Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Good to see the team taking its own steps in getting better for next season. Hopefully this translates into winning games in the 3rd period and not just a bunch of bulked up hockey players walking around asking other kids on campus how much they bench.
    I'm sure they will also be doing cardiovascular, maybe a few runs to Center Brunswick and back.

Comment

Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

I think the team is sick of getting clutch and grabbed and are getting stronger to fight thru those checks and holds. Also, in Pirri's case he is getting ready for his pro career. This is all good. We all know SA was stung by 3rd period losses and "won't get fooled again".
      __________________________________________________ _________

If you get a chance say thank you to a Vet for providing the blanket of freedom that we enjoy. Happy Memorial Day ... Never Forget.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        This is all good. We all know SA was stung by 3rd period losses and "won't get fooled again".
        __________________________________________________ _________

If you get a chance say thank you to a Vet for providing the blanket of freedom that we enjoy. Happy Memorial Day ... Never Forget.
        That is exactly what I was thinking when I read the article. Stronger third periods will add a lot of wins to the schedule.

As for your other comment, your welcome.
        And I promise, they will not be forgotten.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

I think it's a testament to the team leaders that the boys are working in the off season the way they are. I have no doubt they will all carry that work ethic into the summer and return next semester with a renewed determination to break through to the next level of success. To me the stars are aligning; it's going to be really fun to watch next year. Having said that (and I know I'm going to catch hell from some of you for this), I believe that if JL were to become an engineer it would not bode well for the 'chemistry' that is brewing. I don't believe this group of young men needs a prima dona among them when they are all very selfless in their dedication. There...I said it...that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Comment

I know I would like to extend this as well, especially as there are a few active and retired service people that frequent these boards. Many thanks to all of you.

Comment

I echo AspyDad's words on this solemn day (no big festivities ever feel right to honor those who died for this great Nation)

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                I think it's a testament to the team leaders that the boys are working in the off season the way they are. I have no doubt they will all carry that work ethic into the summer and return next semester with a renewed determination to break through to the next level of success. To me the stars are aligning; it's going to be really fun to watch next year. Having said that (and I know I'm going to catch hell from some of you for this), I believe that if JL were to become an engineer it would not bode well for the 'chemistry' that is brewing. I don't believe this group of young men needs a prima dona among them when they are all very selfless in their dedication. There...I said it...that's my story and I'm sticking to it...
                You won't catch hell from me. In fact, not only do I agree with you, but I think that's one of the reasons Coach said, "Stay in juniors another year, we're not ready for you yet."

Wait for it..... wait for it.....

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  You won't catch hell from me. In fact, not only do I agree with you, but I think that's one of the reasons Coach said, "Stay in juniors another year, we're not ready for you yet."

Wait for it..... wait for it.....
                  Without a true change in personality (and I could be reading him all wrong so I'll be the first to admit it if I am), I don't think an extra year in Jr's will improve his attitude; in fact, his head might grow. I think hockey is one of the last sports to reject the 'big time' attitude...I like the 'lunch pail' attitude this group has.

Comment

Pirri has an agent according to that article. Family advisor, perhaps?
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-31-2010, 03:53 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Pirri has an agent according to that article. Family advisor, perhaps?
                      Well, there's someone in Toronto that Jerry D'Amigo regularly contacted regarding his play and where he should improve. Perhaps this is similar?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Well, there's someone in Toronto that Jerry D'Amigo regularly contacted regarding his play and where he should improve. Perhaps this is similar?
                        It's just that the NCA doesn't allow players to have agents. They are usually called family advisors instead. As I understand it, family advisors don't have contracts.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          It's just that the NCA doesn't allow players to have agents. They are usually called family advisors instead. As I understand it, family advisors don't have contracts.
                          I think sometimes Ed gets confused. All in all he does a decent job. Heart is in the right place, unlike most of the hacks at the Record.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                            Babo, I think you're right. SA has character gentlemen and doesn't need to throw the mojo away for one guy. With that being said I think JL will realize his only shot will be to play in college. I don't know if it will be in Troy or somewhere else though.

Comment

Babo, I think you're right. SA has character gentlemen and doesn't need to throw the mojo away for one guy. With that being said I think JL will realize his only shot will be to play in college. I don't know if it will be in Troy or somewhere else though.
                              I believe the major junior train has left the station He will be 20 in September (He's a '90 I believe)So its Pro Hockey(minor leagues) which making the jump from the league he plays in is not impossible but highly unlikely....or College Hockey in which case if he doesn't honor his commitment to RPI that says something about his character and so be it. We can move on without him just fine/My prediction is if he gets by the SAT's and meets the 'tutes requirements(not a given) he will end up here.My understanding is He's not that bad a Kid.And if you think about it the timing of coming next year is not a bad thing this will be about the time we need to start thinking about life without Pirri and D'Amigo.Not a bad replacement.
                              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                                I believe the major junior train has left the station He will be 20 in September (He's a '90 I believe)So its Pro Hockey(minor leagues) which making the jump from the league he plays in is not impossible but highly unlikely....or College Hockey in which case if he doesn't honor his commitment to RPI that says something about his character and so be it. We can move on without him just fine/My prediction is if he gets by the SAT's and meets the 'tutes requirements(not a given) he will end up here.My understanding is He's not that bad a Kid.And if you think about it the timing of coming next year is not a bad thing this will be about the time we need to start thinking about life without Pirri and D'Amigo.Not a bad replacement.
                                Let's add to that that Chase Polacek is a senior. Helfrich and Halpern are also leaving; I think Malchuk will have one more year after this next one because of the redshirt, Brutlag's also going to be a senior, but I think that's it from a forwards standpoint. I guess we'll have to see how having 18 forwards fighting for 12 spots helps our chances, and take it from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X