This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver, XXVIII

Colborne has a cut lip, broken nose and chipped tooth.

You go into the NHL looking like a movie star and you retire looking like Jim Wiste.

Comment

Rookie game Flyers vs Capitals

J.P. Testwuide #68. Little brother, Mikey, #39

supposed to be available on flyers site
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        Colborne has a cut lip, broken nose and chipped tooth.

You go into the NHL looking like a movie star and you retire looking like Jim Wiste.
        Close that window--it just got very cold in here.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Islanders-Bruins being streamed on both Isles and Bruins site. Rakhshani on the 1st line again tonite for the Isles.
          1-0 Isles. Just went on the PP.

Shot by Rakhshani that caused a scrimmage. "rakhshani got a right hand in there"

2nd PP for Isles end of the 1st. Rakhshani and the Isles look much better today.

1-1 end of 2nd
          Isles lose D-man Hamonic for 2nd fight in 2 games. Down to 17 skaters. Rakh getting lots of ice time.

(Caps rookies edged Flyers. Little Mikey Testwuide had an assist.)

3rd period
          Bruins seem to have the edge
          1-1 7 min left
          Chippiness starting
          Attendance 14000+

OT coming up
          Bruins win 2-1 38 sec to go

Rakh had a lot of ice time and a few good shots, but didn't make the score sheet.
          Last edited by vizoroo; 09-16-2010, 08:32 PM.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Today is 09/17/10.
            There are 15 days until DU's next game.

Wearing #15 for DU is sophomore forward Drew Shore.

This is based upon the first exhibition game on October 2nd.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Time for a new contract for Gwoz. Mike Chambers says connect the dots.
              http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...ozdecky/12903/
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                Time for a new contract for Gwoz. Mike Chambers says connect the dots.
                http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...ozdecky/12903/
                Oh my God I was just going to say this!! This scenario totally makes sense for him, ah geeeezz!!!
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                  Oh my God I was just going to say this!! This scenario totally makes sense for him, ah geeeezz!!!
                  Penn State isn't a good fit for him. Its too much work to start a program and build the recruiting base.

What is a worry is that in a weakened WCHA, DU can't really afford to have the highest paid coach in college hockey.

So yes there is a very real chance that he will leave, but I don't see Penn State as the exit strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                    Penn State isn't a good fit for him. Its too much work to start a program and build the recruiting base.

What is a worry is that in a weakened WCHA, DU can't really afford to have the highest paid coach in college hockey.

So yes there is a very real chance that he will leave, but I don't see Penn State as the exit strategy.
                    By the time the sky falls on the WCHA, a retired Gwoz will be dancing on thatched roof bar on the beach in the bahamas, wearing the most god awful looking pair of striped bermuda shorts anyone has ever seen.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Everyone fears or at least worries about the unknown. I'll admit it, I'm worried. But I'm not afraid, yet. One thing that could make me very, very fearful is to lose Gwoz. If that were to happen, there's no way to put a pretty face on it. Sort of like keeping hockey at DI while dropping everything else to DII. Stalingrad. Whatever it takes, robbing banks, bake sales, whatever.

I didn't want g.d. Penn State in the Big 10 in the first place! Now look at the heartburn they're gonna cause in hockey.

I
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Chevy played at Florida's rookie camp, but is not on the training camp roster.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          Chevy played at Florida's rookie camp, but is not on the training camp roster.
                          Unless he really stands out in the minor leagues, he may have a tough time in Florida with the GM change. Markstrom seems to be the one anointed to replace Vokoun now.

Comment

Today is 09/18/10.
                            There are 14 days until DU's next game.

Wearing #14 for DU is Senior forward, Alternate Captain Jesse Martin.

This is based upon the first exhibition game on October 2nd.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Rock is #49 on NY Islanders training camp roster.

Chevy was #31 on Florida Panthers training camp roster but as noted earlier was not invited to the main training camp.

Joe Colborne is on the main training camp roster for the Boston Bruins. No numbers noted on their training camp roster.
                              Last edited by du78; 09-18-2010, 10:09 AM.
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                                Rock is #49 on NY Islanders training camp roster.

Chevy was #31 on Florida Panthers training camp roster but as noted earlier was not invited to the main training camp.

Joe Colborne is on the main training camp roster for the Boston Bruins. No numbers noted on their training camp roster.

Patrick Wiercioch #46 on training camp roster for Ottawa.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X