Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

I figured out how we fill up threads in short amount of times. At this rate start thinking of RPI 2010 Off-Season IV now cause we will have to start it up before the month of July is over.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      than why didnt you say, "if"?
      Because I didn't feel like it. You're the one here parsing words. When your arguments are as weak as yours, that's all you can do, I guess.

For not caring, you sure seem to have diarrhea of the mouth
      You mistake my fondness for dishing out pain to people who've earned it for caring what you have to say. Believe me, I am enjoying this, and I will continue to enjoy it until you figure out that it's time to crawl back into your hole.

By the way, what's up with your obsession with sewing circles? Is that your thing, sewing circles? That's interesting.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Ouch

Wow my hero

Attn all shoppers, the new code word for if is when

Fork tounge squaw

Comment

Ouch

Wow my hero

Attn all shoppers, the new code word for if is when

Fork tounge squaw
          Was there anything in this post that resembles a complete thought, or are the voices in your head shouting at you again?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Was there anything in this post that resembles a complete thought, or are the voices in your head shouting at you again?
            diarreah

Comment

diarreah
              Yes, it seems like "diarrhea" (please note the correct spelling) is something you are indeed guilty of.

Now, kindly go breathe underwater, as you quite clearly have nothing to add here and our stalwart administrators are refusing to ban you for trolling.

Comment

Today is 28 June 2010. There are 102 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                  I figured out how we fill up threads in short amount of times. At this rate start thinking of RPI 2010 Off-Season IV now cause we will have to start it up before the month of July is over.
                  That does sound quite likely although the hockey content has decreased remarkably this summer.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    That does sound quite likely although the hockey content has decreased remarkably this summer.
                    The hockey content decreases and the forehead abrasions increase.

I think we can attribute the lack of draftees this year to the fact that most of our incoming recruits are older this year, and therefore ineligible. I would think the draftees typically already have a commitment somewhere before the draft, whether it's MJ or NCAA.

Comment

I'm not good at analyzing the team but last year 2 areas seemed to stand out to me as requiring some tweaking...the power play and the tendency for the players to not 'pull the trigger' (actually the reason I mention the power play is [I]because[I] they would not pull the trigger). In the few games I watched live, there was an unselfishness that bordered on tentativeness. I don't know if you can practice that or if it was the group dynamic. What do you guys think?

Having said all that, I do like the offensive firepower we have...just want them shooting earlier and more often.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                        I'm not good at analyzing the team but last year 2 areas seemed to stand out to me as requiring some tweaking...the power play and the tendency for the players to not 'pull the trigger' (actually the reason I mention the power play is [I]because[I] they would not pull the trigger). In the few games I watched live, there was an unselfishness that bordered on tentativeness. I don't know if you can practice that or if it was the group dynamic. What do you guys think?

Having said all that, I do like the offensive firepower we have...just want them shooting earlier and more often.
                        Compared to the previous two years, RPI's powerplay last year looked like Gretzky, Messier et al. That being said, they often did pass a lot before shooting. At least they usually kept control last year.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I know what you are talking about, but power plays in general have been looking for shooting lanes. The defenses have been getting very good at closing those lanes and it just appears that the point men are not shooting when they have a chance. Many of our PP goals were scored on passes through the middle of the ice and one timed into the net.
                          After the three previous years, this was an exceptional power play and will only get better.
                          What I would like to see improved, is our play in our own zone.
                          Last year, there were too many blind passes in our zone leading to many goals against and many more opportunities.
                          We need to be more responsible in the defensive zone.
                          Cut down the goals against and play in the end of season tournaments.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Nothing much different from Saturday http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2643951 but the soap opera continues.
                            Then there's the Jacob Laliberte/ Jr. A Colts situation. The Colts were almost certainly going to find out last week if they were to get their high-scoring captain back for another season, but some details, apparently, still need to be worked out on that one, too.

The betting here is, Laliberte comes back to Cornwall. But you'll just have to wait a bit longer to find out for sure.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's been a common problem for years at RPI despite changes in personnel both on and behind the bench. As ehf said, defenses are good at shutting down shooting lanes, but I wonder if some of it isn't somewhat institutionalized as well. One can draw a line down through the ages - D'Amigo played with Kerins, who played with MacDonald, who played with Graham, who played with Tapper, who played with Healey, who played with Richardson, who played with Majic, who played with Juneau, who played with Ferreira, who played with Hernberg, who played with Oates, and so on and so forth (kinda like the Bible and all the begats). So it's possible that little things that freshmen pick up on from seniors gets integrated into their game at RPI that can later get passed down when they're seniors. Small things like waiting, waiting, waiting for the perfect shot on the PP.

Now, of course, it's a coach's place to find issues and work specifically on those issues to alleviate them, but I'm just saying that institutionalized play isn't completely impossible.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                                Just because a RPI player wasnt picked in the draft this weekend does not mean that the NHL is "blind" to players at RPI. Last season I saw a Bruins scout taking notes on several players from RPI during one game. Sure none of our incoming players got picked but it doesnt mean that they are off the radars of the NHL teams.

On a different level, this board used to be a great place to post info about RPI hockey with people and share in the greatness that is college hockey. There are people who post here that do great work in keeping us the common fan updated on the ins and outs of whats happening in Troy and to have general bickering and arguments on here just brings the level of the forum down in my opinion. Lately it seems like it has turned into a forum for name calling and general immaturity between people which does not really contribute much to the theme of this board which the last time I checked is RPI hockey. Im all about having passionate discussions about RPI hockey but to bring it to the levels of calling someone a hick or loser just doesnt help in keeping a good vibe here.

So maybe before people post they should step back and take a second look at what they are about to put on here and think "will it really make the forum better". Im sure people will jump on me for this then go ahead I can take it and I promise I wont drop to the level of name calling.
                                Well said. It would be nice if the self-centered people who think that anyone else wants to read the petty back and forth that sometimes appears here would exchange e-mails and take that crap "outside."

Comment

Working...
                                X