Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Anyone see Briere's face after he took a stick with the half sheild on? He gets paid for that. When they start paying college players, than they can take chances with their futures...
    At $50,000 or so per year in RPI tuition/R&B, some would argue they are indeed being compensated... I agree that the full shields will likely remain.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      College players should be required to wear full face shields has they do now.
      Lets remember that for the most part, these kids are going to go into something other than professional hockey.
      They should not have to worry about a stick or puck in the face.
      Anyone see Briere's face after he took a stick with the half sheild on? He gets paid for that. When they start paying college players, than they can take chances with their futures.
      As for fighting, there is no place for it in college hockey. JMO
      Well said!

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

[QUOTE=engineerhockeyfan;4799349]College players should be required to wear full face shields has they do now.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...Direction.html
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          The fact that his goals scored total is only 341 (as compared to others who are up over 400) works against him. This year is not a bumper crop and he has his best chance but I suppose the voters are not as impressed by assists for a forward as they are goals. With defensemen it is probably a different story. Here's hoping we get our first RPI alumnus in.
          Stupidly, it's his lack of post-season success (no Stanley Cup) that seems to hold him back the most. A lack of goals is one thing, but Dino Ciccarelli has over 600 of them and he's not in yet either - he's been waiting longer than Oates has but Dino got into it with reporters so... They're holding a bit of a grudge.

I'll have yet another post on my own site touting Oates (just as I've done the last two years). While I'm proud of my photoshop from last year, this year's picture is going to be angry as I stated last year:
          Oates in 2010 or we riot.
          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Today is 17 June 2010. There are 107 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October for the start of next season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Saginaw traded for Brandon Pirri's rights from Sudbury, word is making a very strong push to leave and go to the O
              Will be interesting to see if Blackhawks are in favor, will know after dev camp in early July

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                Saginaw traded for Brandon Pirri's rights from Sudbury, word is making a very strong push to leave and go to the O
                Will be interesting to see if Blackhawks are in favor, will know after dev camp in early July
                The player that he was traded for plays for UML http://www.sudburywolves.com/wolves/index.php?id=462. It sounds like two OHL teams have nothing to lose. It will also keep us posting here. Visca redshirted last season.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-17-2010, 08:48 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A comment, from a Saginaw fan, that makes some sense to me http://www.mlive.com/spirit/index.ss...ts-newest.html
                  Funny that the Spirit only release his OJHL information and fail to mention that last year he actually played college hockey for RPI. Quite the successful season, putting up 43 points in 39 games is very good at the college level. Word is he would be a dominant OHL player but I can't imagine him leaving RPI unless he is absolutely set on going to the NHL. Too good of a school to forfeit the remaining scholarship even though it might lack the exposure of larger programs.

Odd though that they would make this deal. I'd be curious to know if there is a family connection with anyone currently in the Spirit organization. We keep getting toyed with on the Saad situation, which I'm doubting he ever shows up. If Pirri and Saad report, Pasquale and Telegin come back, and they get one solid rookie from this summer's draft then this team would be championship caliber.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Here is the Saginaw announcement http://www.saginawspirit.com/News/Sp...ectRights.aspx. BTW, Saginaw has signed Saad if that is relevant.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      The player that he was traded for plays for UML http://www.sudburywolves.com/wolves/index.php?id=462. It sounds like two OHL teams have nothing to lose. It will also keep us posting here. Visca redshirted last season.
                      I'm not sure what the story is with Visca at Lowell. Coach MacDonald did say at one point he was not being redshirted and that it was a simple case of Visca not being able to break into the lineup. I'm not sure if that's changed. Like many Lowell fans I was a bit surprised since they brought him in as a 18 year old freshman, he could have played another year of junior.

So based on what happened last season I could see Visca making a move to the OHL. Hard to believe Pirri would leave RPI.

Comment

The problem with Lowell is that they get carried away with recruits

They have 14 coming in this year alone as freshmen, all listed on Heisenberg.

No one else in Hockey East has more than 8, most 6-7.

Its absurd to recruit 14 for one year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of

Here is the Saginaw announcement http://www.saginawspirit.com/News/Sp...ectRights.aspx. BTW, Saginaw has signed Saad if that is relevant.
                          If nothing else, we can always count on the "O" to provide us with their excellent works of fiction: "...He spent the last two seasons in the OJHL, most recently with the Georgetown Raiders."

Gee...that's funny I don't recall seeing his name in the Raiders' box scores last season...OH THAT'S RIGHT, ITS BECAUSE HE WASN'T THERE !
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            I'm not sure what the story is with Visca at Lowell. Coach MacDonald did say at one point he was not being redshirted and that it was a simple case of Visca not being able to break into the lineup. I'm not sure if that's changed. Like many Lowell fans I was a bit surprised since they brought him in as a 18 year old freshman, he could have played another year of junior.

So based on what happened last season I could see Visca making a move to the OHL. Hard to believe Pirri would leave RPI.
                            It sounds like Visca might want to go to the O and prefers Sudbury to Saginaw. Hopefully JFK has told Pirri that Saginaw is more of a dump than Troy.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              If nothing else, we can always count on the "O" to provide us with their excellent works of fiction: "...He spent the last two seasons in the OJHL, most recently with the Georgetown Raiders."

Gee...that's funny I don't recall seeing his name in the Raiders' box scores last season...OH THAT'S RIGHT, ITS BECAUSE HE WASN'T THERE !
                              That's what the comment that I quoted in post 338 also said.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That's what the comment that I quoted in post 338 also said.
                                I'm allowed to reiterate, no ?

Comment

Working...
                                X