• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandi Schwartz

Here is Mandi's plight.

http://www.becomemyhero.org/mandi_sc...andi_card.html

Here's how you might be able to help:

I would be remiss if I didn't approach every hockey fan regardless of Nationality to send an email to CBC with the headline Mandi Schwartz expressing your interest in having Don Cherry feature Mandi's story on HNIC tomorrow night. This in an effort to raise immediate awareness of Mandi's and many others... need for a core blood donor. It's a long shot...I know, but exposing Mandi's story on Canada's National Broadcaster, to what will likely be the largest hockey audience on record watching a game six is a long shot that will be taken.

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

Spread the word. If it isn't enough that one life begins during the delivery of a child, something so simple as donating core blood could in all likelihood save another. Who knew?

God Speed Mandi.....

Re: Mandi Schwartz

Do other people need donors too, or are only hockey players of consequence?
    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Hey XYZ, I think the dead giveaway to me was "and many others". You should probably read alittle closer before making stupid comments.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
        You are an absolute ******!

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdLiner View Post
          You are an absolute ******!
          Well, if I'm a [whatever] for trying to care about things all the time instead of only when convenient...so be it. Thanks for your input, though.
          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
            Just got an answer this question via a Sportscenter story about this...

The "Become Mandi's Hero" campaign is working to add thousands of people to the general bone-marrow donor registry, in hopes that they'll find ONE that is a match for Mandi. One would think that, even if they never find that perfect match for Mandi, chances are good that some non-hockey players will benefit greatly from this campaign.

So the answer to your question is: YES. Others need donors too, and are just as consequential. Which is why the people involved in searching for Mandi's donor are not ignoring the rest. It just so happens that a sob story about a hard-working athlete who can no longer compete because of the illness, while not being any more or less important as the thousands of others suffering and dying from the same illness, tends to get more attention and attract more donors. Sad, but definitely true.
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

In case you all missed the USCHO story (which can be found here), Mandi Schwartz passed away yesterday.

TSN Article

RIP Mandi. Que descanses en paz.
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

23 years old, very sad. Rest in Peace at last.

Comment

very sorry to hear, she seemed to have put up a good fight..

Comment

Working...
                  X