Atlantic Hockey Summer News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Atlantic Hockey Summer News

Atlantic Hockey partners with Skor Sports. "The Road to Rochester" will be a season long fan contest. See link for details.

http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/...ews/skor071910

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
      Atlantic Hockey partners with Skor Sports. "The Road to Rochester" will be a season long fan contest. See link for details.

http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/...ews/skor071910
      It's about time. Maybe the USCHO shop will start offering AHA merchandise.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        It's about time. Maybe the USCHO shop will start offering AHA merchandise.

Powers &8^]
        Note, however that nowhere in there did the article mention SKOR marketing apparel of Atlantic Hockey TEAMS, just "AHA merchandise". I'm curious if this means that the merchandise they're talking about is simply AHA and "Road to Rochester" stuff, which if true, says to me... Who cares? Food for thought.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

http://www.rmucolonials.com/ViewArti...CLID=204969108

RMU hires former AIC goalie Chad Davis as volunteer asst coach.
          HT: Bucs FC - IV.46

Comment

While baby steps are good, I can think of nothing less exciting than a sweatshirt with the circa 1998 Microsoft ClipArt AHA logo across the front. I could do better than that logo with some construction paper and one of those oversized Crayolas.

Now, team jerseys...that would be ****.
            Bentley University Hockey
            On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
              Now, team jerseys...that would be ****.
              Unless you're talking about Ashley Judd in a Kentucky jersey, I'm not sure **** is the word you're looking for.
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                Unless you're talking about Ashley Judd in a Kentucky jersey, I'm not sure **** is the word you're looking for.
                Makes me want to party like it's 1998-1999.

http://www.ukhockey.com/images/posters/ashley_judd.jpg
                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                NCAA DII - 1983
                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

I could probably look this up, but....are RMU and NU eligible for AHA post-season this year? RIT had to sit out a season, but I think that was due to divisional reclassification.
                  Bentley University Hockey
                  On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

I could probably look this up, but....are RMU and NU eligible for AHA post-season this year? RIT had to sit out a season, but I think that was due to divisional reclassification.
                    I am too lazy to look it up myself, but I am pretty sure you are correct in the reasoning for RIT to sit out a season.

Niagara and Robert Morris will be eligible this year, and the format for the playoffs prove this. There is a 1 game play-in for teams ranked 5-12, (1-4 get a first round bye). Then there are best-of-3 quarterfinals, with the semi-finals and finals in Rochester at the Blue Cross Arena.
                    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                    Men's Frozen Four 2010
                    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Yes, RIT's two year reclassification was the reason they had to sit one year from AHA postseason play (and the second of the two years took place while they were independent).

I would think it is a strange league indeed that does not allow new teams to participate in post-season play who are by NCAA standards eligible.
                      UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                        Makes me want to party like it's 1998-1999.

http://www.ukhockey.com/images/posters/ashley_judd.jpg
                        Nice, though I think I still prefer her in her Starfleet uni. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

I know all, or at least most, leagues do it, but can somebody explain the rationale for best of 3 quartrfinals? I guess it, like lots of things in college hockey, is designed to give the better teams an advantage,since at least in theory an inferior team can get hot for one game, but carrying it through to a second is way more difficult, but I would think it makes much more sense for the semis or the finals. Of course that would mean you can't play at a neutral site, but still...it has always seemed an odd system to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                            I know all, or at least most, leagues do it, but can somebody explain the rationale for best of 3 quartrfinals? I guess it, like lots of things in college hockey, is designed to give the better teams an advantage,since at least in theory an inferior team can get hot for one game, but carrying it through to a second is way more difficult, but I would think it makes much more sense for the semis or the finals. Of course that would mean you can't play at a neutral site, but still...it has always seemed an odd system to me.
                            Extra home dates, which means extra money for the hosting teams. I know we're not talking about pro-level cash here, but an extra two-three home games for teams every year is much appreciated financially.
                            UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
                              Extra home dates, which means extra money for the hosting teams. I know we're not talking about pro-level cash here, but an extra two-three home games for teams every year is much appreciated financially.
                              and it's very expensive to have multiple semi-final and final games, and anything at the NCAA tourney level...
                              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                              Men's Frozen Four 2010
                              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
                                Doesn't all playoff money go to the conference to be split amongst all of the schools? I thought I had heard that somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X