Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Steven Beyers, RPI target, in a HS lacrosse uniform http://www.thestar.com/sports/highsc...-steven-beyers. Not a great HS average. (I am surprised that they post this information, but it has happened with others too.)

I don't think that this was posted earlier http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/A...true&e=1183195. Beyers went to the Sudbury camp last year, and I assume that he paid his own way and stayed less than 48 hours. Sounds indeed like SA's type of player.

Edit: I should add that the article states that Beyers was cut, while the truth is probably that he left on his own volition so as not to lose his NCAA eligibility.
    Sounds like a pretty good catch if we can get him. His 73% average might be OK if his school was like Brooklyn Tech or Stuyvesant or even Bronx High School of Science
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

The article in the Sudbury Star about Beyers mentioned in my previous post http://www.sudburystar.com/ArticleDi...true&e=1178036.
      Steven Beyers picked up the puck at centre ice without breaking stride and charged down the side boards with an impressive head of steam. A veteran defenceman was laying in wait and angling to cut off the rookie hopeful's lane to the ne. He slid over to take his out his target, but it was much too late. Beyers, skating with his head up all the way, hit an extra gear, causing the blueliner to whiff badly, his hip missing its intended target by three feet or more.

Then, Beyers finished it off, his hands and stick a blur of moves from the hash marks in, the flopping goalie left with no chance as the puck went straight up into the roof of the net with Beyers cruising past the lip of the crease.
      etc.

He doesn't have DrD size, but I will take him.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Sounds like a pretty good catch if we can get him. His 73% average might be OK if his school was like Brooklyn Tech or Stuyvesant or even Bronx High School of Science
        Has Jayson Moy been paying you off to say that Stuyvesant is better than Science?

Seriously, Stuyvesant is better ranked these days, but it wasn't as far as I remember when I was in HS. Then Science had the new building and facilities, and the Bronx had not yet turned into a vast combat zone. Also, Science was the only competitive academic school in NYC at the time that was coed meaning that there was a larger base of potential students.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Saw the Curradi kid at his USHL camp, did nothing to impress. There is a reason why he was cut last year and ended up in BCHL. He will not be a big help at RPI. On or off the ice.

Looked like an idiot trying to fight a kid 5'6" 165 lbs in all star game after he got tooled and scored on. The nhl guy I was watching game with said , "exactly as billed", "total waste of size"

Hopefully Montgomery can work some wonders with him and teach him how to be a shut down player. Zero offensive upside and was toasted 1/1 several times by kids 2 and 3 years younger.

Comment

Article from yesterday about Curadi on Penticton's blog http://pentictonvees.podbean.com/201...3-luke-curadi/.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              Saw the Curradi kid at his USHL camp, did nothing to impress. There is a reason why he was cut last year and ended up in BCHL. He will not be a big help at RPI. On or off the ice.
              This would mean so much more coming from... anyone else. You never have a positive thing to say about anyone. Why anyone would listen to you is beyond me, Hokeydope. You, quite frankly, are a complete joke.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Article from yesterday about Curadi on Penticton's blog http://pentictonvees.podbean.com/201...3-luke-curadi/.
                Seems like Luke needs to work on a few things, and that is ok. He is a very big defenseman and that is a start. If he works on his footwork and decision making, he will be fine in college. No fighting to worry about and I am sure that he will learn to line up the opposition for big hits this year.
                I look forward to seeing him in Troy.
                Late round pick would be great for him, as it will keep him on some teams radar.
                Good Luck Luke
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of

Looked like an idiot trying to fight a kid 5'6" 165 lbs in all star game after he got tooled and scored on. The nhl guy I was watching game with said , "exactly as billed", "total waste of size"

Hopefully Montgomery can work some wonders with him and teach him how to be a shut down player. Zero offensive upside and was toasted 1/1 several times by kids 2 and 3 years younger.
                  As much as I endeavor to refrain from responding to ******* posts...If its all the same to you, I'll hold Monty's actions (using one of his pre-draft tenders on Luke) and his thoughts about Luke in higher regard than your blathering...

"..."Luke's only going to get better," said Montgomery, a former NHLer himself. "He should be someone an NHL team should take in this draft. If he continues to progress the way he has over the last 18 months, it's scary where he could be after the next 18 months."

http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=286863
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    Seems like Luke needs to work on a few things, and that is ok. He is a very big defenseman and that is a start. If he works on his footwork and decision making, he will be fine in college. No fighting to worry about and I am sure that he will learn to line up the opposition for big hits this year.
                    I look forward to seeing him in Troy.
                    Late round pick would be great for him, as it will keep him on some teams radar.
                    Good Luck Luke
                    Its no secret that P'ton & Harbison weren't happy with Luke's decision to jump to the USHL..which is why they burned a whole blog paragraph talking about his boxing technique instead of hockey skills.

Yes, he has areas to improve on...what kid his age doesn't? Folks need to remember that the BRO is young in hockey years having not committed to hockey full-time at a relatively old age (in hockey terms) and his learning curve so far has been quite swift.

Anyone who has known a kid whose body grows so big so fast realizes that it takes time to develop speed, quickness and finesse... There is every reason to believe that his development will continue rapidly under Monty & Co.s tutelage.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      As much as I endeavor to refrain from responding to ******* posts...If its all the same to you, I'll hold Monty's actions (using one of his pre-draft tenders on Luke) and his thoughts about Luke in higher regard than your blathering...
                      Don't you see? It doesn't matter what our outstanding coaches, who have had the eye to put together a team brimming with talent, are seeing across months and months of recruiting, and what we've seen in the game tapes we've watched - the only thing that matters is the opinion of one internet blowhard based on one supposed viewing and the voices in his head.

Who are you going to believe, Hokeydope, or your lyin' eyes?
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Whatever. That's why Luke is on the ESPN NHL draft board. See link
                        http://espn.go.com/nhldraft/draft/tracker/rank

I think RC puts it best...Nocturnal enuresis.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Its no secret that P'ton & Harbison weren't happy with Luke's decision to jump to the USHL..which is why they burned a whole blog paragraph talking about his boxing technique instead of hockey skills.

Yes, he has areas to improve on...what kid his age doesn't? Folks need to remember that the BRO is young in hockey years having not committed to hockey full-time at a relatively old age (in hockey terms) and his learning curve so far has been quite swift.

Anyone who has known a kid whose body grows so big so fast realizes that it takes time to develop speed, quickness and finesse... There is every reason to believe that his development will continue rapidly under Monty & Co.s tutelage.
                          Besides, he does have the one thing you can't teach-size! I want this big fellow in Cherry and White as soon as he is ready.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            This would mean so much more coming from... anyone else. You never have a positive thing to say about anyone. Why anyone would listen to you is beyond me, Hokeydope. You, quite frankly, are a complete joke.
                            I was so hoping that another poster would chime in concerning Hokydad's comments, as that would have the potential to be entertaining...

The BRO definitely has time to grow his playing ability, and that's why he isn't in the NHL now. I'm sure he learned a lot at Penticton in the year since that cut. He'll learn a lot at Dubuque. He'll learn a lot in Troy. I will have some patience with the kids because they won't all be overnight stars.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I was so hoping that another poster would chime in concerning Hokydad's comments, as that would have the potential to be entertaining...
                              That was exactly my thought, and I kept quiet.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              The BRO definitely has time to grow his playing ability, and that's why he isn't in the NHL now. I'm sure he learned a lot at Penticton in the year since that cut. He'll learn a lot at Dubuque. He'll learn a lot in Troy. I will have some patience with the kids because they won't all be overnight stars.
                              Can someone help? I didn't think that Curadi was cut last year from the USHL. I thought that he selected the BCHL over it.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

...Can someone help? I didn't think that Curadi was cut last year from the USHL. I thought that he selected the BCHL over it.
                                You're not dreaming.

"...The 1991-born Curadi is a highly regarded prospect who was also being courted by Lincoln, Neb. of the United States Hockey League....
                                “Luke brings a different dimension to our back end,” said Vees general manager and head coach Fred Harbinson. “We‘re very happy he chose to come to Penticton.”

http://www.pentictonherald.ca/top_st...959&type=Local

Comment

Working...
                                X