• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNC 2010-11 Inaugural Season Thread

http://www.snc.edu/athletics/pressrelease/?i=998
    2010-11 season roster announcement.
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Re: SNC 2010-11 Inaugural Season Thread

Pretty impressive should make some noise in the NCHA. I would guess double digit wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Ranger View Post
      Pretty impressive should make some noise in the NCHA. I would guess double digit wins.
      The team looks good but I wonder how having all freshmen will affect future recruiting. Next year, will girls will want to join a program where the roster is full for years to come?

Comment

Originally posted by SlewFoot View Post
        The team looks good but I wonder how having all freshmen will affect future recruiting. Next year, will girls will want to join a program where the roster is full for years to come?
        I'm guessing several girls will likely be dropped in favour of better players every year. The question is whether or not the coach was appropriately upfront about that.

Comment

Trillium is correct plus you will get the usual fallout from the kids. I think 10+ wins is steep for any first year program. Many of these girls will be in shock the first few NCHA games from just a physical standpoint, but looking at the roster I think they will have a solid start.
          Back from lunch....

Comment

They are most likely going to rotate in new players every year. If you recruit little for 3 years, then bang you need to start from scratch again when this class graduates. That would simply not be prudent succession planning.

There are always a few natural fallouts out of every rookie class at every team in the land. With a big rookie class, there will just be more of them.
            Last edited by OnMAA; 06-04-2010, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
              They are most likely going to rotate in new players every year. If you don't you recruit little for 3 years and then Bang you need to start from scratch. That would simply not be prudent succession planning.

There are always a natural fallouts out of every rookie class at every team in the land. With a big rookie class, there will just be more of them.
              It happens..Elmira graduated nine (9) Seniors this year.

It isn't prudent, however......

Interesting year for the Scoring Eagles? Who steps up?

One thing for sure...Morgan will build a winner and it won't take him long.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                They are most likely going to rotate in new players every year. If you recruit little for 3 years, then bang you need to start from scratch again when this class graduates. That would simply not be prudent succession planning.

There are always a few natural fallouts out of every rookie class at every team in the land. With a big rookie class, there will just be more of them.
                I agree that there will be fallouts but even so most freshman are unrealistically expecting to play a lot in their freshman or sophomore year. Even if there are a lot of fallouts it will be the bottom of the class. The top players will be sophomores which doesn't bode well for a recruit with an eye to the future. I believe most recruits look at the potential growth in playing time as players graduate. I think the large inaugural class will make it tough to recruit the next couple of years.

Comment

I agree that there will be fallouts but even so most freshman are unrealistically expecting to play a lot in their freshman or sophomore year. Even if there are a lot of fallouts it will be the bottom of the class. The top players will be sophomores which doesn't bode well for a recruit with an eye to the future. I believe most recruits look at the potential growth in playing time as players graduate. I think the large inaugural class will make it tough to recruit the next couple of years.
                  Agree, it will be tough no matter how it pans out. The coach will have to mix it up.

Comment

Working...
                  X