Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Tourney

Chance to see some good hockey this weekend at Canlan Ice Sports in
    Toronto (Etobikoke) this weekend. The yearly Prospects Tourney is on with good young upcoming talent as well as current NCAA D1,D3 and CIS players forming teams and competing as well. Most of the ladies are back from the Team Canada
    camp. Lots of scouts from all the schools. Been a long time since I have been to tourney. Just like old times

Re: Toronto Tourney

My Daughter was an attendee, she really enjoyed the experience, and the high level of competition. Based on that and how well it was run I would say, we would go back if she was lucky enough to be invited next year.

Comment

This past weekend at the Prospects event in Toronto, I saw the former Yale
      assistant coach give a brief but impassioned talk about Mandi Schwartz, the girl battling leukemia. He was obviously totally committed to helping save his former player's life. It was inspiring to hear that and it brought tears to my eyes, my daughters eyes and to many others in the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawks Rule View Post
        My Daughter was an attendee, she really enjoyed the experience, and the high level of competition. Based on that and how well it was run I would say, we would go back if she was lucky enough to be invited next year.
        Trust me, she will get invited.

Comment

We also had about 10-12 girls from our program participate and everyone agreed it was one of the top showcases they have attended. My d has attended in the past, but didn't this year due to a conflict and she is already committed somewhere. But I do recommend the Prospects Tourney to anyone from ages 15-18.

Comment

Originally posted by pakidnyc View Post
            We also had about 10-12 girls from our program participate and everyone agreed it was one of the top showcases they have attended. My d has attended in the past, but didn't this year due to a conflict and she is already committed somewhere. But I do recommend the Prospects Tourney to anyone from ages 15-18.
            Prospects is best suited to players entering grades 10 and 11 if your goal is to get on the radar of college scouts. The majority of players are in that age range. Only if you are in a remote location and have garnered little interest todate would I recommend it for those entering Senior Year--that is, if you missed out on it previously. If you are 17-18 you will find the quality of competition weak. There are usually some good seminars to take in as well that I would recommend everyone make an effort to attend.

Unfortunately, there are always too many players younger than this at this event, which dilutes the quality, and does a disservice both to themselves and those who should be there. But alas Kelly must make money for all the time he invests and more players=more money. He runs a good event and I would recommend anyone consider this once --or perhaps twice at most--at the appropriate time in their daughter's development.

Comment

Working...
            X