X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver, XXVIII

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
    This is fascinating: Swami with some glowing words of optimism, and DG with the doom & gloom. What's going on???
    I probably turn pessimistic in a month if Bennet doesn't get better.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Question for you Denverites. Do you consider the altitude to be an advantage in games against teams from the east. If so how much?
      I would think BC has to be considered the favorite this weekend except for the altitude factor and of course the home rink/crowd.
      Didn't BC annihilate North Dakota and Notre Dame in the 2008 Frozen Four in Denver? I dont think the altitude affects people as much as people think.
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
        Didn't BC annihilate North Dakota and Notre Dame in the 2008 Frozen Four in Denver? I dont think the altitude affects people as much as people think.
        As far as the BC-UND game in 2008, I don't think it really would have mattered where they played...North Dakota just didn't show up. As for the BC-Notre Dame game, I thought the game was pretty close. Notre Dame was coming on in the third as well, and if it were not for a goal waived off which would have cut it to a 1 goal game, I think they could have very well won that game.

Saying that, if I were BC I wouldn't worry so much about the altitude as the home cooking that DU sometimes receives from the officials.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

[QUOTE=Pablo;4890241]This is fascinating: Swami with some glowing words of optimism, and DG with the doom & gloom. What's going on???

. Someone was quoted in one of Chambers' articles as saying that this year's BC team could be the first team since Maine to win 40 games in a season.

it was Cronin, Northeastern's coach and totally off the charts unrealistic. by november that will be impossible.............he was blowin smoke, IMO

Comment

I posted this on another thread anyone like this idea for DU's new conference for possible realignment
            If I was the all powerful commissioner of the anti big ten hockey conference the following schools would get invited. Reasons will be given. Also organization will be addressed.

9 teams invited
            3 pods of teams. each pod will play each other 4 times throughout the season. Teams in other pods will be played at least twice a year, with a rotating series of 4 with one team every three years.

West Pod
            Denver (my school)
            CC (want to assure 4 games a year with them)
            NorDak (want to assure 4 games a year with them)

Central Pod
            Miami (Solid Program, on rise)
            Notre Dame (name recognition, solid program on rise)
            Nebraska-Omaha (Program on the rise)

Superior Pod
            Minnesota-Duluth (solid program)
            Northern Michigan (solid program)
            Michigan Tech (they bring the MacNaughton Cup, also massive history)

24 league games
            Rotating championship weekend between pods, Chicago, Denver/the Ralph, Bradley center? (don't know where superior pod would hold 4 team championship weekend)

8 team playoff
            last place team is eliminated from conference playoff

that should leave 10 games or so nonconference to be filled by the universities
            NorDak could play Minny and other Minny schools
            Denver and CC could still play a home and home w/ airforce along with minny and wisco
            Superior Pod and central pod would have enough games with other rivals as well.
            I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Ok, so what's up with the new USCHO fan forum look?, It's kinda freaking me out!! I guess I'll get used to it. Where are the smiley faces and stuff?
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

A new look for USCHO! What happened to the Smileys and Eeks?

Thinking the same thing :-)
                GO DU !!!

Comment

When you are replying, you can click the "Go Advanced" button, and that will reveal all the smilies and stuff.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Thanks for the tip.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

A nice front page article on Bennett in the Post today by Chambers:

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_16323592

Comment

Testing the goal light

Pre-game DU goal light test.

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******

DU GOAL

GO DU!!!!!
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Greetings my fellow Pioneer fan. My hiatus is just about over! Things have been busy and strange this year, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping to resume attending the home Pioneer games beginning with the game the evening of November 13. In the mean time, go Pioneers!
                          DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                          sigpic
                          WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

I tried to get hold of you this summer when I was out in Denver. I met up with Bagman and Woody at the Campus Lounge back in July. Saw Wiste and Cammy also.
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                              Testing the goal light

Pre-game DU goal light test.

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******

DU GOAL

GO DU!!!!!
                              Successful Test
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                                This is fascinating: Swami with some glowing words of optimism, and DG with the doom & gloom. What's going on???

I'm especially psyched to see how Ryder develops this year. He had a knack for leveling people without taking a trip to the penalty box last year. I hope he keeps up that trend this year, though his 3 penalties last Saturday don't bode well in that department.
                                I hung out with Swami all weekend in Vermont. Obviously some sort of transference took place.

Keeping with the theme: Ryder was another player who looked sloppy with the puck last weekend, but no doubt, his hitting is a joy to watch. He had some massive hits against Vermont.

Comment

Working...
                                X