Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UW-Stout offseason thread

Originally posted by Iranger View Post
    thats a below average to average ncha recruiting class at best. learn it, believe it, deal with it.
    Two More Recruits Announced; Stafne & Cecka --- http://www.stouthockey.com/2010/09/t...-stafne-cecka/

I'm dealing...
    WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
    NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
    WIAC Championships: 10-11
    NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
    NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilAdvocate View Post
      When did we ever claim that we were a "dynasty"?

Dynasty: "A family or group that maintains power for several generations".

2 years isn't long enough to equate to a dynasty, showing your stupidity; must be from the education they give you mud ducks in Hibbing.

By the way were 111-69-18 in the last 6 years. I think that's a nice solid team.
      By definition (mine), in college athletics a dynasty would be a run of dominance that extends over five or more years. Norwich is a dynasty in the ECAC East. Midd is (was?) a dynasty in the NESCAC. As for the West UWS used to be one, seems like SNC is, and Stout has been consistently good
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Looks like an over recruiting class to me. Eight graduated and bringing in thirteen. How many transfers? Alot of suites in the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheese4ever View Post
          Looks like an over recruiting class to me. Eight graduated and bringing in thirteen. How many transfers? Alot of suites in the stands.
          I don't think Dunn County Arena has suites I could be wrong, though

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            I don't think Dunn County Arena has suites I could be wrong, though
            You be wrong. We have a enclosed seating area in one corner of the arena with finger foods for folks willing to pay a bit more. It's typically reserved by older fans. 60+

A way to minimize your chance of frostbite.

I feel pretty safe saying the Dunn Co. is one of the coldest arenas in the country. You know it's a cold rink when you leave the arena and you feel like it's warmer outside during a Wisconsin evening in January.

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
              You be wrong. We have a enclosed seating area in one corner of the arena with finger foods for folks willing to pay a bit more. It's typically reserved by older fans. 60+

A way to minimize your chance of frostbite.

I feel pretty safe saying the Dunn Co. is one of the coldest arenas in the country. You know it's a cold rink when you leave the arena and you feel like it's warmer outside during a Wisconsin evening in January.
              We used to have one of those. Originally a horse barn, rafters 10 feet off the ice. Chickenwire instead of plexiglass

Comment

Not to rag on Stout, but unless it's changed, the Dunn is indeed a cold dump.

Other rinks I encountered in the 90's that left a little to be desired:

-St. Mary's. The visitors locker room was in a different building and you had to walk outside to get from the dressing room to the ice. Has that changed?
                -Lake Forest.
                -St. Olaf

Nicer ones at the time:

-Gustavus
                -Point
                -Augsburg
                -Superior

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post

-St. Mary's. The visitors locker room was in a different building and you had to walk outside to get from the dressing room to the ice. Has that changed?
                  -Lake Forest.
                  -St. Olaf

Nicer ones at the time:

-Gustavus
                  -Point
                  -Augsburg
                  -Superior
                  St. Mary's has indeed changed... updated facility there now.
                  Lake Forest has also renovated(ish) since the '90's. Still leaves plenty to be desired (at least as of 5 years ago), but not all that bad.

Northland is the worst rink I've been to.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
                    St. Mary's has indeed changed... updated facility there now.
                    Lake Forest has also renovated(ish) since the '90's. Still leaves plenty to be desired (at least as of 5 years ago), but not all that bad.

Northland is the worst rink I've been to.
                    I agree Northland is the pits. St. Olaf is no palace though.
                    I get a kick out of the lobby at the Lake Forest rink. Reminds me of walking into an episode of Rod Sterling's Twilight Zone. The phone booth must be from the early 20's. The American Picker guys should check it out
                    SNC Men:
                    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                    SNC Women:
                    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post

-Lake Forest.
                      -St. Olaf

Nicer ones at the time:

-Gustavus
                      -Point
                      -Augsburg
                      -Superior
                      Add MSOE to your nice list.
                      SNC Men:
                      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                      SNC Women:
                      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        We used to have one of those. Originally a horse barn, rafters 10 feet off the ice. Chickenwire instead of plexiglass
                        Funny story, the rink is actually used as a barn in the summer for the county fair. There is also an auxiliary rink next door which the conditions are very fun at...

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz62 View Post
                          Funny story, the rink is actually used as a barn in the summer for the county fair. There is also an auxiliary rink next door which the conditions are very fun at...
                          Ahhh yes, the auxiliary rink. Located right next to the Dunn Co. It's the winter "outdoor/indoor" public hockey rink. They open up large sliding doors to let cold air in. Full boards, painted lines and nets.

Any time, any night. Walk in and flip the lights on and play. A truly unique experience.

Caution: Watch out for the mice near your bag and the birds who nest in the rafters flying over your head while dangling.

Where else can you play hockey at 4 a.m. in a barn that smells like horses and you put your skates on while seated on a bail of hay? The Dunn Co. #2

Hope your ready for winter Fritz62....

Comment

Don't forget the mountain of gravel behind the boards and over the net that destroys your skates when you shoot over the net

Ahhh the memories
                            http://www.stouthockey.com

My College Experience:
                            UW-Stout
                            ^08-09 NCHA Peter's Cup Champions^
                            ^08-09 NCAA National Tournament Appearance^

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilAdvocate View Post
                              Don't forget the mountain of gravel behind the boards and over the net that destroys your skates when you shoot over the net

Ahhh the memories
                              Looks like you are the one who forgot about it.

Comment

Team Helps Out Incoming Students With Move-In Day - http://www.stouthockey.com/2010/09/t...t-move-in-day/

Members of the team will also be present at a pep rally tonight on the south lawn near the Memorial Student Center from 8:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Comment

Working...
                                X