA Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kids on the Block - WCHA Edition

So I've already started looking at how the WCHA teams are shaping up to look next year, and one of the things being discussed in most of the threads is who everyone's losing, but I don't think many/most of the fans understand who everyone is going to be replacing them with. So I was hoping we could get people to start posting who their freshman and transfers will be in this thread, so it would give everyone a chance to do some research and look at who they'll be facing next year. And feel free to add people even if you're not sure if they're coming or not. UNO and BSU, this means you! You're like the little kids that are finally gonna be allowed at the grown ups table.

For St. Cloud, I think this is what our incoming freshman class will look like, and with no transfers:

Cam Reid, F
    Cory Thorson, F
    Bryce Ravndalen, F
    Nick Oliver, F
    Nic Dowd, F
    Kevin Gravel, D
    Nick Jensen, D
    Brandon Burrell, D

I think everyone listed there is for sure coming with the exception of Ravndalen who's a maybe? I'm sure if I'm wrong, somebody from our fanbase will correct me.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: New Kids on the Block - WCHA Edition

Oliver is going back to Fargo.
    Ravndalen is a no, not a maybe.
    We added Bryce Johnson to replace him.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

For BSU this is easy - the '10-'11 roster is posted online already:

http://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/roster/220/

Transfers:

Drew Fisher (Jr.) - UMinn

Freshmen:

Christian Folin - Frolunda J20, Sweden
      Jeff Jubinville - Wenatchee, NAHL
      Radoslav Illo - Tri-City, USHL (Anaheim, 5th Rd)
      Garrett Ladd - Marquette, NAHL
      Kyle Brodie - Wenatchee, NAHL
      Anton Racklin - Frolunda J20, Sweden
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass
      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

For Denver -One the strongest recruiting classes in the school's history.

2010 Recruiting Class
        F Jason Zucker (U.S. Under-18)
        D David Makowski (Green Bay, USHL)
        F Nick Shore (U.S. Under-18)
        F Beau Bennett (Penticton, BCHL)
        F Dan Olszewski (St. Louis, NAHL)
        F Jarrod Mermis (Lincoln, USHL)
        G Sam Brittain (Canmore, AJHL)
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

I think it would be good to also mention key players returning.

For BSU, Captain Matt Read will be returning after turning down multiple NHL offers. 2nd year Jordan George will be a key player this year as he was last season. Goaltender Dan Bakala will be between the pipes again, as Jase Weslosky is no longer on the team.
          Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
          THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverFan View Post
            as Jase Weslosky is no longer on the team.
            That sure didn't take long...
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

For BSU, Captain Matt Read will be returning after turning down multiple NHL offers. 2nd year Jordan George will be a key player this year as he was last season. Goaltender Dan Bakala will be between the pipes again, as Jase Weslosky is no longer on the team.
              People can use this thread for whatever they want, but I think its easier to find the guys that are returning.

However, I am curious to know what happened with Weslosky if you know anything. I'd heard it was a rumor he wasn't gonna be there, but nothing confirmed.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                People can use this thread for whatever they want, but I think its easier to find the guys that are returning.

However, I am curious to know what happened with Weslosky if you know anything. I'd heard it was a rumor he wasn't gonna be there, but nothing confirmed.
                Gotcha. From what i've heard, he is not returning due to poor grades. He is not listed on the 2010-2011 team roster.
                THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

I usually spend a lot of time on this for the Gophers but this year I'm not. Maybe someone else with acquiese.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Gotcha. From what i've heard, he is not returning due to poor grades. He is not listed on the 2010-2011 team roster.
                    WHAT?!? Are you sure?!? 'Cause I heard he was getting a 97% in his XBOX class!

Comment

WHAT?!? Are you sure?!? 'Cause I heard he was getting a 97% in his XBOX class!
                      I know it's a **** shame, but unfortunately Xbox isn't a class included in our curriculum here at BSU.
                      THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

I know it's a **** shame, but unfortunately Xbox isn't a class included in our curriculum here at BSU.
                        Well apparently it wasn't offered at SCSU either, which is why you guys got him on loan from us, but turns out you guys won't need him either.

Comment

Well apparently it wasn't offered at SCSU either, which is why you guys got him on loan from us, but turns out you guys won't need him either.
                          It was worth a shot! We'll take our chances with U-Mass troublemaker -transfer David Boehm now!
                          THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

I know this kid and his dad from when he was playing AAA Capitols in Madison. (Although haven't seen them for 8+ years.) He was always the smallest kid on the team, but was the fastest and worked the hardest. I'm glad to see he landed in D-1.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

as Jase Weslosky is no longer on the team.
                              Flunked out of BSU as well?

Edit: I guess if I would ahve kept reading I would found the answer... Any way, boy what a surprise.
                              Last edited by scsutommyboy; 06-14-2010, 12:21 PM.
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X